- Product 485680
Benchmark MPA1 2-Channel Mic-Pre
- Write a Review
The 2-channel Benchmark MPA1 microphone preamplifier is meticulously designed to Benchmark standards of transparency, ultra-low distortion, and ultra...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
A perfect choice for stereo pairs, ribbon mics, and any other application where purity is the goal.
The 2-channel Benchmark MPA1 microphone preamplifier is meticulously designed to Benchmark standards of transparency, ultra-low distortion, and ultra-low noise performance. The MPA1 mic pre is a perfect choice for stereo pairs, ribbon mics, and any other application where audio purity is the goal.
Pristine Input Stage
The Benchmark MPA1 mic pre's input stage offers high-voltage headroom (+29 dBu) and single-stage gain control to maximize the signal-to-noise ratio. The MPA1 maintains superb noise performance across the entire gain range (74 dB) by utilizing precision-matched, low-noise, transistor quad-arrays. A servo-controlled circuit minimizes DC-offset and maximizes headroom.
Complete Low Frequency Response
The MPA1 exhibits exceptional low-frequency performance with a clever dual-capacitor AC-coupling design. This dual-capacitor design defeats the limitations of single-capacitor AC-coupling designs, achieving an exceptionally low corner-frequency with excellent subsonic phase-accuracy.
Innovative Stepped-Resistor Gain Control
The gain control of the Benchmark MPA1 is completely unique. The gain is controlled via a 38-position, switched resistor ladder, set up in a continuously rotating orientation via relay control. This gain control circuit offers 2 dB per step, 0-74 dB of gain without attenuation, and inter-channel gain precision of +/- 0.03 dB. A make-before-break scheme creates a silent switching circuit.
Elegant Phantom Power Protection
The transistor stage is protected from phantom power surges with an ultra-fast, multistage protection circuit. This circuit utilizes the high-speed capabilities of low-capacitance Schotky diodes and the high-current capabilities of TVS diodes to absorb the phantom power surges caused by shorts and plugging/unplugging microphones with +48V on. This circuit is pre-biased so that it is isolated from the circuit in normal operation and activated when a surge occurs.
For mounting options, see RM Kit #485682, RM Coupler #485683, and RM Blank #485683.
- 38-position discrete linear gain switching (2 dB/ step)
- Automatic gain-range switching with LED range-indicators
- 0 74 dB total gain range
- Switchable 40-Hz high-pass filter (relay controlled “ no audio through switches)
- Switchable polarity invert (relay controlled “ no audio through switches)
- Independently switchable +48V phantom power
- HPA2 “ Benchmark's signature high-current, 0 Ohm headphone amplifier
- 4-segment, precision LED meters (calibration-free)
- Recessed phantom switch to prevent accidental switching
- Phantom-power disable jumper for dedicated ribbon mic operation
- Phantom-protection circuitry prevents damage from phantom power surges
- Internal, toridal linear power supply
- High-quality gold Neutrik connectors
- Maximum input +29dBu
- Maximum output: +29dBu
- Ultra-low noise/distortion (THD+N @ 22dB Gain 10Hz to 20kHz=0.00045%)
- RF-immunity over a wide bandwidth (500kHz)
- Designed, built, and tested in Syracuse, New York, USA
Get studio quality results! Order today