- 482690 000000000 482690000000000
B-Band UKKO-K Single Kick Drum Contact Mic
- Write a Review
The B-Band UKKO-K kick drum contact mic system is a remarkable way to capture the true tonality of your kick drum consistently, conveniently, and wit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The B-Band UKKO-K kick drum contact mic system is a remarkable way to capture the true tonality of your kick drum consistently, conveniently, and with extreme isolation. This system consists of two important components: the UKKO DMK preamp, built with high-quality class-A electronics, and the UKKO DST1 Contact mic for superb tone. This system will work with any size kick drum, and gives you high-resolution sound, and easy setup!
This mic system was designed to be able to blend-in visually with the drum kit. That is why B-Band designed the DMK preamp to be chrome colored to match most drum hardware. It is an extremely lightweight system that does not add any noticeable weight to the drum, or get in the way while performing like most other drum mic systems. It also very robust and durable, and will endure rigorous touring.
Setting up and tearing down have never been this easy. The DST1 has an adhesive back that mounts easily and discreetly on the inside of the drum shell near the batter head. The DST1 lead wire is fed through the drum air hole to the DMK preamp. The preamp mounts in the air hole outside of the drum, and was specially designed to not interrupt the flow of air as the drum breathes. Being as the DMK preamp is so small in size, there is no need to remove it to put the drum in its case, leave it on and be ready for the next gig or studio session.
To better capture the low frequencies of the kick drum there are two mini switches inside the DMK preamp that contour the sound for a choice of tone. One switch controls a -6dB mid cut at 330 Hz and the other is for a +6dB high boost at 5 kHz.
If you have a hole cut on your resonant head or if there is no resonant head on your kick drum, this will make the UKKO-K sound thinner. It is recommended to have a solid resonant head for maximum tonal quality.
- Extreme isolation of each drum with no bleed from other drums
- Mounts without modification to the drum
- Reduces the need for audio gate effects
- Ultra-quick setups
- No need to position mics or mic stands; just plug a standard XLR cable into the preamp and play
- Clean looks without the clutter of mic stands
- Frequency response: 22Hz ” 35kHz (-3dB)
- Phantom power required: 12 ” 50-volt
- Output impedance: 200 ohm balanced
- Weight: 52 g.
- Dimensions: 76 mm (3.00") / 48mm (1.90") / 40mm (1.60")
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.