- Product 274003
B-Band DM-S Single Snare Drum Mic
- Write a Review
The B-Band DM-S XOM Drum Contact Mic for Snare drums is a remarkable new way to get a great miked sound from your drum consistently, conveniently and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An enlightened approach to snare drum miking.
The B-Band DM-S XOM Drum Contact Mic for Snare drums is a remarkable new way to get a great miked sound from your drum consistently, conveniently and with superior isolation. The system consists of the DM-S preamp, built with high-quality class A electronics and the DST Contact Mic for superb tone. The DM-S mic will work with any size snare drum. The DM-S has two 3.50 mm / 1/8" mini input jacks, one for the DST, the other for an auxiliary condenser or dynamic microphone.
The DM-S preamp attaches quickly to the drum rim without the use of any tools, the DST mounts discreetly on the inside of the drum shell near the batter head while the DST lead is simply fed through the drum air hole to the DM-S preamp.
When the aux mic input is used, the B-Band XOM (Cross-Over-Mix) circuit is activated and a 2 kHz low pass is applied, additionally the DST signal has a 2 kHz high pass applied to it. In this circuit the high frequencies above 2 kHz are from the DST and below 2 kHz are from the microphone. XOM provides a smooth and wider frequency range to the blended sound. Four mini switches on the preamp provide settings for the contour of tone and optional 9-volt phantom power supply to an extra condenser microphone.
Once in place, simply plug a standard XLR cable directly from the DM-S to the PA or mixer. The DM-S is powered by any 48 volt PA or mixer and has four mini switches for tone contouring and mic options: 1) DST -6 dB cut at 3.3 kHz; 2) DST +6 dB boost at 330 Hz; 3) Mic disable; 4) Mic power.
In keeping with the B-Band philosophy, the DM-S instrument microphone is very lightweight and does not add any noticeable weight to the drum. The DM-S is unobtrusive and gives your kit a sleek look without getting in the way during a performance. Yet, even with these values, the transducer is very durable and robust, and will endure rigorous touring.
- XOM circuit
- Superior isolation of each drum with no bleed from other drums
- Eliminates the need for audio gate effects
- Ultra-quick setups - the DM preamps are mounted to the rim with a secure thumb screw system
- Ready to go! There is no need to position mics or mic stands, just plug a standard XLR cable into the preamp and it's ready
- The drum set will have a very clean look without the clutter of mics and stands
- Mounts to drum without modification
- DM-S has aux input for condenser (9 V) or dynamic mic
Discover how good your snare can sound. Order today.
- Mini switch control range: 1) mic power +9-volt; 2) external mic disable; 3) mid boost 330 Hz +6 dB (peaking Q 1); 4) high cut 3.3 kHz -6 dB (peaking Q 1)
- Frequency response: 60 Hz - 35 kHz (-3 dB)
- Inputs: 1) B-Band 2) aux input for external mic
- XOM (Cross Over Mix): between ext. mic and B-Band pickup at 2 kHz: B-Band = high pass; Ext. mic = low pass
- Output power: balanced phantom powered 12 - 50 V. Nominal output is similar as common dynamic drum mics
- Weight (with accessories): 150 g
- Dimensions: L 104 mm / 4.09", W 36 mm / 1.42", H 47 mm / 1.85"
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This mic makes a great addition to an SM-57. They offer excellent isolation but the actual sound of the snare doesn't compare to an SM-57. However, they are useful for bringing up the high ends of a snare sound without bringing up any cymbals that might bleed through a 57. Personally, I wouldn't run an extra mic through the second input on the b-band but would use a seperate channel for that. Be careful when installing the pickup. Once it is stuck on the drum shell, it is very difficult to remove and may result in damage to the pickup.