- Product 275681
AKG D 3800M Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- Write a Review
The AKG D3800M is a rugged dynamic supercardioid microphone intended for on-stage vocal applications. VariMotion diaphragm has a varying thickness ac...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A quantum leap in vocal performance.
The AKG D3800M is a rugged dynamic supercardioid microphone intended for on-stage vocal applications. VariMotion diaphragm has a varying thickness across its diameter that allows the diaphragm to be tuned to the desired resonance frequency during the molding process, resulting in improved performance. Its polar pattern is uniform with frequency, and response has been tailored at mid and high frequencies to deliver improved vocal clarity.
The microphone capsule is shockmounted using AKG's Double-flex shock mount system and is protected by an easily-removable wire mesh grille. The D3800M also incorporates a humbucking coil to minimize noise from electrical interference. The D 3800M's smooth triangular shape and soft-touch paint finish makes it secure and comfortable to hold. The lightweight body is die-cast zinc alloy and has a black matte finish for minimum reflection and glare. Includes the microphone, a stand adapter and a hardshell road case.
- Dynamic vocal microphone with supercardioid polar pattern
- Hum suppression coil reduces external interference
- Spring steel wire mesh cap with integrated foam screen
- Double diaphragm suspension for significant noise suppression
- VariMotion variable-thickness diaphragm
- Includes stand adapter and hardshell road case
Precision-tuned to bring out the best elements of your voice. Order now!
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- Frequency range: 50Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1,000Hz: 2.5mV/Pa (-52dBV re 1 V/Pa)
- Max. SPL for 1%/3% THD: 147dB SPL/156dB SPL
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB-A (DIN 45412)
- Electrical impedance at 1,000Hz: ‰¤600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: ‰2,000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- 7-1/3" length, 2" diameter
- 10 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This vocal mic is great! I love the quality and the sound it puts out. It comes in an awesome hard shell case. The rest of the band has Shure SM 58's and I didn't care for it so I bought this mic. It blows the SM 58's out of the water! I accidentally dropped it on a concrete floor and it barely did any cosmetic damage, I couldn't believe it. It didn't do any internal damage either. Must be from the rubberized type construction. This mic is definitely worth the money and sounds great!