- Product 603216
Alesis ProLinear 720 DSP Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
The Alesis ProLinear 720 DSP sets a new standard in near-field monitors.ÀWith custom DSP technology, Alesis was able to design a speaker with sound q...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Powerful digital EQ options let you fine-tune response to your space and needs.
The Alesis ProLinear 720 DSP sets a new standard in near-field monitors.ÀWith custom DSP technology, Alesis was able to design a speaker with sound quality and accuracy unavailable at anywhere near its price. Clarity, imaging, and transient response are truly outstanding.ÀBass is tight and visceral. Internal processing allows user flexibility to configure the speaker for almost any application via the front panel control or the included graphical PC application software.À
Any great speaker design starts with the best drivers and the Alesis' custom drivers are exceptional. The woofer has a cast frame with a 7" Kevlar cone and oversized magnet assembly.ÀThe Kevlar cone has outstanding stiffness-to-weight ratio to minimize distortion, extend bass response, and provide excellent transient response.ÀThe magnet assembly provides high linearity and good efficiency. In the 720 cabinet, the woofer is flat down to 43hz (-3dB, anechoically) with harmonic distortion typically below .4% above 50hz.
The tweeter is a 28mm silk dome that has a very flat frequency response with a low resonance to reduce harshness. The tweeter is ferro-fluid cooled to provide good power handling and well-behaved response.ÀDistortion is typically below .3% over its operating range. Its computer-designed waveguide was optimized for near-field placement but provides excellent imaging in most other placements.
Both drivers are shielded and allow the user to place the speakers within a few inches of a CRT.
With Alesis' custom DSP (Digital Signal Processing), the crossover for the drivers achieves a linearity usually unachievable in analog monitors. This allows a smooth transition of the sound between the tweeter and woofer as well as providing proper time domain coherency.ÀIn other words, the speaker is as accurate as the drivers.ÀThe DSP also smoothes out the frequency response far more effectively than with analog monitors. The response is typically better than +/- 1dB between 100hz and 20Khz.
The ProLinear 720 Studio Monitor has 4 programmable, user controlled, fully parametric equalizer bands adjust the speaker to a desired response. 16 preset programs (8 factory and 8 predefined user-variable) let you fine tune the speaker to your monitoring needs.
A level adjustment allows the user to calibrate the input level to match other speakers. Pushing a couple of the front panel buttons causes the LCD to dynamically update and show the input level into the speaker. Calibration is easy; simply input a constant test signal (e.g. pink noise, white noise) and adjust the rear panel pot to the desired level.
The internal processing of the ProLinear DSP provides external RS-232 serial ports that allow the user to connect the speaker to a PC or other speaker in a daisy chain (with the included serial cables). Functions that can be controlled through the serial port include setting of the 4 parametric bands, level control and selection of the 16 stored programs. Via a single PC, any number of speakers may be controlled.ÀEach speaker has a channel ID number (from 1 to 16).ÀAny speaker with the same ID will be controlled at the same time. This means that you can have 16 speakers addressed individually, or an unlimited number controlled the same.
The Alesis ProLinear is biamplified with typically 80 watts for the woofer and 40 watts for the tweeter.À(In actuality, the woofer and tweeter are both powered at 80 watts, but because of the higher efficiency and lower power content to the tweeter, only about 40 watts is needed to match the 80 watts to the woofer.) The amplifiers are low-distortion, wide-band devices that are self-protected to prevent damage to the drivers. XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors allowing you to use non-digital mixers and sources. The power supply is a high-efficiency switching supply used to provide optimal power at a low weight, as well as being usable over a wide range of AC voltages without reconfiguring the speaker.
The front panel/display of the speaker allows the user to control all the functions of the speaker if a PC is not available. Multiple speakers can also be controlled from a single speaker.ÀThe LCD provides a readout of all parameters and flashes red to indicate that the speaker is being overdriven.
- Tight, visceral bass
- 7" Kevlar cone and oversized magnet assemblyremains flat down to 43hz (-3dB, anechoically) with harmonic distortion typically below .4% above 50hz
- Ferro-cooled 28mm silk-dome tweeter with very flat frequency response with a low resonance to reduce harshness
- Distortion is typically below .3% over its operating range.
- Both drivers are shielded a
- Custom DSP permits highly linear crossovers
- Response is typically better than +/- 1dB between 100hz and 20Khz.
- 4 programmable, user controlled, fully parametric equalizer bands
- 16 preset programs (8 factory and 8 predefined user-variable)
- Level adjustment calibrates the input level to match other speakers
- LCD dynamically updates and shows the input level
- Simple calibration process
- External serial ports allow user to connect the speaker to a PC or other speaker in a daisy chain (with the included serial cables)
- Via a single PC, any number of speakers may be controlled
- 80W for the woofer
- 40W for the tweeter
- Front panel/display allows control all the functions if PC is not available
- Nominal input level: +4dBu (-15dBFS). Maximum input level: +20dBu (7.0 Vrms)
- Input impedance: 10kΩ
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): ~110dB at 1 meter at max input below clipping.
- Low Frequency (LF) power: 80 watts RMS, ~120 watts peak.
- High Frequency (HF) power: 40 watts RMS typical, ~120 watts peak. Frequency response: 50hz — 20kHz +/- 1.5dB. Bass level -3dB @ 43hz typical,
- Signal To Noise ratio: > 90 dB A-weighted, Analog In to Analog Out,
- Power Requirements:
- Input voltage: 100v — 230v
- Input frequency: 47 — 63 Hz
- Power consumption: 20 W (idle)
- 130 W (typical, at maximum volume)
- Environmental Requirements:
- Temperature range: 0-40 degrees C. Relative humidity (non-condensing): 30-85%.
- Cabling Requirements:
- Mixer to Speaker: Balanced or unbalanced, shielded; XLR or 1/4" TRS connector.
- Speaker to PC: Standard 9-pin, RS-232 serial cable (male-female).
- Speaker to Speaker: Standard 9-pin, RS-232 serial cable (male-female).
- Size (HxWxD): 15" x 9" x 12" (380mm x 230mm x 305mm)
- Weight: 25lbs (11.4kg)