- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage One w/ B4 Capsule Bundle
- Write a Review
- Product 581309
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone uses interchangeable capsules, including the 9 vintage lollipop-style Blue Bottle Caps. The Class-A discr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Multipurpose B8 capsule for instrument and vocal recording, and the ethereal "being there" sound of the B4 omni for ambient room and drums.
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone uses interchangeable capsules, including the 9 vintage lollipop-style Blue Bottle Caps. The Class-A discrete solid state Blue microphone has a bayonet-mounting system for unlimited flexibility, and a wide variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns”all in one mic.
Precision-designed and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage One mic is crafted for a lifetime of use. Compared to similar microphones, the Blue Stage One has a very low self noise specification (<7.5dB) and a very high output level (+12dBV), making it a perfect choice for today's high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms.
Instead of integrated circuit chip, the Blue Stage One microphone employs a transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit to ensure the most accurate and noise-free signal possible with minimal distortion and coloration. The Bottle Rocket Stage One is an ideal microphone for recording virtually any sound source. In addition to the microphone, the Bottle Rocket Stage One also includes Blue's high-definition 20-AWG mic cable and custom spider shockmount.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. This Stage One bundle comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO”The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap and the B4 Omni Mouse.
B4 Omni Mouse: Perspex Sphere Pressure Omni Small Diaphragm: "The Big Omni"
The Blue B4 evokes an ethereal quality sought after by producers and engineers alike. The Perspex sphere which houses our small diaphragm capsule, hand-built by Blue engineers, is a unique design made popular in the 1950s on the RCA Red Seal series recordings. For room sounds and ambient drum recording, nothing parallels the sound of this capsule.
¢ Sweet highs, robust lows, unique design and sound perfect for ambient recording
¢ Suggested Applications: Orchestral sounds, classical instrumentation, background vocals, organ, accordion, distant miking of any source, particularly bowed strings, and drums.
The Bottle Caps
¢ B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
¢ B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
¢ B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
¢ B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
¢ B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
¢ B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
¢ B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature”smooth, liquid presence
¢ B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
¢ B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound”the default Bottle Cap
- Includes both the B8 and B4 Bottle Caps
- Stage One is usable with with 9 interchangeable "Bottle Cap" capsules”get them all & it's like a full Blue mic locker at your fingertips
- Precision-shaped and hand-assembled to Blue's standard of quality
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz“20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 27mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 7.5dBV“14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +12dBV = 3.1 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 138 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA