- 630352 000000000 630352000000000
Allen & Heath ZED-420 Mixer
- Write a Review
The Allen & Heath ZED-420 audio mixer with 16 mono inputs, plus 2 dual stereo channels, has a fantastic pedigree: nearly 40 years of making mixing de...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Multipurpose USB mixer for live sound, recording, and production.
The Allen & Heath ZED-420 audio mixer with 16 mono inputs, plus 2 dual stereo channels, has a fantastic pedigree: nearly 40 years of making mixing desks for professional sound engineers. The ZED-420 mixer's audio circuitry is based on years of continual development and refinement. All the elements within the mixer have been perfected to insure the very best sound quality possible.
The ZED series of 4-bus mixer's takes inspiration from other product lines within the A&H range, combining them with fresh new ideas to give stunning results in a neat and easy-to-use package.
The padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier is the new design, first implemented on the ZED-14 and delivers a high-headroom, low-noise signal. The 4-band, 2-sweep EQ, along with the low noise summing amps, is borrowed from the acclaimed GL2400, while the bus architecture is a simplified, but equally comprehensive, version of that employed in the successful GL series.
The USB audio interface, with its uniquely flexible capability, allows different signals to be sent to USB, from LR or from selected aux buses. The USB return signal can be routed straight to the LR mix, or to a stereo channel. Connectors are on top for easy plugging and patching. Construction, with individual circuit boards firmly nutted to the top panel, is as rock-solid as Allen & Heath's top-of-the-range ML Series audio mixers.
Allen & Heath includes the excellent SONAR LE digital audio workstation software for Windows with The ZED-420 mixer. With audio and MIDI multi-track recording and mixing capability, effects plug-ins and editing features, SONAR LE enabes the ZED-420 4-Bus mixer to become a live recording or home recording mixer.
- 16 mono inputs plus 2 dual stereo channels, 4-Bus
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout ” all connections and controls on top surface
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Allen & Heath ZED-420 Mixer:
If you've worked on an A&H GL2400 series board, the ZED-4 series will feel right at home. Same great build quality in a mixer dedicated to the live mixing role. All the features you'd expect of an Allen & Heath board: per-channel phantom power, per-channel pre/post switching of auxes 3 and 4 (so they can be used as monitor or recording mixes), L/R/M masters (the M is independently assignable by channel, making subwoofer or center feeds easy), PFL/AFL with an easy-to-read layout, and a host of other GL-inspired features.Two features I really like are the two-channel matrix and the USB output. If you need a feed from your live board to record to a laptop computer, this is your mixer. First of all, the matrix is a mini-mixer; you can mix any combination of the post-fade signals from L/R, M and each of the four groups. This allows you to boost those backline sources with heavy stage presence, such as drums, without making the live mix too heavy. Then, the USB port allows you to plug virtually any laptop directly into the board (no adapters needed) and record in crisp digital format from either the LR feeds, auxes or matrix.For the more advanced signal tweakers, inserts are available on each channel, aux and main feed to add compression, gating, EQ, and effects as necesary. Direct outs on all 16 mono channels also allow for interfacing with a multitrack recorder or recording mixer.While flexible, the mixer also requires some attention; this isn't your kiddie "set and forget" garage band board. A truly beautiful mix is possible if you know what you're doing, but the inverse is also true.
Comments about Allen & Heath ZED-420 Mixer:
I have used this at my church, its a great mixer but... I like to do computer recording and when I heard they had a new mixer I came into try it out. The only downside other than the price is that you can only get a left and right mixer out. I would have like to have the 4 aux's coming out but thats not going to happen....