- #H77631 000000000 H77631000000000
American Audio Versadeck MIDI Controller
- Write a Review
The American Audio Versadeck is a 2-channel MIDI controller bundled with Virtual DJ LE software so you can start DJing right out of the box. Versadec...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Ideal for mobile DJs wanting tons of functionality and versatility in an uncomplicated setup.
The American Audio Versadeck is a 2-channel MIDI controller bundled with Virtual DJ LE software so you can start DJing right out of the box. Versadeck includes a built-in 4x4 audio interface, two USB slots for thumb drives or hard drives, two microphone inputs, and XLR balanced outputs.
Versadeck's main functions include 5 onboard effects (Echo, Flange, Filter, Skid, Scratch), an Auto BPM Counter, 3-band EQ with push kills, Key lock, 4 Hot Cue or Loop Buttons, Relay Playback and a wide pitch adjustment of +/-100%.
The large, bright VFD display allows the DJ to see the screen from a wide angle and features 2 lines of text for track name and other Info, and a variety of important screen functions to keep you in the mix.
- 2-channel MIDI controller/media player with 2-channel battle mixer
- Bundled with Virtual DJ 7 LE software
- 2 USB slots for thumb drives or hard drives (FAT formatted hard drives)
- Built-in 4x4 audio interface
- Balanced XLR outputs
- VFD display features time, track name, and number (media player only)
- 3 Crossfader curve adjustments
- USB Media player Fader Start (internal USB fader start only)
- Seamless Loop with editable out point
- 5 onboard FX (Echo, Flange, Filter, Skid, Scratch)
- Auto BPM
- 3-band EQ with kills
- 3 Cross fader curve settings
- 2 Phono/Line inputs
- Booth output
- 4 Hot Cue buttons or Loop banks
- Relay playback
- Folder and Track Search knobs
- Relay mode
- Adjustable Pitch: +/-6%, +/-10% & +/-16%
- Includes American Audio Database Builder to manage music and search your database by title, artist, album, or genre
- 2 mic inputs with tone control and Talkover
The Versadeck lets you DJ right out of the box. Order it now and start thinking up some wicked mixes.
- Multi-voltage: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.5"x11.75"x3.5" / 420mm x 299mm x 89mm
- Weight: 10lb. / 4.4kg
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about American Audio Versadeck MIDI Controller:
This is only a 10bit controller, but for most uses, even seamless mixing, that's enough if you babysit it. 14bit would be better, but are more expensive usually. It's definitely better than 7 or 8 bit controllers and will give you the level of control an Xponent will. The current pitch resolution in internal mode might actually be lower than what it possible with this hardware at a fixed 0.05%.
Sound quality is not great, but above average with pretty good punch, if missing the last level of finesse, resolution, and delicacy. The hiss on the headphone jack is forgivable considering the gain is fixed and its volume control is a digital software-based attenuator.
The firmware has some issues, though.
1) There's no master monitoring in the headphones and no split cue. If there's a way to work these into the software, such as using the meter button for the former, for instance, then the OEM should add this to the software.
2) Audio support in internal USB player mode is limited to MP3 and WAV, even though the display shows symbology for WMA and ACC. My personal choices to prioritize for adding audio format support in the firmware would be OGG/vorbis and FLAC. While one could convert all your lossless compression files to WAV, this format has no tagging and is too difficult to search through. We need higher quality and lossless capability with tagging than MP3 is capable of giving us. Competing Numark units already do this.
3) Stability when playing WAVs, in particular, seems somewhat unstable. I'm not 100% certain why that is and it might have something to do with large hard drives, but the problems do not occur with MP3s from the same storage device. A smaller USB thumb drive with WAVs of known quality seem fairly stable, so it's hard exactly to nail down why that is.
4) The most glaring issue that absolutely needs to be remedied in the firmware, even if nothing else is above addressed: the internal USB mode pitch bend ramp-up, otherwise known as progressive pitch bend, as opposed to velocity-based pitch bend. The amount of bend when rotating the jog on the Versadeck is currently dependent on the length of time you rotate, not how fast you rotate. This is TERRIBLE and needs a fix. At the very least, we need the ability to switch between progressive and velocity-based bending in the settings. But frankly, I have NEVER encountered anyone who found velocity-based as unnatural or detrimental to their mixing. Ever. So it is patently untrue that somehow progressive is more vinyl-like for doing nudges. What it is is a shortcut, allowing the pitch bend code used for the -/+ bend buttons to be directly used on the wheel. Please write a dedicated line of code for the jog wheel and don't be lazy about the firmware coding. It is a single serious anomaly on an otherwise potentially fantastic piece of gear.
The Versadeck (and all the other rebrandings of the OEM product from Akiyama) is a very well made, rock solid piece of kit. It's so close to greatness and usability it hurts. Please, please fix it. Again, this is a firmware/software issue, so not something that requires a recall or hardware modification. Right now 50% of its functionality (the internal no-computer USB player mode) is hampered by these coding choices, and if all youre interested in is a DJ controller, there are far better or cheaper choices.
To the OEM: Improve the firmware. Disseminate it to the brandings. And let us customers get some real use out of this design.
To the brandings: please bug the OEM or pay the NRE fees to make this happen. I promise you profits on this unit will increase many-fold as a result.
Thanks for your time.
Comments about American Audio Versadeck MIDI Controller:
I'm very happy with it. I got what I was expecting.
It has everything you could ask for. Loops, hot cues, effects, 2 mic imputs and many more. I controls VDJ perfectly and you can change fro PC to Flash drive without loosing any time.
It looks solid build, very similar to Denon products.