- J52641 000000000 J52641000000000
AEA Microphones TRP Ribbon Mic Preamplifier
- Write a Review
Most preamps are geared towards the needs of condenser mics. But if you’re miking with a ribbon, you’re probably doing it because you want to hear th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Preamp designed for ribbon mice.
Most preamps are geared towards the needs of condenser mics. But if you’re miking with a ribbon, you’re probably doing it because you want to hear the smooth, open tone that a ribbon gives you. However, if you’re using a mic pre designed for condensers, you might be trying to fit a ribbon-shaped sound through a condenser-shaped hole, and throwing away much of the ribbon’s tone in the process. In fact, you may have never heard everything your ribbon mics are capable of.
The AEA TRP is the first mic preamp designed specifically to fit the needs of a ribbon mic. First, the JFET discrete front end provides 83dB of gain. AEA made that gain as quiet as physically possible by leaving out the phantom power circuitry and giving it an external power supply. The TRP’s 300 kHz of bandwidth makes it well-equipped to handle fast transients and the Low-Energy-Storage (LES)TM circuit topology allows it to recover instantly from overloads, providing you with everything you need for 192 kHz high-resolution recordings.
The AEA TRP is optimized for ribbon, moving coil, and tube mics that don’t need phantom power. It allows you to hear more of what you want to hear and less of absolutely everything else.
- Gain is >83 dB at 1 kHz, balanced in to balanced out
- Positive polarity is pin 2 on XLRs, tip on 1⁄4 “ stereo jacks
- Balanced outputs clip above +28 dBu, 100k load
- Unbalanced XLR output load reduces max level by ~6 dB
- Unbalanced 1⁄4” TRS outputs clip at +22 dBu, 100k load
- Frequency response: down 3 dB at 6 Hz and 300 kHz
- THD at 1 kHz is .005% with 22 Hz to 22 kHz bandwidth
- EIN, (weighted noise figure): -130 dBu, 150 Ω input
- Balanced mic input impedance: >30,000 Ω
- Microphone input electronics are DC coupled
- Mic inputs are zener protected from external P48 DC
- Mic inputs shut off while external DC is present
- Green LED snaps on at ~ - 5 dBu
- Yellow LED is variable brightness from ~ 0 to +20 dBu
- Red LED snaps on at ~ +20 dBu
- High-pass filter: 12 dB per octave and -3 dB at 100 Hz
- Power supply provides two 17.25 VAC outputs
If you've gone so far as to get a quality ribbon mic, take the next step. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.