- Product 275131
Audio-Technica U853A UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone
- Write a Review
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech,...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
A mic that gets tough jobs done right in recording and sound reinforcement.
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording. The microphone's fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact--rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853A accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine line cardioid polar patterns. The battery or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90 to 360
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom ”42 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa; Battery ”43 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom 200 ohms; Battery 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; Battery 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Phantom 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL; Battery 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/ Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Weight (microphone): 0.5 oz (14 g)
- Weight (Power Module): 4.9 oz. (139 g)
- Dimensions (Microphone): 1.34"diameter x 0.48 height, (12.2 mm diameter)
- Dimensions Power Module (H x W x D): 3.31" x 2.48" x 0.87", (84.0 mm x 63.0 mm x 22.0 mm)
- Output Connector (power module): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Optional interchangeable elements: UE-H hypercardioid (100);
- UE-O omnidirectional (360); UE-UL UniLine (90)
- Cable: 25' (7.6 m) long, permanently attached 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories Furnished: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8531 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter; battery
- Audio Technica: M12