- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Akai Professional MPC2500 Recording Package
- Write a Review
- Product 703255
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MPC2500 Recording Package includes the Akai MPC2500 Music Production Center, M-Audio FireWire Solo Mobile Audio Interface, MXL 990/993 Studio Mic...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An affordable home music production system with a sequencer/sampler!
The MPC2500 Recording Package includes the Akai MPC2500 Music Production Center, M-Audio FireWire Solo Mobile Audio Interface, MXL 990/993 Studio Microphone Package, Fostex PM0.4 Powered Studio Monitors, MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom, 2 x TRS-TRS Balanced Patch Cables, and a 20' Lo-Z Microphone Cable.
MPC2500 Music Production Center
The Akai MPC2500 Music Production Center combines a 64-track MIDI sequencer with a 32-voice, 16-bit stereo digital sampler in one extremely powerful desktop unit.
The Akai MPC2500 has 2 internal effects processors that can be used simultaneously. They include a wide range of effects algorithms, such as reverb, delay, bit grunger, chorus, phasers, flying pan, 4-band EQ, compressor, and a phase shifter.
Realtime control is provided by 2-note variation sliders and 2 Q-Link knobs that can be separately assigned to allow flexible, realtime performance control of a wide variety of selectable parameters. These parameters include level, pan, filter cut-off and resonance, and tuning. Each assignable Q-Link knob can generate MIDI data so that parameter information can be recorded and played back from within a sequence.
2 MIDI inputs and 4 MIDI outputs come standard on the Akai Music Production Center, enabling 64 external MIDI channel operation. In addition, the MPC2500 can individually control its onboard sampler with up to 64 parts, allowing users to assign a different program on each track.
A large LCD screen allows a clear view of sequence data. Continuous MIDI data can also be shown, as well as edited, graphically.
Comes with 16MB of onboard memory which can be expanded up to 128MB of RAM via the optional EXM128 memory card ( sold separately. Optional CD-M25 drive adds CD burning capability (sold separately).
FireWire Solo Mobile Audio Interface
The M-Audio FireWire Solo Mobile Audio Interface allows songwriters on a limited budget to enter the realm of digital recording. The unit is compatible with most popular music software and is small enough to take anywhere your music needs to go. The FireWire Solo has a 1/4" input for electric instruments, as well as an XLR input for recording vocals or acoustic instruments. Dual line inputs are ideal for effects, drum machines, or other outboard gear. FireWire connectivity, 24-bit/96kHz sample rate support, and digital I/O all add up to outstanding sonic performance.
MXL 990/993 Studio Microphone Package
The MXL 990/993 Studio Package gives you a great value in a condenser and an instrument microphone pair.
The MXL 990 is a true phantom-powered condenser mic with a 6-micron, 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragm. It has an FET preamp with balanced output for a silky-sweet high end with solid low and midrange vocal reproduction. 30Hz-20kHz frequency range. 130dB maximum SPL. It has the look and sound of a vintage vocal mic and includes a rugged carrying case, shockmount, and stand adapter.
The MXL 993 is the latest in quality instrument microphones. Using transformerless FET circuitry and a gold diaphragm capsule, the 993 delivers the dynamic range required in the most demanding instrument microphone applications. It has a silky, open sound with a wide dynamic range essential for accurate instrument recording. With a 20Hz-20kHz frequency range, 10dB switchable attenuation, selectable -10dB low-frequency roll-off, and large brass enclosure, the MXL 993 is perfect for guitar and overhead drum miking. Includes a rugged carrying case, MXL 990 shockmount and stand adapter, and 993 mounting clip.
Fostex PM0.4 Powered Studio Monitors
Fostex employs the latest cone material technology to obtain extremely pure music reproduction with the PM 0.4 powered monitors. Biamplification provides 18W to the 4" LF drivers and 18W to the extremely responsive 5/8" soft-dome tweeters. The 4" cones are made of Kevlar fibers for high rigidity and optimum damping, as well as incredible durability. Newly designed dampers around the tweeters eliminate interference for clearer high-frequency response. The compact cabinets are specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and incorporate a long bass port for deep and accurate low-frequency response.
MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". 30-1/4" boom is not adjustable.
- 64-track MIDI sequencer
- 32-voice, 16-bit stereo digital sampler
- Intuitive, ergonomic interface
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
- 2 internal effects processors can be used simultaneously
- 2-note variation sliders and 2 Q-Link knobs provide realtime control
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI outputs
- Large, backlit LCD screen
- 16MB onboard memory, expandable to 128MB
- 24-bit/96kHz sample rate support
- XLR input with 48V phantom power, gain control, and clip LED
- 1/4" input with gain control and clip LED
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- 2 - 1/4" line inputs
- 2 - 1/4" line outputs
- Dual FireWire ports with bus power
- ASIO2, WDM, GSIF2, MME, and Core Audio compatibility
- Stereo headphone output
- FireWire included
- MXL 990 Features:
- True, phantom powered, condenser mic with a 6-micron, 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragm
- FET preamp with balanced output
- Silky-sweet high end with solid low and midrange vocal reproduction
- 30Hz-20kHz frequency range
- 130dB maximum SPL.
- Look and sound of a vintage vocal mic
- Includes a rugged carrying case, shockmount, and stand adapter
- 993 Features:
- FET circuitry
- Gold diaphragm capsule design
- Silky, open instrument reproduction
- 20Hz-20kHz frequency range
- 10dB switchable attenuation
- Selectable -10dB low-frequency roll-off
- Large brass enclosure
- Perfect for guitar and overhead drum miking
- Includes deluxe carrying case and mounting clip
- 4" Kevlar-cone low frequency drivers
- 5/8" soft dome tweeters
- 18W to lows, 18W to highs
- 60Hz to 30kHz Frequency response
- 5-3/4"W x 8-11/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- 8 lbs. each
- Sound Generator:
- Data format: 16-bit linear WAV
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz
- Memory: 16MB standard (11.5MB for sound memory), expandable to 128MB
- Memory expansion slot for optional EXM128
- Recording time: 136sec. (16MB, Mono), 24min. 28sec. (128MB, Mono)
- Polyphony: 32-voice
- Filter type: low pass, band pass, high pass
- Dynamic filtering: 2 x 2-pole filter per voice
- Preset sound memory: 5MB
- Number of programs: 24
- Effects: 2 stereo effects and Master effect
- Effect types: chorus, glanger, bit grunger, 4-band EQ, compressor, phase shifter, tremolo, flying pan, reverb, delay
- Master effect: 4-band EQ, compressor
- Maximum events: 100,000 notes
- Resolution: 96 parts per 1/4-note
- Sequences: 99
- Tracks per sequence: 64
- MIDI output channels: 64 (16 channels x 4 outputs)
- Song mode: 20 songs, 250 steps per song
- Drum pad: 16 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
- Drum pad banks: 4
- Sync mode MIDI clock
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
- 4 pad banks
- 16 Levels: Velocity, Tuning
- Automated Pad Mixer (Level, Pan, and FX send)
- Track Mute and Next Sequence features for live performance
- Record input (L and R) 1/4" stereo phone x 2, balanced -40dBu, input impedance 11k ohms, max. input level +10dBu
- Digital input: RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF
- Digital output: RCA-pin x 1 S/PDIF
- Stereo output (L and R) 1/4" phone x 2 balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms, max. output level +22dBu
- 8 individual analog outputs: 1/4" phone balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms, max. output level +22dBu
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo, 200mW/100 ohms
- MIDI inputs: 5-pin DIN x 2
- MIDI outputs: 5-pin DIN x 4
- USB Slave connector x 1, USB MASS STORAGE CLASS support (Windows 2000/Me/XP or later version, or MacOS 9.x/10.x or later version)
- Footswitch inputs: 1/4" phone x 2
- Standard Accessories:
- 32MB CompactFlash card, power cable, manual
- 16-1/3"W x 3-3/4"H x 13-1/10"D
- 14 lbs.