- Product 270511
AKG C 414 LTD Limited Edition Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
In honor of its 60th anniversary, AKG pays tribute to a legendary microphone with the limited edition C 414 LTD featuring unique styling and hand-sel...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A special edition to celebrate a classic.
In honor of its 60th anniversary, AKG pays tribute to a legendary microphone with the limited edition C 414 LTD featuring unique styling and hand-selected components. With a classic nickel-and-brass finish, this special version is a tribute to one of the most famous microphones in the recording world, manufactured only during the anniversary year 2007. It presents itself with carefully selected components and sophisticated engineering details to ensure superior audio for the most demanding creative challenges. Five selectable polar patterns, high sensitivity, and extremely low self-noise add up to unparalleled flexibility and immaculate recorded sound. The mic has a set of dedicated accessories supplied exclusively with this special version completes this limited edition.
The C414 LTD is a one-inch, large-diaphragm pressure gradient microphone features five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility, three bass roll-off filters, three pre-attenuation settings as well as dual-color LEDs that provide quick visual reference of selected polar pattern and output. The C 414 LTD also includes a transformerless output stage for distortion-free low frequency reproduction and wide dynamic range.
AKG's legendary C 414 has an illustrious history and has been used on thousands of hit records, in hundreds of broadcast studios and has appeared on stage with many celebrity users. The C 414 design first appeared on the C 12A, which was introduced in 1962. In 1971, the first C 414 model appeared featuring solid state electronics and its design and technical features have been updated over the years as technology has advanced. The latest "XL" models have the highest sensitivity, lowest noise, widest dynamic range and most extensive array of features in the model's history.
The C 414 LTD microphone comes in special packaging befitting its status as an instant collector's item including a limited-edition black soundtool case, windscreen, luxury spider suspension, pop filter and certificate of authenticity. Each C 414 LTD is hand-assembled and individually tested to meet stringent performance standards.
Requires phantom power.
- Limited 60 Years Edition
- Large-diaphragm reference recording microphone
- Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
- Two color LEDs provide quick visual indication of selected polar pattern and output overload
- Transformerless output stage for distortion-free low-frequency reproduction
- Handselected components for optimum sonic performance and minimum tolerances
- Includes a limited edition black soundtool case, W 414 LTD windscreen, H 85 luxury spider suspension, PF80 pop filter, and certificate.
Order today and add one of the all-time great microphones to your stable.
- Type: 1-inch large-diaphragm pressure gradient microphone
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa (-33 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 200 /400 /800/1600 Pa = 140 /146 /152 /158 dB (0 /-6 /-12 /-18 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-2): 20 dB (0 dB preattenuation)
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (to DIN 45 412, A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Current consumption: approximately 4.5 mA
- Dynamic range: 134 dB minimum
- Environment: Temperature range: -10 degrees C to +60 degrees C (14 degrees F to 140 degrees F), relative humidity: 95% (+20 degrees C/68 degrees F), 85% (+60 degrees C/140 degrees F)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Finish: nickel/brass
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in. (50 x 38 x 160 mm)
- Net weight: 10.6 oz. (300 g)
- Shipping weight: 4.8 lbs (2.2 kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I used this mic in a school lab classroom with loud air conditioning units and a culinary class next door, to mic my Fender Deluxe amp. However, I did not put this mic against the speaker, but moved it back about five feet, and instead put an ordinary SM-57 on the speaker. I then recorded myself playing Whole Lotta Love, with the volume on 2, (it