- 275128 000000000 275128000000000
Audio-Technica U851A UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
- Write a Review
Offering outstanding Audio-Technica sound for surface-mount applications, the U851A UniPoint Boundary Microphone features a PivotPoint rotating outpu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Accepts optional elements.
Offering outstanding Audio-Technica sound for surface-mount applications, the U851A UniPoint Boundary Microphone features a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. This battery or phantom powered condenser microphone accepts interchangeable condenser elements--available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. Its heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone. With superior off-axis rejection and maximum gain-before-feedback, this professional flat microphone sets audio-quality standards in challenging acoustic environments.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rearor the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
U851A UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional in hemisphere above mounting surface
Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom ”39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa; Battery ”40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
Impedance: Phantom 200 ohms; Battery 270
Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; Battery 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
Dynamic Range (Typical): Phantom 111 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL; Battery 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
Optional Interchangeable Elements: UE-H hypercardioid (100); UE-O omnidirectional (360)
Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.