- Product H71567
Avid Torq 2.0 DJ Performance Software
- Write a Review
Torq 2.0 DJ software takes you beyond beatmatching and into the future of DJ performance and realtime production. Don't just spin tracks”reinvent the...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
From the makers of Pro Tools, DJ performance software with 4-full featured decks and more.
Torq 2.0 DJ software takes you beyond beatmatching and into the future of DJ performance and realtime production. Don't just spin tracks”reinvent them. Take advantage of all four decks to create unique, complex, and dynamic mixes. Develop your own sound using high-quality, innovative effects and a powerful built-in sampler. Go beyond crossfading by transitioning between tracks in exciting new ways using the innovative new Traq Morph feature. You can easily integrate Torq 2.0 with turntables, CD decks, and a variety of popular DJ controllers”or run the software on its own. Designed for rock-solid stability and peak performance, Torq 2.0 gives you unlimited ways to create your own sound on the dance floor, in the studio, and beyond.
Unlimited Mixing Possibilities
With Torq software, automatic beat detection and synchronization are just the beginning. Four full-featured decks”each with EQ, level control, headphone cueing, and crossfade”give you the power to build complex mixes and experiment in brand-new ways. Use the decks to prepare tracks during your set, then drop them into the mix and create dense, layered soundscapes. Tempo Anchors remove tempo variations from your tracks”or make other songs adopt the tempo changes”so you can easily blend older styles of music (such as classic funk and soul) with new ones. The zplane lastique time stretching algorithm performs extreme audio warping with exceptional precision and sonic quality”allowing you to keep your entire mix perfectly in key.
Traq Morph”The Crossfader's Second Coming
Torq software's Traq Morph feature is one of the biggest innovations in fading since the crossfader itself. It allows you to perform exciting transitions that would otherwise be impossible”short of having six hands and a rack of studio gear. Select between four flavors”Cut, Filter, Duck, and Morph”and Torq intelligently applies effects as you fade between songs. Use Filter mode to cut the bass out of Track A while introducing the bass of Track B as you move the crossfader, creating seamless transitions. Select Duck mode to introduce electro house-style ducking as you fade. Enable Cut mode to rhythmically cut back and forth between tracks in the mix. Or choose the Morph setting and hear Torq mix your audio sources in radical ways. Traq Morph takes you beyond the basic crossfades of yesterday and delivers exciting new transitions that will leave the crowd begging for more.
Live Remix Machine
Torq revolutionized digital DJ performance and production by combining DJ software essentials with a variety of cutting-edge features. Torq 2.0 goes even deeper with high-quality new effects and up to four simultaneous effect inserts per deck. But it doesn't stop there”VST support means you can manipulate your sound with any of the countless VST effects on the market. Each deck supports four simultaneous built-in effects and one VST effect”for a total of 20 effects at once”so you can completely reinvent your sound night after night. Torq also delivers a host of advanced looping tools for remixing and mashing up tracks on the fly”including QuickLoop buttons, Pre-Loop functionality for capturing a section you just passed, and Smart Mode for capturing loops of musical size. The 18-cell, tempo-synced sampler makes it easy to add loops, samples, and other audio to their mix. Torq 2.0 even comes with 100MB of free, ready-made loops to get you started.
Intuitive, Stable Operation
The engineering team behind Avid's award-winning Pro Tools virtual instruments and effects applied their expertise to rebuild Torq 2.0 software from the ground up. The result is rock-solid reliability, enhanced usability, and a fresh look. The new Setup Wizard makes it easy to configure compatible hardware, import music libraries, and access sophisticated workflows. The updated Browser and database provide immediate access to your entire music library”even when you've got tens of thousands of songs. And of course, ultra-stable operation means you can rock the party all night long.
Customize Your DJ Rig
Do you already own a Numark NS7, Vestax VCI-300, or other popular DJ controller? Adding Torq 2.0 software to the mix opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities. Of course, Torq 2.0 also provides compatibility with the M-Audio Xponent control surface for the ultimate hands-on experience.
For those who prefer the feel of traditional gear, Torq 2.0 supports vinyl and CD control out of the box”all you need are your favorite turntables or DJ CD players, a compatible audio interface, and a pair of Torq Control Vinyl or CDs (sold separately). So dive right in and build a rig that's as unique as your sound.
