- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BBE SM500 500 Series Single-Channel Sonic Maximizer
- Write a Review
- J01865 000000000 J01865000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The BBE SM500 Sonic Maximizer is a modular single-channel signal processor designed to be used specifically with the API-style 500 rack made by many ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The BBE SM500 Sonic Maximizer is a modular single-channel signal processor designed to be used specifically with the API-style 500 rack made by many manufacturers today. It provides processing for a mono channel, brightening, clarifying, and adding fullness to the sound. Features include +23dBu headroom and a bypass switch for comparison of processed to unprocessed signals.
The SM500 uses the same processing engine as our celebrated 882i model, and the same process that has enhanced recordings for everyone from Ryan Hewitt (Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flogging Molly) to Ed Cherney (Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt) to Tony Visconti (T. Rex, David Bowie, Alejandro Escoveda).
Throughout the world, there's barely a studio, sound engineer or record producer that doesn't own some version of BBE's Sonic Maximizer.
The SM500 is a single channel of BBE's renowned Sonic Maximizer in the API 500-Type chassis.
· The SM500 features the same Sonic Maximizer engine that powers our 882i rack-mounted model
· It is a plug and play module that fits into any of the 500 racks currently available from API, Radial, Aphex, Daking, Chameleon Labs and others. These racks have their own power supply, and audio I/O, for the modules.
· The SM500 ships as a single module and can only be used when it's plugged into one of the third-party racks mentioned above.
Same processing as top-of-the-line BBE
Perfect for home studios
Order today and give your mixes a sparkle that will charm the birds out of the trees.
Same Sonic Maximizer engine as the 882i
Can be used with all types of music
+23dB of output headroom
118dB signal to noise ratio
500-style Chassis Fits in Any 500 Rack
5 year warranty
Frequency Response: 5Hz to 30kHz +/-0.5dBu, -10dBu input
THD in process mode: less than 0.1% at -10dBu input, 20-20kHz
Maximum Output: +23dB of output headroom
Input Impedance: 47k Ohms Balanced
Output Impedance: 600 Ohms Balanced
Sensitivity: -45dBu for maximum process
Maximum Process +12dBu boost at 5kHz
Lo Contour: +12dBu boost at 50Hz
All analog, through-hole circuit with only high-precision components used
1% metal film resistors throughout
Authentic BBE proprietary, patented Sonic Maximizer Processor
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.