- #485624 000912000 485624000912000
Audio-Technica BP896C MicroPoint Lavalier Microphone
AT Unipak Beige
- Write a Review
The Audio-Technica BP896 is a subminiature clip-on/lavalier condenser microphone with an omnidirectional polar pattern. It is designed to provide int...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A lavaliere condenser mic with omnidirectional
polar pattern to give you clear, natural audio.
The Audio-Technica BP896 is a subminiature clip-on/lavalier condenser microphone with an omnidirectional polar pattern. It is designed to provide intelligible, natural audio for stage/television talent, lecturers, and houses of worship. The Audio-Technica MicroPoint lavalier mic is intended to be worn on the clothing or hidden in props for excellent, yet unobtrusive sound pickup. The wide-range capability of this Audio-Technica microphone ensures clean, accurate reproduction with high intelligibility for speakers, presenters, and other performers. Its small size makes this lavalier condenser mic ideal for use in applications where minimum visibility is required.
The Audio-Technica MicroPoint BP896 microphone requires 11V to 52V phantom power for operation. It includes a 1.4m (55") permanently attached miniature cable. Its free end connects to the provided AT8539 power module via a locking 4-pin connector. The connector is also compatible with all Audio-Technica UniPak body-pack wireless transmitters. The output of the power module is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector. A recessed switch in the power module permits choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80Hz high-pass UniSteep filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The Audio-Technica MicroPoint BP896 comes equipped with a power module, a clothing clip base, a viper clip base, three single mic holders, two double mic holders, two windscreens and six element covers (two each in black, white and beige) for blending in with your attire. A belt clip and a protective carrying microphone case is also included.
The Audio-Technica MicroPoint lavalier mic comes in beige or black with a choice of the following:
Unterminated: 55" (1.4m) unterminated cable
Lemo/M180 connector: 55" (1.4m) cable terminated for Sennheiser wireless systems using Lemo connector
3.5 mm connector: 55" (1.4m) cable terminated for Sennheiser wireless systems using locking 3.5mm connector
TA4F connector: 55" (1.4m) cable terminated with TA4F connector for Shure wireless systems
TA5F connector: 55" (1.4m) cable terminated with TA5F connector for ATW-U101 and Lectrosonics wireless systems
HRS connector: 55" (1.4m) cable terminated with locking 4-pin connector for A-T UniPak wireless systems
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Inconspicuous, lightweight capsule
- Extremely intelligible natural audio
- Handles high sound pressure levels with ease
- Rugged built for long-lasting performance
- High-pass UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- Includes generous accessory kit & protective mic case
- RoHS compliant”free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80Hz, 18dB/octave (wired only)
- Open circuit sensitivity: -49dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum input sound level: 135dB SPL, 1kHz at 3% T.H.D.
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 63dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical (wired only)
- Current Consumption: 0.1 mA typical at 5V (wireless only)
- Voltage Range: 2.5-11V (wireless only)
- Microphone, boom & earpiece - 2.6g/0.09oz
- Microphone: 8.1mm (0.32") long, 2.6mm (0.10") diameter
- Boom: 98.4mm (3.87") long, 1.07mm (0.04") diameter
- Power module (wired only): 97.6mm (3.84") long, 18.9mm (0.74") diameter
- Cable: 1.4m (55") long (permanently attached to microphone), 1.6mm (0.06") diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable with locking
- Audio-Technica case style: M39
- Accessories furnished:
- two AT8157 windscreens; six element covers
- (2 white, 2 beige, 2 black); viper clip
- base; clothing clip base; 3 black single
- mic holders; 2 black double mic holders; carrying case
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.