- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Avid Pro Tools 12 Institutional (Activation Card)
- Write a Review
- Product J08545
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This version is priced at a considerable discount for eligible educational institutions, you must provide proof of eligibility to register this produ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional features of Pro Tools 12, priced at a discount for students and teachers.
This version is priced at a considerable discount for eligible educational institutions, you must provide proof of eligibility to register this product.
Pro Tools is the industry's first choice for composing, recording, editing and mixing pro audio for music, film and TV. With Pro Tools 12 comes the highly anticipated Cloud Collaboration feature where you can connect and collaborate with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers—anywhere in the world—as if you’re all working together in the same studio. Also coming soon is the introduction of the Avid Marketplace where you will be able to share, promote, license, and sell your music and audio work to a large community of audio, film, TV, broadcast, and other media professionals. Pro Tools 12 continues Avid's tradition of infinite possibilites.
Go Bigger with Advanced Features (added in 12.1)
Rehearse and record more easily with track input monitoring. Dial in cue mixes in a snap by copying fader settings to sends. Create bigger mixes with support for up to 128 simultaneous audio tracks. Expand your musical creativity further with support for up to 512 instrument tracks. Solo tracks in PFL (pre-fader listen) or AFL (after-fader listen) mode for optimal recording.
Take Control of Your Session with an iPad
With support for Avid's free new Pro Tools | Control iOS app, you can wirelessly control Pro Tools and other EUCON-enabled audio and video software, freeing you from being tethered to your workstation. Because Pro Tools tightly integrates with the app, you can record and mix faster and easier than working with a mouse and keyboard alone.
Collaborate in the Cloud—coming soon
Imagine being able to work on a session with friends, bandmates, and colleagues—no matter where they are, anywhere in the world. Or having access to an online community where you can make new connections to work with top artists, musicians, producers, engineers, and other media professionals.
That’s what’s coming with Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools, a groundbreaking new set of features that will enable you to compose, record, edit, and mix sessions collaboratively with other Pro Tools users as if you’re all working together in the same studio. Simply invite any of your available connections to collaborate using built-in chat, or find new collaborators through the online Artist Community in the Avid Marketplace.
With the new collaboration features, you’ll be able to:
♦ Post sessions to your own cloud storage space and invite others to collaborate
♦ Work on the same session at the same time or create offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools
♦ Share audio and MIDI tracks, edits, mix changes, automation, and more
♦ Keep track of all contributors and version changes with automatic and fully customizable metadata tagging
♦ Communicate with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools
Connect in the Avid Marketplace—coming soon
Be heard on a global stage and gain the exposure you need to promote and sell your work. With the upcoming Avid Marketplace, you’ll be able to publish session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
Unlike social music sites that simply allow you to share and promote your music, the online Artist Community part of the Avid Marketplace is designed to help you forge more meaningful connections with the audio community, enabling you to connect with other media professionals to share, collaborate, promote, and sell your work in the Content Marketplace—publicly or privately. This puts the power in your hands, enabling you to make connections and create new opportunities.
In the Avid Marketplace, you’ll be able to…
♦ Publish session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for licensing in the public Avid Marketplace
♦ Gain exposure and opportunities to make money by connecting with media professionals in music, film, television, and broadcast looking to license music and sound assets
♦ Quickly find professional-quality content in the style and formats you need, as all files will contain rich, searchable metadata—whether you want a bounced-down stereo mix or a Pro Tools session with discreet tracks
♦ Connect with artists, musicians, engineers, and other media professionals to foster new collaborative and creative opportunities
♦ Buy and sell music and audio content with all rights and price offerings managed for you
♦ Search for and purchase content, as well as audio plug-ins and other software directly from within Pro Tools—with no application restart required after installation
Access Your Work From Anywhere—coming soon
Forget about having to comb through multiple hard drives to find past projects that you want to remix, repurpose, or remaster. With Avid's upcoming audio archival service, you’ll be able to store content and track it, whether you store a session locally or in the cloud. Archive a stereo mix, the full session, individual stems, or even flatten all tracks so that the original plug-ins used to create them aren’t required.
And with the new cloud storage service, you’ll be able to house and access archived sessions and files—plus all sessions, stems, and stereo mixes you make available in the Content Marketplace—securely from anywhere.
Manage and Track Your Assets—coming soon
Avid will be introducing and integrating a new open, universal metadata schema into Pro Tools that will help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create. This metadata will enable media creators and distributors to keep track of everyone who creatively contributed to a piece of content, making it easy to document who did what, when, and where; manage and control versioning; and provide accurate credit information so that you have a better chance of getting paid for your work—and getting hired for future projects.
- Includes an iLok2 for software authorization
- Collaborate in the cloud
- Connect in the Avid Marketplace
- Access your work from anywhere
- Manage and track your assets
- Priced affordably for educational institutions
One of the best just got even better. Order a copy of Pro Tools today.
- Higher education students— You must show evidence of current enrollment2 at an accredited, government-recognized public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student’s) name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school’s logo or seal, your name, and the current date/academic term
- An official letter from the registrar of the school, including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a student schedule including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a grade report statement or transcript including your name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- Screen captures from school websites may be accepted in lieu of official documentation if your name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible (acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid)
- Teachers, faculty, and staff— Evidence of current employment at a public or private primary or secondary secondary, local education authority, or degree granting post-secondary/tertiary academic institution, or at an Avid Learning Partner.
- Secondary students—You must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student’s) name, school name, and the current academic year
- A copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms your enrollment status (all documentation must contain the school, district, or local authority name, your name, and a date reflecting the current academic year)
- Homeschool teacher—You must show evidence of status as a homeschool teacher3 by providing one of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- A current copy of a curriculum receipt or any official documentation issued by the local/state government that recognizes your family’s intent to homeschool