- Product 485746
Cakewalk FA-66 FireWire Audio Capture Interface
- Write a Review
Let the Cakewalk FA-66 FireWire AudioCapture interface help you take your music productions to the next level. The Cakewalk FA-66 has been specially ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Record and playback using 6 inputs/outputs simultaneously at 24-bit/96 kHz, or 4 at 24-bit/192 kHz.
Let the Cakewalk FA-66 FireWire AudioCapture interface help you take your music productions to the next level. The Cakewalk FA-66 has been specially designed with premium audio components to improve your audio playback and recording quality in software such as Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Reason, SONAR, and other music production titles on both Mac and PC. With high-speed FireWire data transmission, the Cakewalk FA-66 interface records and monitors 4 simultaneous channels of analog audio at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. All of this Cakewalk audio technology is packed in a small, durable body for years of reliable FireWire audio recording.
The Cakewalk FA-66 audio interface offers a wide array of input and output options for you to connect any audio device you need: 2 Neutrik XLR/TRS combo inputs with Phantom Power, Hi-Z (Guitar) connection, stereo RCA analog inputs, S/PDIF Optical I/O, 4 individual analog outputs, 1/4" stereo Headphone Output, and MIDI I/O. The FA-66 offers +4dBu balanced input & output.
Whether you're at home, in the studio, or on the road, the Cakewalk FA-66 audio capture interface gives you studio quality sound. It's a completely portable recording center with premium analog components and clean high-gain microphone preamps providing +48V Phantom Power.
Built-in Analog Limiter
Prevent clipping in your recordings and never lose an inspired performance again. The Cakewalk FA-66 interface's built in limiter provides high quality recordings with a wide dynamic range.
FireWire Bus Powered for Mobile Use
With the Cakewalk FA-66, no AC adaptor is required Just connect the FA-66 interface with a FireWire cable to your laptop and they combine to create a quality field recorder. Reduce your cables and record anywhere. However, if you do want to use the FA-66 interface in a studio, you can use the included AC adaptor.
Support for Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
The Cakewalk FA-66 audio interface supports WDM and ASIO 2.0 drivers on Windows and Core Audio on Mac OS X for low-latency performance with most applications. And, with standard FireWire Driver Support for Mac OS X, you can just plug in and start recording. Your Mac recognizes the FA-66 interface immediately.
Zero-Latency, Direct Monitoring
Get inspired while you record by hearing what you play, as you play it—with no latency. The Cakewalk FA-66 audio interface's Direct Monitoring function allows the input to go straight to the output offering zero-latency monitoring. The Cakewalk FA-66 also offers incredibly low-latency when monitoring through software or performing with software synths with efficient, low-latency drivers for Mac and PC.
Production Plus Pack
The Production Plus Pack is a powerful suite of music creation software that ships with the FA-66. It includes SONAR 8.5 LE recording software (PC only) and three high-quality and versatile virtual instruments for Mac and PC: Rapture LE, Cakewalk Sound Center, and Studio Instruments Drums.
- Simultaneous 6-input / 6-output performance at 24-bit / 96kHz
- Simultaneous 4-input / 4-output performance at 24-bit / 192kHz
- Two premium XLR/TRS combo inputs with professional mic preamps and independent sensitivity control
- Hi-Z input for Electric Guitar or Bass recording
- Built-in Analog Limiter
- S/PDIF Optical I/O with Digital Sync indicator
- MIDI I/O
- Responsive Low Latency Driver Performance with WDM, ASIO 2.0 and Core Audio support plug and play on Mac OS X with Apple Standard Driver support
- Zero-Latency, Direct Monitoring
- FireWire Bus Powered, no AC adaptor required, ideal for mobile use
- Compact and rugged solid-metal construction
- Includes the Production Plus Pack music creation software
- Owner's Manual
- Driver CD-ROM
- AC Adaptor
FA-66 FireWire Audio Capture Interface
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels:
- Digital Output: 44.1/48/96kHz
- Digital Input: 44.1/48/96kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 44.1/48/96/192kHz
- Signal Processing:
- Computer interface: 24-bit, AD/DA Conversion: 24-bit (linear)
- Sampling Frequency:
- Digital output: 44.1/48/96kHz, Digital input: 44.1/48/96kHz, AD/DA,
- Conversion: 44.1/48/96/192kHz
- Frequency Response:
- 96kHz: 20Hz to 40kHz (+0/-2dB), 48kHz: 20Hz to 22kHz (+0/-2dB), 44.1kHz: 20Hz to 20kHz (+0/-2dB)
- Nominal Input Level:
- Inputs 1-2 (XLR): -50 to -10dBu, Inputs 1-2 (1/4" TRS):-35 to +4dBu,
- Inputs 3-4: -10dBu to +13dBu
- Nominal Output Level:
- Output Jack 1-4: +4dBu (balanced)
- Residual Noise Level:
- (input terminated with 1 k ohms, MAIN VOLUME: 0dB, INPUT SENS: +4dBu, DIRECT MONITOR VOLUME: OUT1/2 position, IHF-A typ., Balanced), Output Jack 1-2: -95dBu
- S/N Ratio (Typical):
- OUTPUT: 105dB (typ.), INPUT: 102dB (typ.)
- FireWire (IEEE1394), Digital input/output: Optical type (conforms to IEC60958), MIDI IN/OUT
- (Front Panel): Inputs 1-2 (XLR / 1/4" TRS): XLR (balanced /+48V phantom power), 1/4" balanced TRS, Headphones Out (Stereo 1/4")
- (Rear Panel): Inputs 3-4 (RCA), Outputs 1-4 (1/4" balanced TRS), Digital In Connector (Optical), Digital Out Connector (Optical), MIDI Connectors (In/Out), FireWire Connectors (6 pin and 4 pin)
- Power Supply:
- DC 9V (AC adaptor) / FireWire Bus Power
- Current Draw:
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 164mm x 148mm x 44mm, 6-1/2" x 5-7/8" x 1-3/4
- Weight: 0.65kg /1lb. 7oz.
- System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP SP2 or later
- Computer: Windows-compatible computer equipped with a FireWire port
- CPU: Intel-compatible Processors 1.4GHz or higher
- Memory: 1GB or more (2GB or more is recommended)
- OS: Mac OS X v10.4.6 or later
- Computer: Apple Macintosh series with on-board FireWire port
- CPU: Intel Processor
- Memory: 1GB or higher