- Product 240376
Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station with Modem and Antenna Port
- Write a Review
AirPort Extreme is the next-generation wireless networking solution from Apple. Based on a new high-speed wireless technology called 802.11g, it enab...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Feel the freedom of wireless net surfing.
AirPort Extreme is the next-generation wireless networking solution from Apple. Based on a new high-speed wireless technology called 802.11g, it enables you to achieve data rates nearly 5 times faster than the original AirPort. AirPort Extreme Base Stations support AirPort-enabled and AirPort Extreme-enabled Mac computers, as well as Windows PCs with Wi-Fi certified 802.11b cards installed.
Apple's AirPort Extreme lets you surf the Internet from almost anywhere in your home or business, and enables schools to provide Internet access to multiple students without installing expensive cabling.
Since AirPort Extreme is based on a new wireless technology called 802.11g, it's a snap to exchange files or play multiplayer games at data transfer rates of up to 54 megabits per second (Mbps). And because AirPort Extreme uses radio waves for communication, it can even work through walls.
This AirPort Extreme Base Station model includes a 56K V.90 modem for dialup connections in addition to a 10/100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet WAN port for Internet access via DSL or cable modems and a 10/100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port for connecting computers and printers. The base station also features a USB printer port, so all the users on your network can easily print wirelessly to a single USB printer. This model also includes an external antenna port for extending your network range. The AirPort Extreme Base Station supports AirPort-enabled and AirPort Extreme-enabled Mac computers, as well as Windows PCs with Wi-Fi certified 802.11b and 802.11g cards installed.
If you want to create your own wireless network in your home or business, just add an AirPort Extreme Base Station and connect it to a phone line, cable modem, or DSL modem or directly to an Ethernet network. AirPort Extreme is compatible with the 11-Mbps 802.11b wireless standard, so any Mac with an AirPort Extreme Card or an AirPort Card installed, as well as Windows PCs with Wi-Fi certified 802.11b cards, can join your wireless network. Using the AirPort Extreme Base Station, up to 50 users can work and play on the Internet simultaneously up to 150 feet away from the base station.
AirPort-enabled computers that join an AirPort Extreme network can achieve a maximum speed of 11 Mbps up to 150 feet from the base station. For higher data rates, you need both the AirPort Extreme Card installed in an AirPort Extreme-ready computer and an AirPort Extreme Base Station. AirPort Extreme provides a range up to 50 feet at up to 54 Mbps and up to 150 feet at up to 11 Mbps for AirPort Extreme-enabled computers.
With this AirPort Extreme Base Station model you can extend the range of your wireless network by adding an Apple-approved omnidirectional or directional external antenna. A software feature allows you to reduce the coverage area of your wireless network to just a single room to help prevent channel overlap and provide extra privacy.
Since antennas are built into all new computers from Apple, all you need to do is add an internal AirPort Extreme Card for each AirPort Extreme-ready system or an internal AirPort Card for each AirPort-ready system that you want to bring onto a wireless network. The AirPort Extreme Base Station also supports USB or Ethernet wireless printer sharing. Just plug a compatible USB or Ethernet printer into your base station, and you can quickly and easily share a single printer with all the users on your network.
The AirPort Extreme Base Station comes equipped with a built-in firewall to help prevent access to sensitive data on your computer and support for Wi-Fi Protected Access(TM) (WPA) or 128-bit WEP encryption to secure over-the-air transmissions. AirPort Extreme is compatible with AOL software, and the base station supports AOL parental controls.
- 50 users supported
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet WAN port
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN port
- Wireless bridging
- USB port
- Internal antenna
- External antenna connector
- 56K V.90 modem
AirPort Extreme Base Station with Modem and Antenna Port
- System Requirements
Administration of the AirPort Extreme Base Station requires an AirPort Extreme-enabled or AirPort-enabled computer with AirPort software version 3.1.1 or later running Mac OS X 10.1.5 (plus networking update) or Mac OS X 10.2.7 or later.
WPA Requires Mac OS 10.3 or later and AirPort software 3.2 or later.
Wireless printing over USB requires Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later.
(1) Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort and AirPort Extreme.
(2) Based on IEEE 802.11g draft specification. Achieving data rates up to 54 Mbps requires that all users have an AirPort Extreme-ready computer with an AirPort Extreme Card installed and are communicating with an AirPort Extreme Base Station. If a user with an AirPort-enabled computer or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b product joins an AirPort Extreme wireless network, that user will get up to 11 Mbps and AirPort Extreme users on the same wireless network will get less than 54 Mbps. AirPort Extreme-enabled computers that connect to an AirPort or other Wi-Fi certified 802.11b network will achieve data rates up to 11 Mbps, the maximum allowed by an 802.11b wireless network. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors.
(3) Wireless printing over USB requires Mac OS X v10.2.73 or later and a compatible printer.
(4) External antenna port available on selected models. For use with Apple-approved antennas only; antennas sold separately.
(5) Initial setup requires an AirPort- or AirPort Extreme-enabled Macintosh computer.
(6) Compatible with AOL 5.0 or later in the U.S. only. Simultaneous sharing of an AOL connection requires multiple AOL accounts