- Product 241853
Apple MAC PRO 2.8 8CX/2X1G/320/2600XT/SD-USA
- Write a Review
The Apple Mac Pro is a computer packed with lots of power, software, and performance. But it's designed to take on even more. The Mac Pro computer's ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
More power for more tracks and more plug-ins than ever before!
The Apple Mac Pro is a computer packed with lots of power, software, and performance. But it's designed to take on even more. The Mac Pro computer's smart design makes installing massive amounts of memory, adding expansion cards, and increasing storage surprisingly simple and intuitive. Plus, there are plenty of I/O ports to connect more external devices to give you a complete arsenal all in one tower computer.
The Mac Pro features four full-length expansion slots, including an even higher-performance PCI Express 2.0 graphics slot, with up to twice the bandwidth of PCI Express. The graphics slot is double-wide, so your graphics card won't cover an adjacent slot. In addition, three available expansion slots, one PCI Express 2.0 and two PCI Express, provide room to grow. Thanks to a tool-less PCI bracket, you can take out cards as fast as you put them in.
It also comes with four 3.5-inch internal hard drive bays for an enormous amount of internal storage -- up to 4TB. These bays are direct-attach and cable free, so it's easy to add or remove drives to meet your needs. Just attach the drive carrier to either a Serial ATA 3Gb/s or Serial Attached SCSI 3Gb/s drive, and slide the drive into place. There are no connectors or cables to contend with. Lock the drives with the side door latch, and you're done. It's that simple!
When you're ready to install more memory, it's also a snap, literally. There are two memory riser cards with four fully buffered DIMM slots each, and all you have to do is just slide out the riser cards and snap in the memory. You don't have to dig around inside the computer or wrestle with wires or cables. With a total of eight DIMM slots available, you can install up to 32GB of 800MHz ECC fully buffered DIMM memory.
There are also plenty of places to connect external devices to your Mac Pro. On the front, where it's more convenient to connect storage, multimedia devices and peripherals, you'll find a FireWire 800 port, a FireWire 400 port, two USB 2.0 ports, and a headphone minijack right up front - where it's more convenient to connect storage, multimedia devices, and high-speed peripherals. And there are even more ports on the back: three USB 2.0, one FireWire 800, one FireWire 400, optical audio in and out, analog in and out, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Eight-core processing power was once only for top-of-the-line machines. With the Mac Pro it's the standard. The Intel inside is Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Harpertown" processors that run at blazingly fast speeds up to 3.2GHz. Every Intel Xeon processor features an enhanced SSE4 SIMD engine. Capable of completing 128-bit vector computations in a single cycle, SSE4 is ideal for transforming large sets of data, such as applying a filter to an image or rendering a video effect. Based on the new 45-nm Intel Core microarchitecture, they deliver amazing performance but still maintain outstanding energy efficiency. Performance is more phenomenal than ever -- up to two times faster than the previous standard-configuration Mac Pro. A huge amount of L2 cache -- 12MB per processor -- keeps frequently used data and instructions close to the processor cores and improves overall performance. 6MB of cache is shared between pairs of processor cores, allowing an individual core to use all the available shared cache at any one time. All this and you'll get the multicore technology enhancements of Mac OS X Leopard too.
- Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors
- 2GB (two 1GB) of 800MHz DDR2 ECC fully buffered DIMM
- 320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7200 rpm, 8MB cache hard drive
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports) PCI graphics card
- Four 3.5-inch cable-free, direct-attach hard drive bays with built-in independent 3Gb/s Serial ATA channels; four internal hard drive carriers included for expansion
- Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
- Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) up to 3Mb/s
- Optional 802.11n AirPort Extreme wireless networking
- Optional external Apple USB Modem (RJ-11)
- Optical disk drive
- 16x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R and DVD-R discs at up to 16x speed
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 16x speed
- Writes CD-R and CD-RW discs at up to 32x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 32x speed
- Peripherals and audio
- 2 FireWire 800 ports (one on front panel, one on back panel)
- 2 FireWire 400 ports (one on front panel, one on back panel)
- 5 USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
- 2 USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Front-panel headphone minijack and speaker
- Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
- Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife '08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand)
- Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse
- DVI-to-VGA adapter
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
MAC PRO 2.8 8CX/2X1G/320/2600XT/SD-USA
- Dimensions: 8.1"W x 20.1"H x 18.7"D
Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Electrical and environmental requirements
Line voltage: 100-120V AC or 200-240V AC (wide-range power supply input voltage)
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz single phase
Current: Maximum of 12A (low-voltage range) or 6A (high-voltage range)
Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F (10 to 35 C)
Storage temperature: -40 to 116 F (-40 to 47 C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
PCI Express expansion
3 open full-length PCI Express expansion slots: 1 PCI Express 2.0 x 16 slot, 2 PCI Express x 4 slots
All slots provide mechanical support for 16-lane cards
300W combined maximum for all PCI Express slots