- Product 482393
AKG Perception 150 Microphone - Buy Two and Save!
- Write a Review
Two AKG Perception 150 microphones that deliver class-leading performance, impeccable consistency and incredible value. Every studio needs good small...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Two small-diaphragm condensers without the mind-numbing price tag.
Two AKG Perception 150 microphones that deliver class-leading performance, impeccable consistency and incredible value. Every studio needs good small-diaphragm mics for use on acoustic guitars and other stringed instruments, and with this package you get two! These mics are great for percussion, drum overheads, or for ensembles. A small diaphragm mic's superior transient response captures all the nuances of these instruments perfectly. The Perception 150 does these jobs very well.
Their response is highlighted by a unique presence rise in the upper frequency range that brings instruments forward in the mix without sounding too bright or strident. Its externally biased "true condenser" capsule delivers remarkable performance consistency even when faced with temperature and humidity changes. Its high sensitivity, low noise and wide dynamic range will accurately capture any source without squashing the sound.
They also have a switchable 10dB pre-attenuation pad to allow use on high SPL sources and to prevent overloading your mic preamp or mixer input. They come with an unbreakable stand clamp and are backed by a two-year parts and labor warranty from AKG. Put them to test on your next session and discover why they are quickly becoming known as the "real deal" in high-value condenser microphones.
- Small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones with externally biased "true" condenser capsule that delivers impressive performance for the money
- Cardioid pickup pattern helps minimize environmental sound and other acoustic sources than what the mic is aimed at
- Switchable 10-dB pre-attenuation pad allows use on high SPL sources and to minimize mixer or mic preamp overload
- High 12 mV sensitivity allows lower gain setting on mixer or mic preamp for lower overall noise
- Full 20 ” 20,000 Hz response and excellent transient response captures all the nuances of your sound
- All-metal chassis, gold-plated Neutrik XLR output connector and well-designed circuitry ensure maximum RF and EMI shielding to allow use around wireless systems, computer equipment, etc without noise
- Backed by a two-year parts and labor warranty from AKG
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I used this mircophone (which I have 2 of) on a $150 Alveraz acoustic guitar and I was very suprised by the results. It was very clean, and all the attacks were strong and clear. It only needed mild EQ adjustment (mostly in the midrange) as the mic picked it all up. Tried using for vocals but it kept overcutting even with the 10db PAD, so Id suggest something else for vocals. Overall, a great buy and I see no need to upgrade for quite some time.