- Product 581438
BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage Two Microphone Launch Edition
- Write a Review
This special Launch Edition of the Blue Bottle Rocket Microphone, the Stage Two, is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube mic system for virtually any...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A commemorative launch version of the extremely versatile Stage Two, featuring the multipurpose B8 capsule, the "Blue Standard" B6 for modern presence and larger-than-life vocals.
This special Launch Edition of the Blue Bottle Rocket Microphone, the Stage Two, is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube mic system for virtually any recording need. This is an extremely limited run microphone, with special flake finish, certificate of authenticity, and extra B6 Bottle Cap microphone capsule.
The Blue Stage Two microphone combines low noise and superb transient response along with a choice of 9 different Blue Bottle Cap interchangeable mic capsules. In an instant, you can change these bayonet-mount capsules for a stunning variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns without shutting off the power. Get all the capsules and it's like having an entire Blue mic locker in a single system.
Precision-shaped and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage Two mic is crafted for a lifetime of use. Its transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit is a thoroughly modern design with a nod to the classic circuits of yesteryear. With the Bottle Rocket mic's single hand-selected ECC88 vacuum tube, you'll hear musical detail and subtlety previously heard only in microphones costing thousands more. The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two microphone includes a custom-built flight case, a high-definition tube mic cable, and a shockmount. You also get the innovative Powerstream power supply, which not only ensures ultra-stable performance but also boasts a soft-start feature that maximizes tube life and minimizes startup time.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. The Stage Two comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO—The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap.
The Bottle Caps
• B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
• B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
• B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
• B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
• B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
• B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
• B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature—smooth, liquid presence
• B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
• B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound—the default Bottle Cap
- Limited launch edition with distinct flake finish, certificate of authenticity, and extra B6 Bottle Cap capsule
- Usable with 9 interchangeable "Bottle Cap" capsules—get them all & it's like a full Blue mic locker
Bottle Rocket Stage Two Microphone Launch Edition
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 50mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 9dBV–14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +28dBV = 24.11 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 139 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA