- Product 706740
Cakewalk SONAR 5 Studio
- Write a Review
Cakewalk SONAR studio software has given audio production a serious boost with Version 5. The full 64-bit processing power (supported on Windows XP x...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Full 64-bit power for outrageously powerful audio production.
Cakewalk SONAR studio software has given audio production a serious boost with Version 5. The full 64-bit processing power (supported on Windows XP x64 Edition) of its pristine audio engine sets new standards for digital mixing and boasts ground-breaking advances in utilization of RAM and native processing power. The double-precision, floating-point engine also delivers significant dynamic range improvements and works seamlessly with full operability on 32-bit computers.
With Cakewalk SONAR 5 you will have all the instruments, effects, and creative tools needed to make your music. SONAR's fast, streamlined user interface makes it the perfect solution for composing, recording, editing, mixing, and remixing music productions; and for providing voice over, score, sound design and post audio for film, TV, video, commercials, and games.
You can record and edit unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI using up to 31 audio and 8 MIDI effects on input and sounds from responsive virtual instruments. You'll get synths powered by Roland sounds, virtual vintage-style analog synths, powerful groove samplers, and more. SONAR lets you loop/record live audio and MIDI to track layers, then assemble the perfect take using enhanced composition tools.
You can also quickly create backing tracks and remixes with MIDI groove clips and ACID-format loops with per slice control of pitch, gain, and pan. Track Templates let you recall every element and all the settings of a sound with one click. When you're ready for something new you can expand your sounds and effects with native support for VST, DirectX, and ReWire. With SONAR 5, you can use any Windows-compatible WDM or ASIO audio interface and get hands-on control with MIDI devices and control surfaces.
Flexible mixing capabilities deliver 30+ surround formats, effects, on-the-fly bussing, vector envelopes, customizable pan laws, configurable meter ballistics, and more. You can configure SONAR the way you like with custom layouts, color schemes, even use keystrokes from other audio applications. With SONAR 5 you have the ability to deliver audio in virtually any format, bit-depth, or sampling rate for the ultimate freedom for collaborations.
SONAR 5 is a cutting-edge engineering and mixing environment ready and waiting to transform your musical dreams into professional finished productions.
Below are some of the key new features in SONAR 5:
Pentagon I vintage analog synth, Roland GrooveSynth, SFZ SoundFont sampler
Updated MIDI FX plug-ins
BitBridge enables 32-bit VST effects and instruments in SONAR's 64-bit environment
Track Templates and Track Icons
VST plug-ins scanned, loaded, and configured natively in SONAR
Enhanced Track Layers for even more comping and editing power
Integrated inline audio and MIDI editing, arranging, and mixing all in one view
MIDI sequencing enhancements including advanced step recording
Plug-ins and Edit views may be docked and tabbed right in the Track View for easy access when arranging, editing or mixing your project
Envelope automation drawing enhanced with tempo-sync patterns, freehand, more
Object-oriented clip-based effects and editing including per-clip effects bin, clip-based effect automation, and more
Enhanced Group Editing and Group Manager
Remove DC offset during recording
Bus and synth waveform preview to give you the visual feedback you need to fix it in the mix through markers that display overs and peaks
Video output to 1394 FireWire devices for high quality viewing with lower CPU and disk usage
For more features you can purchase SONAR 5 Producer Edition.
- Powerful audio production
- A/V capabilities
- Double-precision, floating-point audio engine
- 64-bit processing power (on Windows XP x64 Edition)
- Operates seamlessly on 32-bit computers
- Unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI recording
- Pentagon I vintage analog synth, Roland GrooveSynth, SFZ SoundFont sampler, TTS-1, Cyclone, and DreamStation virtual instruments
- 30 audio and 8 MIDI effects including Lexicon Pantheon Reverb LE and Sonitus:fx Suite
- Updated MIDI FX plug-ins
- Integrated inline audio and MIDI editing, arranging, and mixing all in one view
- Envelope automation drawing
- Object-oriented clip-based effects and editing
- BitBridge for 32-bit VST effects and instruments in 64-bit engine
- Remove DC offset during recording
- Dynamic Console View
- Freeze for tracks, effects, and synths—unloads plug-ins
- Advanced step recording
- Edit and print traditional staff notation
- Professional project management tools
- Video output to 1394 FireWire devices
- Sync to and send SMPTE/MTC
- OMFI and Broadcast Wave import/export
- AIF, ASF, AU, AVI (with stereo or 5.1 audio), Broadcast Wave, MIDI, MP2, MP3, MPEG, MPG, OMFI, QuickTime 6, SND, WAV (including 32-bit float files), Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA), WMA9 Pro 5.1, WMA9 lossless, Windows Media Video, proprietary Cakewalk formats (.bun, .cwb, .cwp, .wrk)
SONAR 5 Studio
- Operating system: Windows XP required; Windows XP/x64 recommended
- Processor speed: Intel Pentium 4 1.3GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ required; Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz+ or AMD Athlon 64 2800+ recommended
- RAM: 128MB required; 512MB recommended
- Hard disk space: 100MB required; multiple GBs recommended
- Hard disk type: any required; 7200 RPM EIDI/Ultra DMA or SCSI Hard Drive recommended
- Graphics: 1024 X 768 16-bit color required; 1280 X 960 24-bit color or higher recommended
- Sound Card: Windows compatible required; WDM or ASIO compatible recommended
- DVD-ROM required to install SONAR 5 Producer Edition
- QuickTime support requires QuickTime 6 or higher
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Logical in its set up. You can think your way around in this program without driving yourself crazy looking through bulky manuals. Sonar also offers free clinics all the time to help users get the most out of the software. Good customer support too. As with anything new, be patient and do your research. There are tons of user forums that will give you info on getting your computer based system set up to avoid some of the common set up issues. Good Luck!