- Product 601110
American Audio PXW15P 15" Powered Subwoofer
- Write a Review
Some situations call for a little extra oomph from the lower side of the scale. That's when a PXW 15P subwoofer is a perfect call. This 15" powered s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Big bottom sound from a not-so-big subwoofer.
Some situations call for a little extra oomph from the lower side of the scale. That's when a PXW 15P subwoofer is a perfect call. This 15" powered subwoofer by American Audio gives you a solid lift in the bass area with balanced XLR I/O jacks as well as a high pass XLR ouput. The back panel features LED indicators for limit, signal, protect, and power. The protect indicator will glow when the subwoofer is getting too hot. It then goes into protect mode and stops all output to save your investment.
- 15" Powered subwoofer
- Attached wheels
- Limit Indicator lets you know when built-in limiter is active
- Signal Indicator glows when when there a signal is received to the Full Range input
- Subwoofer gain control knob regulates the output level of the sub-
- woofer and sets balance between the speakers and subwoofers
- Protect Indicator glows when the subwoofer goes into protect mode which prevents the subwoofer amplifiers from getting too hot and stops all output
- Power LED indicates power is on
- Phase switch for reversing polarity of subwoofer
- Full range XLR input
- High Pass XLR output
- Thru full range output
- Built-in pole mount socket
- Built-in carrying handles
- Component: 15" Woofer (4 Ohm)
- Dimensions: 23.7"L x 17.2"W x 23.5"H
- Weight: 88 LbsEnvironmental conditions: Operational temperature: 5 to 35C (41 to 95F)
- Operational humidity: 25 to 85% RH (non-condensation)
- Storage temperature: -20 to 60C (4 to 140F)
- Frequency response: (-3db): 45Hz 120Hz
- Frequency range: (-10db): 35Hz 120Hz
- Maximum SPL at 1m: 126db
- Peak output at 1m: 129db
- Crossover frequency: 120Hz (12db/octave)
- Input type: balanced differential
- Input impedance: 50k
- Input protection: Level protected
- Thermal protection: Input stage muting, auto-reset
- Low-Frequency transducer diameter: 15"
- Voice coil diameter: 4"
- Low-Frequency Power Amplifier: Rated Power 500W continuous, 700W peak
- Rated THD: < 0.03%
Cooling: Passive-Heatsink with speed sensitive electric fan
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I was looking for two an economical subwoofers that would get me through a couple years without falling apart. Once I got the speaker out it was evident that this is not a 1000 dollar sub. With that said, the wheels are heavy duty and will last, and the sound is solid. The specs are nearly identical to that of the mackie 15" powered sub so I selected it on my driverack px preset. The result was that it pinked ok and the sound quality was great. I did notice a slight rattle on the back of one of the speaker if you are close. This is a concern but hopefully its nothing serious. The finish is kind of cheap I dinged it rolling it into my van. I barely hit it on something and it went right into the particle board enclosure. I sharpied it for cosmetics and it is fine. Bottom line - It is an economical way to get the 900 dollar mackie sub sound and save 300 bucks a sub. your sacrifice is the cheaper cabinet and possible longevity. The longevity point is yet to be seen.
I purchased this sub about a year ago. I played some decent sized events and an outdoor festival and it had quite a bit of thump for its size. If you're like me and mobility is important for you add this sub to your toolkit it packs crisp clean punch. I play alot of hip hop and house music so you know how important it is for me that I have a sub that bounces the dance floor. I'm working on getting a second one before they sell out. I know what one can do but two will probably rock the roof all night. If you're on a budget and need an excellent sub get this one. Best of all it comes on wheels so it is easy to set up and tear down. It's worth the money!!!
This sub walks in the mackie subs footsteps but does not have the mackie name. i used a mackie sub and the american audio sub and i cant find a difference in any of them. when i used my friends mackie sub with my bose l1 model 1 for a live show it knocked a jbl eon off the stage. it was funny.