- Product 240337
Apple iPod Video 80GB
- Write a Review
Now that you can buy movies from the iTunes Store and sync them to your iPod, the whole world is your theater. With an 80GB iPod in hand, those movie...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The ideal companion for any music and video junkie.
Now that you can buy movies from the iTunes Store and sync them to your iPod, the whole world is your theater. With an 80GB iPod in hand, those movies fit comfortably next to TV shows, new iPod games, podcasts, audiobooks, photo albums, and, of course, an entire library of music ” up to 20,000 songs, in fact.
Watch this space
How much can your pocket hold? That's up to you and your iPod. It holds up to 20,000 songs, up to 25,000 photos, and up to 100 hours of video ” or any combination of each.(1) So you can browse movies on the iTunes Store, download the ones you want, then sync it to your iPod. Same goes for TV episodes, new iPod games, 99¢ songs, best-selling audiobooks, and an entire universe of free podcasts. Go ahead. Fill 'er up.
From cases to car kits, customize your iPod with accessories made especially for it. Pick up an iPod Universal Dock for more convenient syncing. Add an iPod Hi-Fi for room-filling sound. Sync photos on the go with an iPod Camera Connector. Attach a voice recorder to take audio notes.
Play all day
With all that music at your fingertips, you may never want to stop listening. Lucky thing your iPod plays audio for up to 20 hours. Or, if you'd rather watch, you can feast your eyes on movies and TV shows for up to six-and-a-half hours.
It might be a miracle. Otherwise, it's hard to explain exactly how an 80GB iPod can be the same size as the 60GB model before it. However it happened, it means you can carry your entire music collection ” plus a nice selection of video ” absolutely everywhere you go. And a 60% brighter, more vibrant display gives your album art, photos, and video extra oomph.
Search and enjoy
Finding what you want to hear among 20,000 songs could be quite a chore ” unless you have an iPod. A new interface lets you search your iPod using the patented Click Wheel. And if you're a fan of live albums, classical works, or anything that sounds best when it's continuous, iPod supports gapless playback that seamlessly transitions from one song to another.
(1) Song capacity based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content. Photo capacity based on iPod-viewable photos transferred from iTunes. Video capacity based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio; actual capacity varies by content.
- Finding and playing music on iPod is simple. Use the Click Wheel to adjust volume, navigate songs, or browse the Music menu by artist, composer, album, song, genre, or playlist. Want to mix things up? Click Shuffle Songs. iPod makes your music look as good as it sounds, thanks to its big, bright color display. Album art appears alongside your songs in the Now Playing screen, so you see your music as you play it. After all, iPod loves music as much as you do.
- Now you can watch a movie while waiting in line for tickets to one. Download movies from the iTunes Store, then sync them to your iPod to watch anywhere, anytime. The iPod's gorgeous display ” now 60% brighter ” makes your movies pop. And thanks to improved video playback time, iPod keeps you entertained for up to 6.5 hours ” even longer if you reduce brightness using the new brightness control.
- TV Shows
- There's always something good on iPod. Browse thousands of episodes of your favorite TV shows on the iTunes Store, buy them for just $1.99 each, then sync them to your iPod. Watch last night's episodes this morning, or buy a whole TV series and play a pocket-size marathon. All your TV episodes display in order, so you can navigate them easily. Every episode you buy from iTunes is optimized to look great on the iPod's crystal-clear, 320-by-240-pixel display.
- The iTunes Store features thousands of free podcasts ” radio-type shows you subscribe to ” including indie favorites and offerings from such big names as ABC News, Comedy Central, ESPN, PBS, NPR, and many more. Browse and subscribe to podcasts, then sync them to your iPod and listen anytime. Even video podcasts sync to go. And all your podcasts appear in their own menu on your iPod, so you can navigate them easily.
- The digital shelves of the iTunes Store are stocked with thousands of audiobooks, including such exclusives as the entire Harry Potter series. Download what you want, sync to your iPod, and catch up on your reading. Browse audiobooks in their own menu on your iPod. iPod automatically recognizes where you left off reading and bookmarks your place. You can even change the reading speed to suit you ” perfect for, say, learning a new language.
- Now that the iTunes Store features iPod games, you can keep hours of fun at your fingertips. Download brand-new and classic games ” including Bejeweled, Texas Hold 'Em, Vortex, Mahjong, Mini Golf, PAC-MAN, Tetris, and Zuma ” for just $4.99 each, then sync them to your iPod and play along with your music. All iPod games from the iTunes Store are designed specifically for the fifth-generation iPod. And all of them look great on its 2.5-inch color display.
- iPod holds up to 25,000 photos you can sync from your Mac or Windows PC via iTunes. Use the Click Wheel to scroll through photo thumbnails the same way you scroll through song titles. To see a photo full-screen, click the center button. You can even view photo slideshows ” complete with music ” on iPod or on a TV via the optional iPod AV Cable. Select Slideshow Settings, choose the transition effect and the music, then start the show.
- Calendars, contacts, and the World Clock appear in the Extras menu, along with a few more handy items. Take the Screen Lock, for example. Spin the Click Wheel to choose a four-digit combination and protect your iPod from prying eyes. If you forget your combination, you can reset it at your next sync. Or use the built-in Stopwatch to log your best times. When it's finally time to play, the Extras menu lists all your games, including the ones you buy from the iTunes Store.
- With up to 20,000 songs on your iPod, you need an easy way to search and enjoy your collection. A brand-new, built-in search function lets you use the Click Wheel to type out the name of the song, artist, album, audiobook, or podcast you're looking for, and your iPod returns results instantly as you select letters.
- Customize menus, check capacity, change your language, change how your iPod sounds, and more, all from the Settings menu. Click About to see how many songs are on your iPod and how much room you have left. Click Main Menu to select what items appear in your Main Menu. Tweak the built-in equalizer. Or set a maximum volume limit. Everything you need to personalize your iPod ” from the backlight timer to clicker sound effects ” appears in Settings.
iPod Video 80GB
- Size and weight:
Height: 4.1 inches
Width: 2.4 inches
Depth: 0.55 inch
Weight: 5.5 ounces
In the box
USB 2.0 cable
Dock adapter for use with Universal Dock
Quick Start guide
80GB Hard Drive
Holds up to 20,000 in 128-Kbps AAC format
Holds up to 25,000 iPod-viewable photos
Holds up to 100 hours of video
Stores data via USB hard drive
2.5-inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective, over 65,000-color liquid crystal display with white LED backlight
320 by 240 pixel resolution, .156-mm dot pitch
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
User-configurable maximum volume limit
Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
Impedance: 32 ohms
Mac system requirements
Macintosh computer with USB 2.0 port
Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
iTunes 7 or later
Windows system requirements
PC with USB 2.0
Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
iTunes 7 or later
Input and output
3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
iPod Universal Dock:
Audio and composite video output
Power and battery
Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
Music playback time: Up to 20 hours when fully charged
Photo slideshow with music viewing time: Up to 6 hours when fully charged
Video playback time: Up to 6.5 hours when fully charged
Charging via USB or FireWire to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
Fast-charge time: about 2 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
Full-charge time: about 4 hours