- Product 240132
Apogee Mini-DAC 2-Channel Analog-to-Digital Converter Without USB
- Write a Review
Following the huge success of Mini-Me, Apogee offers the latest addition to the Mini Series, Mini-DAC. This professional quality, 192kHz D/A converte...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Following the huge success of Mini-Me, Apogee offers the latest addition to the Mini Series, Mini-DAC. This professional quality, 192kHz D/A converter, is the ultimate portable and compact solution for studio playback, reference monitoring, and premium home audio systems.
Professional, portable, affordable
With the venerable AD-1000 in mind, Apogee set out to make a series of next-generation, compact, high-quality converters that both audio professionals and home recording enthusiasts will not want to do without. And although Mini-DAC is built to go and priced to move (it's far less expensive than any Apogee D/A ever), it delivers a feature-rich D/A converter that is unrivaled in the pro studio world.
Precision Reference Monitoring
Are you using a massive mixer just to ride your monitor levels? Or do you have a great A/D but inferior D/A? Then make a little room for Mini-DAC. With comprehensive level control and a high-quality headphone output you can hear exactly what you are committing to while recording. And when it is time to mix down, Mini-DAC provides the optimum stereo image and the most faithful analog reproduction of your carefully recorded digital audio that money can buy.
Ultimate Listening for Audiophiles
Want to hear your music as it was intended? Then Mini-DAC is the way to optimize your home audio system. Connect your premium CD/DVD player to Mini-DAC and then out to your speakers for a superb sonic experience that your discerning ears will appreciate.
IMPORTANT NOTE for OS X Leopard compatibility
To ensure your Apogee product works well with Mac OS X Leopard v10.5, it is critical that you follow the instructions provided at the Apogee website address below.
If you have an existing Apogee software CD or a previously downloaded installer, please do not use it with Leopard. Only use the software and driver versions provided at the link below that are specifically indicated as "Compatible with Leopard."
If you have any questions, please call Apogee support at 310-584-9394.
- Inputs include AES (single & double wide), optical (ADAT, S/MUX & S/PDIF coax)
- Analog Output level control for direct connection of powered monitors
- Low-current, low-voltage--ideal for location/ENG
- 2 x AES-EBU on 9-pin D-type (breakout cable to two female XLR-3 required) handling sample rates: 44.1k-192k single-wide and 88.2 k”192k double-wide
- S/PDIF optical on TOS-LINK 44.1/48k
- S/PDIF coaxial on RCA 44/1-192k
- ADAT 44/1-48k
- ADAT/SMUX II for 88/2/96k
- ADAT/SMUX IV for 176.4/192k
- 2 x XLR (pin 2--hot) for pro-audio stereo
- 1/8" jack for consumer-level stereo (standard 1/8" to RCA cable required) also able to drive headphone
- 1/4" jack headphone
Mini-DAC 2-Channel Analog-to-Digital Converter Without USB
- Output level XLRs: 24dBu max (internally or externally adjustable) Ultra-low impedance, high-current drive-balanced outputs
Output 1/8": +10dBV max (fixed or externally adjustable)
Headphone out: 300mW into 30 ohm
Sample rates: 44.1/48-88.2/96-176/192, all +/- 10%
Max word length: 24-bit
Frequency response: 10-20k +/- 0.2 dB (at 44.1kHz)
THD+N: -107 dB
Dynamic range: 119 dB weighted
Inter channel crosstalk: -125 dB
Power consumption: 5W max.
Power source: 6-14 V DC, international (90-240V) power adapter included