Audio Production Centerpiece
On stage and in the studio, Torq provides the ideal centerpiece for your audio production setup. Want to hook up your outboard gear? Torq can send and receive MIDI beat clock, allowing total synchronization with drum machines, effects boxes, and other computers. ReWire support and an 18-cell sampler let you bring powerful studio processing to your live sets, as well as infuse your studio productions with live energy. Torq is also ReWire-compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered software, Ableton Live, and other popular applications, forever blurring the lines between performer and producer.
- Cue, beat-match, and mix digital audio files (including MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA, AAC, and CD audio)
- Organize digital audio files (including iTunes libraries) into an updated, easily searchable database that can handle tens of thousands of tracks
- Use crates and playlists to organize tracks
- 4 full-featured decks for loading and playing files, each with EQ, level control, headphone cueing, and crossfade
- 6 cue points
- Standalone functionality with no hardware peripherals required
- Compatible with select M-Audio DJ hardware including Xponent and Conectiv
- Compatible with select third-party audio interfaces and DJ controllers including Numark NS7, Vestax VCI-300, and others
- Compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered, Ableton Live, and other audio production software via ReWire
- Vinyl and CDJ emulation control modes
- Utilize turntables or DJ CD players to control your tracks (requires a compatible audio interface and Torq Control Vinyl/CDs, sold separately): Skip Protection keeps the music playing even if the Control Vinyl or CD skips; True Key Lock keeps the pitch constant when adjusting external turntable speed
- Controllable via mouse, keyboard, and/or MIDI controller
- Transmit/receive MIDI beat clock for sync with other hardware/software and easy switching between DJs
- MIDI soft takeover prevents parameter jumps when using external controllers
- Tempo and Pitch Alteration
- Tempo Anchors allow marking tracks with varying tempos”effects and samples follow the tempo changes in the song
- Tempo Anchors enable you to eliminate tempo variations, making it easy to mix varied songs
- Tempo Master assigns a playing track to serve as the master tempo source for all tempo-related functions
- zplane's é:lastique time stretching/compression technology for sophisticated beatmatching and pitch alteration
- Effects and Live Remixing
- 13 high-quality built-in effects including filter, phaser, strobe, delay, flanger, reverb, distortion, repeat, brake, reverse, and more
- Patent-pending Traq Morph feature transforms your sound with unique filter, cut, duck, and morph effects as you crossfade between tracks
- Comes with over 100MB of ready-made loops to feed the sampler
- Supports optional third-party VST effects
- Up to four simultaneous effect inserts per deck
- Internal effects can be grouped into effects chains
- VST effect tempo synchronizes with tempo of playing deck
- Effects can be used in a post-fader configuration
- Snapshots let you recall settings and configurations with a single keystroke
- 18-cell, tempo-synced sampler
- Integrated performance recorder
- Advanced Looping Functionality
- Loop points can be set after a section plays
- QuickLoop option for CDJ-style loop division
- Quantize function for start/stop accuracy
- User Interface
- Completely new user interface design
- Remove sections from screen to conserve space
- Preview songs in headphones before loading to deck
- Database categories for bit rate, file type, year, and label
- Select multiple files to add to playlists
- Musical Style Preferences improve results when analyzing tracks
- Drag and drop songs into decks while in browser max view
- Warning message if loading a new song onto a Deck that is playing
- Warning message when attempting to exit Torq
- Optimized control locations
- Intuitive toolbar buttons and MIDI/tempo indicators
- Global Tempo metronome can be monitored in headphones
Take the work out of DJ'ing long gigs with this intuitive software and enjoy your job more. Order now!
Torq 2.0 DJ Performance Software
- System Requirements
Mac OS X 10.5.8-10.6.5 (10.6.5 recommended)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
1280 x 800 screen resolution
500MB available hard drive space
Multi-channel audio interface recommended
Windows 7 - 32/64 (recommended), Windows XP (SP3), or Vista 32/64 (SP2)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
1280 x 800 or 1366 x 768 screen resolution
500MB available hard drive space
Multichannel audio interface recommended