- Product 581819
ART USB Dual Pre
- Write a Review
The USB Dual Pre is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A full-featured high quality dual portable preamplifier and computer interface packed into a compact rugged case.
The USB Dual Pre is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48 dB of clean gain with signal present and clip LED indicators. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The USB Dual Pre can be externally powered from the mains via a supplied 12 Volt DC adapter, or from an internal 9 Volt battery, or from the USB bus itself, or any combination of these power sources. When running off of the battery alone, you should get in excess of 50 hours of operation when phantom power is off. Battery life drops to around 20 hours (depending on microphone) when phantom powering from the battery alone (still enough time to get through a session).
The built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply allows you to power up to 2 microphones as well as the preamplifier when running from any power sources including the USB bus.
For monitoring, an 1/8-inch TRS mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls on the rear allow for latency free local monitoring of the inputs while recording as well as playback monitoring of the USB bus. The monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4-inch TRS balanced outputs. This lets you use the 1/4-inch outputs as either preamplifier outputs or as the monitor feed to your powered monitors.
The USB interface is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for record. It will work with the USB audio device drivers built into Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support. No special drivers are needed.
The compact black anodized all aluminum case with rubber sides make for a rugged design. The USB Dual Pre will provide years of trouble free service and its high quality audio channels and versatile powering options make the USB Dual Pre the obvious choice in a wide variety of applications from Podcasting/Broadcasting to Tracking and Monitoring.
With the USB Dual Pre, your laptop, and a pair of quality condenser microphones you can do some serious remote recording.
- USB Connectivity to Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Low Noise Fully Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS Combi Inputs
- Up to 48 dB of Clean Gain
- Built-in Low Noise Phantom Power Supply
- Latency Free Monitoring Mix and Level Controls
- Independent Channel Gain Controls
- 1/4-inch TRS Balanced Monitor and 1/8-inch Headphone Monitor Outputs
- Compact, Stackable all Aluminum Chassis
- Flexible 3-way Power from USB, External Supply, or 9 Volt Battery
Get connected wherever you play!
- Signal To Noise Ratio: greater than 90 dB (Ref 0 dBu)
- Frequency Bands: 20 Hz - 20K Hz (+0, -1 dB)
- Maximum Gain: +48 dB (balanced in-out)
- Input Impedance: Greater than 300K Ohms 1/4-inch, 4K Ohms XLR
- Maximum Output Level: +6 dBu in, +10 dBu out (balanced), +4 dBu out
- Input Connectors: XLR / 1/4-inch TRS Combi jack balanced/unbalanced
- Output Connectors: 1/4-inch TRS, 1/8-inch TRS headphone
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 1K Hz
- Phantom Power: Selectable +48 Volts DC
- Power: 7.5-12V DC @ 150mA, USB bus or 9V Battery
- Construction: Aluminum black anodized with rubber sides
- Dimensions: (H x W x D inches/mm) 1.75 x 4.6 x 4.7 / 44.5 x 117 x 119
- Weight: 1.3 lb. / 0.59 kg