- Product 700936
Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio 6 Recording Software
- Write a Review
Turn your PC into a complete music production studio. Record instruments and vocals and mix them with studio-quality audio effects. Edit audio, MIDI,...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The power of SONAR geared towards budget-conscious musicians.
Turn your PC into a complete music production studio. Record instruments and vocals and mix them with studio-quality audio effects. Edit audio, MIDI, and music notation. Build backing tracks or entire songs with hundreds of included instrument sounds and tempo-syncing loops.
Boasts the core features of SONAR with a quick-start guide, track presets, project templates, and video tutorials to make getting started easy. Sleek, customizable interface; updated mixing console; lots of effects; automated tracks, effects, instruments, and mix control; realtime MIDI quantize; freeze function; native VST support; easy-to-use sampler with sounds; and internet music-sharing tools. Also built to be compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Easy as plug-n-play
Recording any instrument is easy. Just plug in, check your levels, and hit record. Confidence Recording will draw the audio on screen as you record so you know you're getting the take. Hear internal effects on input, even while you record. If you need help getting a project started, use Track Presets for access to hundreds of sounds that will help ignite your creativity. Once you have recorded your tracks, you can visually arrange, edit, and mix your music with point-and-click ease—all in one view.
Create backing tracks fast
Create backing tracks in a matter of seconds. Find the perfect loop or sample in DropZone or the Loop Explorer, then click and drag it to start building your arrangement. You can chop up your beats, add dynamics, and create remixes with just a few clicks of the mouse. The enhanced Loop Construction View allows you to take control of your loops—tweak the pitch, pan, and gain of slices in any ACID-format loop.
Edit with powerful tools
Edit and arrange audio and MIDI together in one view with simple tools that give powerful results. Zoom in and make pinpoint edits to your project. Change the tempo and pitch; normalize or reverse the audio; preview, move, extend, or cut certain sections; add track envelopes. Use many of the same powerful features found in SONAR Producer Edition including multi-clip edits, loop-rolling, fade drawing, and more. And with SONAR Home Studio 6 you can feel free to experiment with non-destructive editing and unlimited undo/redo.
Mix and share your music
Mixing in SONAR Home Studio 6 is easy with Track Icons—no more guessing which track contains guitar or which track has the vocals. Mute, Solo, Pan, and change the Gain all in one view to achieve the best mix. Add effects to your mix and A/B them with just a click of a button. Professional metering provides the visual feedback you need for better real-time mixing. Mix in a more traditional studio console view or use your own control surface hardware to get the feel of real knobs and faders.
- Designed for compatibility with Microsoft Windows Vista
- Core feature set based on SONAR 6.2
- Quick Start guide, Track Presets, Project Templates, and Video Tutorials make getting started easy
- 64 audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks
- Record your whole band with support for multi-input audio interfaces
- Pristine audio quality up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Start your projects faster with Track Presets and Project Templates
- Use ACID-format loop library to create backing tracks
- Instrument sounds: drums, bass, guitar, keys, orchestral, and more
- Expand your studio with VST and DX synths and effects, and ReWire™ compatible applications including Project5™, Kinetic™, and Reason™
- The Synth Rack provides a control center for all of your virtual instruments
- MIDI Input Quantize corrects your MIDI performance as you record
- Edit audio and MIDI from one central view
- Edit and print music notation
- Powerful non-destructive editing: fades and crossfades, multi-clip editing, slip editing, more
- Organize your projects with Track Folders and Track Icons
- Freeze instruments and effects to save CPU power
- Zero in on edits and navigate quickly with Fast Zoom
- Score soundtracks with video thumbnails and video window
- Easy-to-use controls can be customized to suit your way of working
- Responsive mixing with a 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Automate your mix on the fly with powerful automation tools
- On-screen mixing console with integrated Sonitus:fx EQ on every track
- Mix your tracks with professional effects including reverb, delay, dynamics, modulation effects, tape, amp simulation, and more
- Use your keyboard or other MIDI control surfaces to control effects, instruments and your mix with ACT (Active Controller Technology)
- Export your mix: WAV, ACID-format WAV, AVI, MIDI, MP3 (30-day trial MP3 Encoder included), Windows Media Audio (WMA), and Windows Media Video (WMV)
- Upload your songs to the Web and build your own song player for your website, MySpace page and more with Cakewalk Publisher
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
This software is by far not a cakewalk. But, with great patience you can dig into this and find some really cool things. Endless effects and studio quality. THE QUALITY IS AMAZING. User's manual is terrible though, and you will have to teach yourself. I have a firewire setup, with an m-audio solo interface. Direct in recording, has yielded the best results.
This is an awesome product, although it is a little hard to use at first if you stick to the tutorials and the book they give you it becomes very easy. I recommend this product for anyone who knows their way around a computer and wants to give recording a try. I personally love this product.
This Software is great but hard to use at first if your a beginner, the sound quality is very good.
I purchased Home Studio 6 for voice recording and mixing. This program has more bugs than a Tennessee pig farm in July. It couldn't find my drivers. It won't output to my laptop. Worst of all, the recording was continuously marred by static and clicking in the background. I e-mailed tech support and didn't receive a reply. I called tech support and was put on hold for over 40 minutes. I called sales and languished on hold there too. The help manuals were confusing and sometimes inaccurate. Unless you have infinite patience or a high degree of technical repair skills, I suggest you go elsewhere.