- #740014 000901000 740014000901000
Audio-Technica ATW-T220a 2000 Series Handheld Dyn Mic/Trnsmttr
- Write a Review
The ATW-T220 cardioid dynamic wireless handheld transmitter incorporates the PRO 41 dynamic element created for professional live sound venues. The e...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Solid handheld transmitter with 10 compatible user-switchable channels in one of two UHF frequency ranges.
The ATW-T220 cardioid dynamic wireless handheld transmitter incorporates the PRO 41 dynamic element created for professional live sound venues. The element includes internal shockmounts for low-handling noise. An integral two-stage pop filter within the steel headcase protects against "p" pops and other breath plosives. The transmitter includes an adjustable gain control to tailor the input to the sound source. An integrated two-position power/mute switch eliminates the need for a separate mute button. An RF power select switch offers high and low settings. The transmitter operates on two standard AA batteries and a battery condition indicator illuminates when the batteries are good. An internal channel selector allows the transmitter to operate on any one of ten channels. The transmitter is constructed of high-impact materials and includes a heavy-duty microphone stand clamp.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Rugged high impact housing with integral antenna
- 10 compatible user-switchable channels in one of two UHF frequency ranges High-quality, dynamic cardioid microphone element with integral shockmounts for low handling noise
- Two-stage pop filter to protect against "p" pops
- Switchable transmitter power output with high and low
- settings offered
- Integrated two-position power/mute switch
- Straightforward internal channel selector with included tool
- Digital Tone Lock to identify the wireless transmitter to
- the receiver
- Operates on two AA batteries
- Battery condition indicator
- Supplied with a heavy-duty microphone stand clamp
- RF power output:
- High: 30 mW, Low: 10 mW, (switchable)
- Spurious emissions: Following federal and national regulations
- Microphone element: Dynamic, cardioid
- Batteries: Two 1.5V AA (not included)
- Battery life: High: 7 hours (alkaline), Low: 9 hours (alkaline), Depending on battery type and use pattern
- Dimensions: 232.0mm (9.13") long, 48.0mm (1.89") diameter
- Net weight: 252g (8.9oz), without batteries
- Accessory included: AT8456a Quiet-Flex stand clamp
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Audio-Technica ATW-T220a 2000 Series Handheld Dyn Mic/Trnsmttr:
I highly recommend the ATW-T220a if you're looking for a hand-held wireless mic. It does exactly what it's supposed to, at a reasonable price. Before buying this mic I didn't find a lot of product reviews, but the one I found was favorable. I took the chance as I already had a compatable ATW receiver and I'm very glad I did. Now I have one more valuable tool in my tool box to use when the need arrises at special gigs. Or anytime. If it ever walks out the door at a gig, I would buy another right away.
The ATW-T220a works GREAT! I already had a couple 2000 Series receivers for my guitars, but needed a good wireless hand-held mic to use on occasion so gave the T220a a try. It appears well built, and sounds fantastic. Works perfectly with my 2000 Series receivers, but had to make sure to order a mic that operates in channel "D" freq's since my receivers are the older model. Batteries were easy to install, and inner workings are pretty straight forward. The on and off switch on the mic bottom is easy to get to, and clicks on and off without a "pop". I bought my ATW-T220a by itself without a receiver (since I already had one), it came without a manual to explain how to set it up, fortunately I had a manual for my old receivers that included a section on the T220 explaining how it works. Not a problem, I'm sure a manual could be easily found on-line if necessary. Or better yet, buy a receiver and T220a together. Problem solved.
The ATW-T220a has a good feel and weight, but not too heavy. Seems well built, sturdy. Works great for special gigs (weddings, reunions) when a pass-around mic is handy. Not to mention its rich, warm, clear sound. I haven't used it as my main mic at a gig yet, but it sounds so good I know it would work fine for that too. Audio-Technica did a good job with this mic.
The ATW-T220a was an expecially good value for me as I already had the receiver. But honestly, the price for the complete package is very reasonable too. Especially when you hear how good it sounds. And with a windscreen on, it looks like a much more expensive hand-held mic and sounds just as good.