- Product 580878
Alesis ProTrack Recording Kit
- Write a Review
The Alesis ProTrack Recording Kit includes ProTrack handheld recorder for iPod, stereo pair of AM2 condenser microphones, XY-stereo mount, and ProTra...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Lets you capture quality stereo sound to your iPod.
The Alesis ProTrack Recording Kit includes ProTrack handheld recorder for iPod, stereo pair of AM2 condenser microphones, XY-stereo mount, and ProTrack Tripod Stand.
The Alesis Recording Kit enables you to record stereo audio directly to your iPod from a wide variety of sources and in a wide variety of environments. The ProTrack Mobile Recording Kit combines the ProTrack handheld recorder for iPod with a stereo pair of AM2 condenser microphones, and accessories.
The ProTrack provides direct-to-iPod, stereo, digital recording in a portable, handheld form. You can capture live audio anywhere and anytime with your iPod. The ProTrack's design integrates the iPod into the recorder and clear, protective covers securely mount your iPod to the recorder.
You can record detailed, stereo audio using the ProTrack's onboard dual condenser microphones, which are fixed in XY-stereo configuration for reliable stereo imaging. While the onboard microphones are capable of capturing quality sound, the ProTrack Mobile Recording Kit includes a pair of AM2 cardioid-condenser microphones, windscreens, clips, a padded hard case and an XY-stereo mount.
You can place microphones with near-limitless flexibility in stereo-miking techniques and applications. For example, drummers can use the AM2s to capture your drumset; guitarists can capture a stereo image of their acoustic guitar or amplifier, and bands can record their sets live, in stereo. The ProTrack supplies the necessary 48V phantom power to power the AM2 condenser microphones.
AM2 microphones are low profile, miniature cardioid condensers with switchable -10dB attenuation and high-pass filter. With a clean FET amplifier and a transformerless output stage, AM2 microphones offer low-self-noise, high-resolution audio capture. Their small diaphragm condenser capsules offer excellent pickup of the "air" that characterizes high-quality small diaphragm condensers.
AM2 microphones can be used very close to a sound source without the sound becoming harsh. The switchable high-pass filter reduces interferences through subsonic and low frequencies and compensates for proximity effect. The attenuation switch enables the microphone to handle high sound pressure levels without distortion.
ProTrack records to iPod Classic 7th and 6th generation, 5th-generation iPod, 3rd and 2nd-generation iPod nano, and iPod nano-chromatic. Sleds are not included for nano-chromatic and nano 2G. iPod not included.
- Sleek design with clear, protective covers, integrates iPod
- Record to iPod Classic, iPod 5G, and iPod nano 3G
- Stereo 1/8" headphone output
- 48V phantom power for use with external condenser mics
- Records 16-bit, 44.1kHz or 22kHz stereo digital audio
- Switchable limiter ensures overload-free recordings
- AC/DC operation on 4 AAA batteries or AC adapter
- Threaded mounting point for tabletop and floor-stand applications
- Matched stereo pair of microphones
- Excellent clarity, sensitivity, and detail
- Attenuation (pad) switch enables usage in high-SPL settings
- Low frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect in close-miking applications
- Hard, padded mic case and XY-stereo mount included
- iPod not included
- ProTrack handeld recorder for iPod
- Two matched AM2 microphones
- Two mic clips
- Two windscreens
- XY-stereo mount
- Hard, padded case
ProTrack Recording Kit
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure-gradient transducer
- Transducer type: back-electret condenser
- Directional pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 30 — 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -50 &plusn;4 dB @ 1 kHz 90dB = 1V/u bar
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms &plusn;20%
- Signal-to-noise ratio: more than 60 dB
- Supply voltage (DC9V): 52V
- Connector: XLR3M
- Weight: 0.15 Lb. (72g)
- Attenuation (pad): -10dB, switchable
- High-pass filter: -6 dB / Octave @ 200Hz, switchable
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I bought this recorder about 9 months ago. I use it mostly for remote recording and really like that it works with my ipod so I don't have to mess around with transferring files. Last summer at a song camp I hooked it up to a condenser mic draped down from the center of our tent awning. Turned on the recorder and it captured a 1G wav file every hour to my 160G ipod. I could have left the thing running the whole weekend if I wanted. Picked up our songs, banter, stories, etc. Great for quickly getting ideas down.There is a noticeable rotary sound that seems to come from the ipod disk, so I wouldn't use this for any kind of quality recording.Also, it takes a while to find the recordings on the ipod (it didn't say anywhere in the manual). You record to voice memos, the ipod menu does show up until you hook it into the recorder. Then when you unplug the ipod the recordings appear as playlists.Overall, I'm glad I have it, easy to use on the road!