- Product 700935
Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio 6 XL Recording Software
- Write a Review
Turn your PC into a complete music production studio. Record instruments and vocals and mix them with studio-quality audio effects. Edit audio, MIDI,...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Budget-friendly, but still bursting with professional features!
Turn your PC into a complete music production studio. Record instruments and vocals and mix them with studio-quality audio effects. Edit audio, MIDI, and music notation. Build backing tracks or entire songs with hundreds of included instrument sounds and tempo-syncing loops.
Boasts the core features of SONAR with a quick-start guide, track presets, project templates, and video tutorials to make getting started easy. Sleek, customizable interface; updated mixing console; lots of effects; automated tracks, effects, instruments, and mix control; realtime MIDI quantize; freeze function; native VST support; easy-to-use sampler with sounds; and internet music-sharing tools. Also built to be compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Easy as plug-n-play
Recording any instrument is easy. Just plug in, check your levels, and hit record. Confidence Recording will draw the audio on screen as you record so you know you're getting the take. Hear internal effects on input, even while you record. If you need help getting a project started, use Track Presets for access to hundreds of sounds that will help ignite your creativity. Once you have recorded your tracks, you can visually arrange, edit, and mix your music with point-and-click ease—all in one view.
Create backing tracks fast
Create backing tracks in a matter of seconds. Find the perfect loop or sample in DropZone or the Loop Explorer, then click and drag it to start building your arrangement. You can chop up your beats, add dynamics, and create remixes with just a few clicks of the mouse. The enhanced Loop Construction View allows you to take control of your loops—tweak the pitch, pan, and gain of slices in any ACID-format loop.
Edit with powerful tools
Edit and arrange audio and MIDI together in one view with simple tools that give powerful results. Zoom in and make pinpoint edits to your project. Change the tempo and pitch; normalize or reverse the audio; preview, move, extend, or cut certain sections; add track envelopes. Use many of the same powerful features found in SONAR Producer Edition including multi-clip edits, loop-rolling, fade drawing, and more. And with SONAR Home Studio 6 you can feel free to experiment with non-destructive editing and unlimited undo/redo.
Mix and share your music
Mixing in SONAR Home Studio 6 is easy with Track Icons—no more guessing which track contains guitar or which track has the vocals. Mute, Solo, Pan, and change the Gain all in one view to achieve the best mix. Add effects to your mix and A/B them with just a click of a button. Professional metering provides the visual feedback you need for better real-time mixing. Mix in a more traditional studio console view or use your own control surface hardware to get the feel of real knobs and faders.
Home Studio XL 6 Introduces Cakewalk Publisher, a new tool that helps users publish and present their music online. Cakewalk Publisher allows SONAR Home Studio customers to create a customized, online, Streaming music player with playlists of their music that can then be directly uploaded from SONAR Home Studio to band websites, MySpace pages, and other Internet sites.
Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio 6 XL recording software features several new features, such as Active Controller Technology, new effects and instruments, and new tools for publishing music online. Designed for compatibility with the Windows Vista operating system and based on the updated SONAR 6.2 professional recording software, the Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio 6 package gives you a powerful and affordable platform to use on your Vista system. SONAR Home Studio XL adds over one gigabyte of instrument sounds, a maximizer/limiter, Dimension LE and Session Drummer 2.
Boost 11 Peak Limiter
Get more volume and punch from your final mix with this easy to use peak limiter/maximizer. Boost 11 gives you professional results with a simple to use interface.
A special version of the acclaimed synth from Cakewalk. Features over 400 sound programs, ranging from real bass, organ and electric piano samples to cutting-edge synth sounds and rhythmic grooves.
Garritan Pocket Orchestra
Expands Dimension LE with more instrument sounds from the leader in orchestral soundware. Add pristine string sections, brass, woodwinds, and orchestral percussion to your compositions.
Session Drummer 2
Create the perfect drum track for any project. Build a foundation for your song with Session Drummer 2's customizable drum kits. Play drums or trigger built in live-feel patterns from your MIDI controller for ultimate control.
- Designed for compatibility with Microsoft Windows Vista
- Core feature set based on SONAR 6.2
- Quick Start guide, Track Presets, Project Templates, and Video Tutorials make getting started easy
- 64 audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks
- Record your whole band with support for multi-input audio interfaces
- Pristine audio quality up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Start your projects faster with Track Presets and Project Templates
- Use ACID-format loop library to create backing tracks
- Instrument sounds: drums, bass, guitar, keys, orchestral, and more
- Expand your studio with VST and DX synths and effects, and ReWire™ compatible applications including Project5™, Kinetic™, and Reason™
- The Synth Rack provides a control center for all of your virtual instruments
- MIDI Input Quantize corrects your MIDI performance as you record
- Edit audio and MIDI from one central view
- Edit and print music notation
- Powerful non-destructive editing: fades and crossfades, multi-clip editing, slip editing, more
- Organize your projects with Track Folders and Track Icons
- Freeze instruments and effects to save CPU power
- Zero in on edits and navigate quickly with Fast Zoom
- Score soundtracks with video thumbnails and video window
- Easy-to-use controls can be customized to suit your way of working
- Responsive mixing with a 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Automate your mix on the fly with powerful automation tools
- On-screen mixing console with integrated Sonitus:fx EQ on every track
- Mix your tracks with professional effects including reverb, delay, dynamics, modulation effects, tape, amp simulation, and more
- Use your keyboard or other MIDI control surfaces to control effects, instruments and your mix with ACT (Active Controller Technology)
- Export your mix: WAV, ACID-format WAV, AVI, MIDI, MP3 (30-day trial MP3 Encoder included), Windows Media Audio (WMA), and Windows Media Video (WMV)
- Upload your songs to the Web and build your own song player for your website, MySpace page and more with Cakewalk Publisher
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
HS6XL has many of the features and sound quality capabilities of other higher end DAWs. The XL package provides some decent plug-ins and HS6 is host friendly for most other plug-ins and re-wire devices. Expansion possibilities are pretty much unlimited.For desired results, a sound card specifically designed for recording is necessary (stay away from Sound Blasters, etc). With a decent audio interface and MIDI keyboard, I've put some nice stuff together. My first experience with DAWs was in a friends studio that uses Pro Tools and high end hardware. There is no "naked ear" difference between the work I did with him and the work I'm doing at home with HS6XL.Cakewalk offers lots of discounted upgrades and plug-in package sales for registered owners. The Cakewalk users forum is second to none. Get on the Cakewalk Bandwagon.
I rated this product keeping in mind a couple of minor points. FIRST, that comparing it to a fully blown DAW would be idiotic so I looked at it from the value for your money and capability point of view. SECOND, that the computer I have it installed on is not a dedicated (to recording) system. This means I could more likely than naught improve the situation with either a dedicated computer or a better sound card (an option under consideration to be sure). I purchased the program and found I needed to spend additional money for an MP3 Converter (One of the reasons I got it was for that capability) which didn't make me real happy. The program seems to function well, and the plug ins and the built in manager are not bad. It is taking me a while to explore and get used to but at least there won't be the annual update hassle the other system I had gave me. The documentation and tutorials are clear and concise with examples that led me through all of the areas I needed to see, and the help function works great as well. The resultant output from the program has thus far been more that I expected.As long as you keep things in perspective (it is not a program costing thousands of dollars but rather a home system to help most of us record) and look at similar programs in the price range as references, I don't think you will be disappointed.