- Write a Review
Lightweight and unobtrusive, with natural voice reproduction.
With its ergonomically molded earpiece and unobtrusive one-inch boom, Audio-Technica's BP893 MicroEarset offers inconspicuous placement along with clear, natural vocal pickup. Its lightweight low-profile design makes the microphone ideal for use in theatrical performances, houses of worship and broadcast studios.
The BP893 MicroEarset is positioned unobtrusively over the ear. Its omnidirectional miniature condenser capsule offers outstanding pickup tailored for natural vocal reproduction, with audio reproduction similar to that of a high-quality lavalier microphone. The microphone is also ideal for use in violin pickup; wear the BP893 over the ear as usual, with no need for clamps on the violin.
Includes AT8440 cable clip, two AT8157 windscreens, two AT8156 element covers, a moisture guard, AT8539 power module, and a style m31 carrying case.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Outstanding clarity and intelligibility
- Lightweight, ergonomic design
- Extremely unobtrusive, 1-inch flexible boom
- Secure over-the-ear placement
- Extended frequency response for natural vocal reproduction
- Locking 4-pin microphone output connector compatible with included power module and all Audio-Technica UniPak body-pack wireless transmitters
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Available in black (BP893) and beige (BP893-TH), wired and wireless models
Get the mobility and sound quality you need.
- Element: fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave (wired only)
- Open circuit sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mv) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 245 ohms (wired only)
- Maximum input sound level: 114 dB dB dB spl, 1 kHz at 3% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical): 88 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (wired only)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical (wired only)
- Switch: flat, roll-off (wired only)
- Current consumption 0.1 mA typical at 5V (wireless only)
- Voltage range 2.5-11V (wireless only)
- Weight (microphone): microphone, boom & earpiece: 2.0 g (0.07 oz)
- Weight (power module) 85 g (3.0 oz) (wired only)
- microphone: 8.1 mm (0.32") long 2.6 mm (0.10") diameter
- boom: 26.4 mm (1.04") long, 1.07 mm (0.04")
- Diameter dimensions (power module) 97.6 mm (3.84") long, 18.9 mm (0.74") diameter (wired only)
- Output connector (power module) integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 1.4 m (55") long (permanently attached to microphone), 1.6 mm (0.06") diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable with locking 4-pin connector (wired and cW versions)
- Accessories furnished: AT8539 power module (wired only), AT8440 cable clip, two AT8157 windscreens, two AT8156 element covers, a moisture guard, belt clip, and a style m31 carrying case.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.