- Product 424014
BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage Two Tube Microphone
- Write a Review
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Innovative microphone system with up to nine interchangeable capsules.
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combines low noise and superb transient response along with the Blue Bottle Caps”a choice of 9 different interchangeable microphone capsules. Change these bayonet-mount mic capsules In an instant without shutting off the power for a stunning variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Get all of the capsules and it's like having an entire Blue mic locker in a single system.
Precision-shaped and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage Two microphone is crafted for a lifetime of use. Its transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit is a thoroughly modern design with a nod to the classic circuits of yesteryear. With its single hand-selected ECC88 vacuum tube, you'll hear musical detail and subtlety previously heard only in mics costing thousands more. The Blue Stage Two mic includes a custom-built flight case, a high-definition tube microphone cable, and a shockmount. You also get the innovative Powerstream power supply, which not only ensures ultra-stable performance but also features a soft-start feature that maximizes tube life and minimizes startup time.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. The Stage Two comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO”The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap.
The Bottle Caps
¢ B0 Capsule (270709) ” Airy top end, silky vocal sound
¢ B1 Capsule (270710) ” Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
¢ B2 Capsule (270711) ” Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
¢ B3 Capsule (270712) - Accurate, neutral sound
¢ B4 Capsule (270713) - Live and orchestral applications
¢ B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
¢ B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature”smooth, liquid presence
¢ B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
¢ B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound”the default Bottle Cap
- Usable with 9 interchangeable "Bottle Cap" capsules”get them all & it's like a full Blue mic locker
- Precision-shaped and hand-assembled to Blue's standard of quality
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz“20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 50mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 9dBV“14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +28dBV = 24.11 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 139 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA