- Product 701513
Cakewalk SONAR 6 Producer Academic Edition
- Write a Review
SONAR 6 Producer Edition is the definitive choice for music creation and audio production, designed to take you from inspiration to masterpiece faste...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Fast-forward your music production.
SONAR 6 Producer Edition is the definitive choice for music creation and audio production, designed to take you from inspiration to masterpiece faster than ever before. At every step of your production—from composing with virtual instruments to recording and mixing—SONAR gives you professional tools that adapt to your unique style of music creation, even providing a customizable user interface that lets you put favorite features right where you want them. SONAR also delivers an industry-leading 64-bit double precision mix engine.
SONAR has already been widely accepted by academic institutions and is being taught today in programs at Northeastern University, Indiana State University, Berklee College of Music, the University of Delaware, and many other prestigious academic institutions. With music notation to complete digital audio and MIDI workstations for the Windows platform, Cakewalk's academic products provide both the teacher and the student with the tools needed to foster a successful learning.
Some of the biggest new features for SONAR 6 include the innovative Active Controller Technology (ACT) which dynamically remaps effect, mix, and instrument parameters to hardware controllers. ACT automatically assigns your knobs and sliders to popular features when you load a plug-in or synth; and you can easily customize the mapping. When you open a different plug-in, ACT automatically remaps controller mappings to whatever has the focus. ACT works with any MIDI controller, any control surface, any effect, any virtual instrument, and SONAR mix parameters. AudioSnap Multitrack Audio Quantize delivers non-destructive audio quantize, locks multiple tracks into the same groove, applies seamless tempo changes to audio, can convert audio beats to MIDI, slip-stretch clips to a new time or length, and uses high-quality time-stretching algorithms. VC-64 Vintage Channel delivers warm sounding dual EQ and compressor stages with analog component modeling and presets designed by professional musicians and producers.
SONAR 6 Producer Edition contains the following exclusive features
•AudioSnap Multitrack Audio Quantize
•VC-64 Vintage Channel—warm sound, dual EQ and compressor stages, analog component modeling, presets by professionals
•Session Drummer 2 instrument with professional multi-sampled drum kits, hundreds of usable drum patterns
•Roland V-Vocal VariPhrase Processor
•Surround mixing in over 30 formats
•SurroundBridge technology for using stereo VST effects in SONAR's surround environment
•Sonitus Surround Compressor
•PSYN II Subtractive Synthesizer
•Pentagon I Analog Modeling Synth
•RXP groove instrument with REX file support
•Perfect Space Convolution Reverb
•Lexicon Pantheon Reverb
•Active Controller Technology (ACT) dynamic parameter hardware controller mapping
See PDF Specifications below for full details on SONAR 6 Producer.
- Synth Rack virtual instrument management
- Redesigned interface
- Modular Transport
- Spectrum analyzer
- Clip editing enhancements
- Fast Zoom enables fast, precise edits
- Mouse wheel support for parameter control and zoom
- Crash recovery safeguards
- Automatic file versioning
- Customizable user interface
- Friendly driver naming (user-customizable audio hardware port names)
- Custom color schemes
- Operating System*: Windows XP
- Processor Speed Intel Pentium: 4 1.3GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- Or higher
- RAM: 256MB
- Graphics (resolution, color depth): 1024x768, 16-bit color
- Hard Disk Space: 100MB for full program installation
- Hard Disk Type: Any
- MIDI Interface***: Windows-compatible
- Audio Interface****: Windows-compatible
- Media Drive******: DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/-RW Drive
- Operating System*: Windows XP/x64**
- Processor Speed: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz [EM64T] AMD Athlon™ 64 2800+ Or higher
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Graphics: (resolution, color depth) 1280x960, 24-bit color or higher
- Hard Disk Space: Multiple gigabytes
- Hard Disk Type: EIDE/Ultra DMA (7200 RPM) or SATA
- MIDI Interface***: Windows-compatible
- Audio Interface****: WDM- or ASIO-compatible*****
- Media Drive******: DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/- RW Drive
- * SONAR does not support Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, or 2000
- ** Required to run 64-bit edition of SONAR 6
- *** Required to connect external MIDI devices
- **** Required for audio playback
- ***** See www.cakewalk.com/PCresource for a complete list of recommended audio devices
- ****** SONAR is presented on DVD media. DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/- RW Drive required for installation.
- SONAR is also available on CD-ROM for an additional fee. Please contact Cakewalk for ordering information.
- Quicktime support requires QuickTime 6 or higher.