- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Blue Sky Sky System One SAT 6.5 MK II Satellite 2.1 Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- Product 600018
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Blue Sky SAT 6.5 MK II is an extremely precise satellite speaker designed for modern 2.1 monitoring setups where the bass response is provided by...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Innovative monitoring designed specifically for 2.1 setups.
The Blue Sky SAT 6.5 MK II is an extremely precise satellite speaker designed for modern 2.1 monitoring setups where the bass response is provided by a subwoofer. It features a cast aluminum frame 6.5" hemispherical driver and a 1" dual concentric diaphragm tweeter with integral wave guide for superior off-axis response. Powered by two custom-designed 100W amplifiers with a highly optimized electronic crossover, the SAT 6.5 Satellite delivers clean, accurate sound with a reproduction frequency response of 80Hz-20kHz +/—3.0dB (200Hz-10kHz +/—1.5dB). On the rear panel there is a power switch, voltage selector switch, fuse holder, gain control, 12dB input attenuator switch, LED power indicator, 80Hz high pass filter switch and a balanced XLR input. It is housed in a compact, shielded MDF enclosure with M6 X 12mm inserts for stand attachment. The Blue Sky SUB 12 is a perfect 2.1 partner for the SAT 6.5 MK II.
Updated features for the SAT 6.5 MK II
The tweeter in the SAT 6.5 MK II is the ferrite motor structure Vifa XT-25, the same tweeter that is used in Blue Sky's Big Blue SAT 12. It is slightly more efficient than the previous neodymium version and also provides better thermal characteristics. Blue Sky has also added a gain range attenuator (+12dBu or +24dBu operation) that allows you to easily optimize the signal to noise ratio, a sealed tweeter chamber to eliminate air leaks, and a redesigned input stage with a lower noise floor. The SAT 6.5 MK II satellite is also more reliable thanks to a individually optimized driver protection circuitry that protects against both short- and long-term damage without negatively impacting sound quality. Dual Voltage operation lets you easily configure your monitors to use either 115V or 230V. The recessed gain control is less likely to be bumped or adjusted accidentally. Bass management for the 2.1 system is incorporated within the SUB 12 or SUB 15 Universal Subwoofer.
Sky System One delivers accurate, full-range nearfield monitoring in a wide variety of 2.1, 5.1 and beyond, surround sound applications. As is the case with all Blue Sky monitoring systems, Sky System One made extensive use of the proprietary BOO™ (Binary Organic Optimization) technology in the development of the crossover and bass management networks to ensure a seamless spectral experience in 'real world' monitoring environments.
- Cast-aluminum frame, long-excursion design 6-1/2" Hemispherical Woofer
- 1-1/2" aluminum voice coil with vented motor for high power handling
- Copper shorting ring for lower distortion
- Ultra-low power compression
- Mica filled polypropylene cone and rubber surround
- Dual concentric diaphragm 1" tweeter with integral wave guide
- High power-handling ferrite motor structure
- Solid 3/4" MDF construction with 1" front and rear baffle
- Viscoelastic energy absorbing front baffle coating
- 1/4"x 20 inserts for attachment of OmniMount type 60 brackets (formerly known as the 100 Series).
- Fully video shielded
- Sub 1kHz primary resonance
- Dual 100W RMS amplifiers with protection circuitry
- Discrete symmetrical bipolar design with localized feedback
- THD + Noise less than 0.015% at rated output @1kHz
- XLR balanced input
- Adjustable gain control
- Computer-optimized crossover
- 8"W x 12"H x 10-1/4"D
- 27 lbs.
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 40dB typical 60Hz
- Voltage Sensitivity: 200mV = 90dB SPL @ 1M
- Maximum Input Level: +24dBu balanced
- Frequency Response: +/- 1.5dB 200 to 10kHz
- +/- 3.0dB 80 to 20kHz
- Low Frequency Cutoff: -3dB @ 80Hz
- Low Frequency Rolloff: 12dB per octave
- System Q: 0.707
- Internal Crossover Point: 1.5kHz
- System Crossover Slope: 4th order Linkwitz-Riley Acoustic
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Have had these for a few years and all the tweeters seem to be going out at the same time. I have a 5.1 system and the center and rear speakers do not get used much but the tweeter still is going out in all the speaker with in 2 month period,leads me to think there glue is not holding up after a few years!The high end id harsh but they are fairly accurate. i have done a few movies on them and then went to a stage to do a final mix with only a few suppress.