- Product 241707
Apple Final Cut Studio 2 Upgrade
- Write a Review
Take advantage of the newest tools, filters, and time-saving interfaces that have been added to the Apple Final Cut Studio 2 with this easy-to-integr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Upgrade to the latest version of Final Cut and save!
Take advantage of the newest tools, filters, and time-saving interfaces that have been added to the Apple Final Cut Studio 2 with this easy-to-integrate upgrade. What new toys do you get to play with?
Final Cut Pro 6
The latest version of Final Cut Pro features a wide range of format support, allowing you to combine HD and SD, including NTSC and PAL, in real time. It includes a new post-production format, Apple ProRes 422, which doesn't compress or compromise the nature of HD images while keeping them at SD file sizes, and excels at preserving maximum quality for composites and color grading work. Also included is Cinema Tools 4, a streamlined database which is customizable; can include both timecoded and keycoded video in the same list for easier management and exporting; and perform conversions in the background while you edit other material.
The 3 in Motion 3 does stand for the third version of Motion, but it also reflects the fact that it has added 3D compositing to it's real-time design environment. Now, you can position, scale, rotate, color, animate, and more without having to run a RAM preview. Popular Motion features like particles, Replicator, text behaviors, and motion paths have now been extended to be just as easy to use when working with 3D graphics. You get more than 150 GPU-accelerated filters and effects, the ability to smooth out shaky camera movements with SmoothCam, and clear slo-mo, all with time-saving drag-and-drop integration with other facets of the Final Cut Studio family.
Soundtrack Pro 2
Combining the multitrack Timeline and Waveform Editor in a single view, this second generation of Soundtrack Pro is even easier to work with. The automatic audio conform process means you can edit video and not worry about your audio mix being screwed up. From ambient nuances and sound effects to full-orchestral scores and high-energy dialogue, the streamlined interface and professional tools included in this updated version provide you with unmatched video integration. 5.1 surround sound mixing is a cinch with a display brilliantly designed to make it easier to determine at which angles you want your individual sounds to come at the listener, and more than 1,000 surround sound effects and music that you can use, royalty-free.
The new kid on the Final Cut Studio block, this application makes color consistency throughout an entire production effortless with an intuitive task-based workflow. You can automatically track changes made over subsequent frames with complete control, applying any of the more than 35 professional effects and 20 looks, or tweak them to create your own cinema-quality signature look you can save for use in other projects. It's color grading like never before. Best of all, any video layers, effects, titles, or other XML metadata from Final Cut Pro are preserved when you return for finishing and final output. The seamless workflow between the two make this a dynamic duo no editor should be without.
The third incarnation of this application can create format and standard conversions so that no matter which format your final product will be distributed on, from Blu-Ray and HD DVD to iPod and mobile phones, American or international, the quality will remain consistent. It also allows you to change frame rates, convert between progressive and interlaced video, or perform reverse telecine processing, again without effecting the caliber of your original material. The included Qmaster application lets you distribute encoding jobs across a network of Mac systems; instantly configure clusters of available computers; and run rendering jobs for motion graphics, encoding jobs, or both.
DVD Studio Pro 4
Last but not least, DVD Studio Pro 4 is a powerful DVD authoring program that helps you set up your vision for this distribution format. Whether you've put together a full length movie or a show reel, the intuitive design environment means even first-timers will have an easy go at creating even the most sophisticated DVD setups. Use pre-made, drag-and-drop menu designs or develop your own. Build tracks using a standard timeline, with up to nine video angles, eight audio streams, and 32 subtitles streams per track, or spice it up with more interactive fun for your end users, like games and quizzes. You'll also get instant feedback on which elements you've added are working, or put a hitch in your giddyup.
Before you start or finish your next project, pick up this upgrade to Final Cut Studio 2 so you can be sure you'll be getting the most out of every aspect of your creation.
- 6 software powerful software packages in one:
- Final Cut Pro 6
- Motion 3
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- Compressor 3
- DVD Studio Pro 4
- Also included:
- Cinema Tools 4, LiveType 2, LiveFonts, and Apple Qmaster
Final Cut Studio 2 Upgrade
- Mac with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
- 1GB of RAM
- An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
- A display with 1024x768 resolution or higher
- Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
- QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
- DVD drive
- Mac Pro with an Intel Xeon processor or a G5 Quad computer and a qualified third-party capture card for capturing HD resolution video using the ProRes 422 format.
- Mac Pro with an Intel Xeon processor for AVCHD support.
- DVD-based AVCHD camcorders are not supported in Mac OS X v10.4 or earlier.
- The standard graphics card in any Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac with Intel Core Duo, Power Mac G5, or iMac G5; 1.25GHz or faster PowerBook G4; or 1.25GHz or faster flat-panel iMac: ATI Radeon 9800, 9700 Pro, 9600 XT, or 9600 Pro; ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 or 9600; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, 7300 GT, 6600, 6600 LE, FX Go5200, or FX 5200 Ultra
- For 16- and 32-bit rendering: a graphics card with at least 128MB of VRAM
- The standard graphics card in any Mac Pro, 17-inch MacBook Pro, 24-inch iMac with Intel Core Duo, or 2.5GHz or faster Power Mac G5 Quad: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600; ATI Radeon X1600; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 7600 GT, 7300 GT, 6600, or Quadro FX 4500; 1680 x 1050 resolution or higher display; a three-button mouse for full functionality
- For playback of DVD Studio Pro 4-authored HD DVDs: a Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G5 or Intel Core Duo processor
- For writing finished projects to disc: an Apple SuperDrive or other DVD recorder
- For writing finished projects to a double-layer disc: a double-layer-compatible recorder and double-layer media
- For transporting HD projects to a replicator: an external drive or Internet transfer of the project's disk image
- For transporting SD projects that contain copy-protection or dual-layer features to a replicator: a DLT drive, external drive, or Internet transfer of the project's disk image
- For 5.1 surround monitoring of multichannel audio content: an audio interface with a minimum of 6 outputs
- For multitrack recording: an audio interface with multiple inputs
- 2GB of RAM when working with compressed HD and uncompressed SD sources
- 4GB of RAM when working with uncompressed HD sources
- One of the following graphics cards is highly recommended:
- ATI Radeon X1900 XT, X850 XT, X800 XT, or X1600; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 6800 Ultra DDL, 6800 GT DDL, or Quadro FX 4500
- For 32-bit rendering: a graphics card with 256MB of VRAM or more
- The following graphics card is highly recommended:
- ATI Radeon X1900 XT
- Dual displays with 1920x1200 or higher resolution
- 4GB of disk space required to install all applications (Final Cut Pro 6, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Soundtrack Pro 2, Motion 3, Cinema Tools, LiveType, Compressor 3, and Apple Qmaster)
- Additional 55GB required to install all optional templates, content, and tutorials (may be installed on separate disks):
- 9GB for DVD Studio Pro content
- 8GB for Motion templates and tutorial media
- 24GB for Soundtrack Pro audio content
- 12GB for LiveFonts and LiveType animated elements and templates