- Product 706056
Cakewalk SONAR4 Studio Academic Edition
- Write a Review
Powerful recording, editing, composing, mixing, remixing, and navigation tools in a fast, streamlined user interface make you more productive than ev...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional studio power at a project studio price.
Powerful recording, editing, composing, mixing, remixing, and navigation tools in a fast, streamlined user interface make you more productive than ever before. With unlimited track support, a smart filing scheme and workgroup features, easy loop construction, and more options for manipulating audio, SONAR makes audio intuitive and easy.
SONAR 4 Studio Edition is a special version of SONAR 4 designed for project studios and aspiring professionals built upon the same core engine and feature set as SONAR 4 Producer Edition.
The new Track Folders feature makes it easy to efficiently manage large scale projects and loop recorded takes. You can place multiple tracks in a folder and make simultaneous adjustments and perform functions on all the tracks in a folder as though it was a single track. Tracks within a folder are displayed as a Composite Clip which you can cut-copy-paste, move, slip edit, and split; import multichannel audio into a track folders. SONAR 4's Track Folders are ideal for managing multi-mic or grouped recordings (drums, choir, piano, orchestra, acoustic guitar).
SONAR's new comp editing enhancements makes multi-take, composite tracking of both audio and MIDI faster than ever. Recorded and edited takes are displayed in multiple layers of a single track and you can audition only the selected content in a project while comping parts by quickly muting or isolating unwanted/wanted takes or sections. You can also blend elements together using the auto-crop tool with crossfade option or the non-destructive Auto Punch Record Mode.
Version 4 extends SONAR's loop editing and composition capabilities with slice-based envelope control of gain, pitch, pan; slice preview & auto-loop simplifies marker placement/adjustments.
Freeze is a new feature that will help you optimize your system resources and allow you to do lots more with your music. You can use SONAR 4's freeze implementation for tracks, effects, and synths. It releases memory and CPU load back to your system for use on other tasks, but retains frozen data so you can unfreeze later and continue working. Freeze only works when data is present, and you can use Freeze to render tracks in one easy step, automatically unload plug-ins, and for quick toggling/auditioning of tracks. You can even move and edit frozen data or convert frozen data into groove clips.
The Simultaneous Clip Editing mode lets you perform the following edits on multiple clips simultaneously: nudge, roll out groove clips, slip edit, and add/edit fades.
Nudge is a clip editing enhancement you can use both vertically and horizontally within Track and Piano Roll views. Nudge resolution is extremely flexible (musical time, seconds, milliseconds, frames, samples, ticks, follow snap settings) and a total of 9 nudge commands can be assigned to any key or MIDI event.
- Record, edit, arrange, and mix unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI
- Customizable bus architecture
- 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Full plug-in delay compensation
- Ultra high-quality sample rate conversion
- Support for any sampling rate
- Precise waveform display
- Synchronization of audio, MIDI, video, and external hardware
- Sub-sample accurate internal timing
- Multiprocessor optimization
- Loop-based composition, construction, and editing tools with ACID loop and MIDI groove clip support, Cyclone DXi
- Support for DirectX and VST audio effects
- MFX MIDI FX support
- DXi and VSTi soft synth capability
- ReWire 1.0 & 2.0 clients
- Includes 31 audio effects 3 DXi soft synths, 14 MFX
- Advanced MIDI routing & synth layering
- Unlimited undo/redo with edit history
- Assign hotkeys for custom screen layouts
- Project audio directories
- Consolidate project files for fast backup
- Search for associated files
- Extensive online help and 650+ page printed manual
- Designed and optimized for Windows XP/2000
- Hardware and compatibility
- Support for all Windows-compatible audio hardware (including Pro Tools | HD) via ASIO or WDM
- Support for any MIDI compatible hardware control surface (Edirol, Mackie, Tascam, more)
- Support for DirectX and VST audio effects; MFX MIDI FX; DXi and VSTi soft synths; and ReWire 1.0 & 2.0 clients (Project5, Kinetic, Reason, more)
- OMFI & Broadcast Wave import/export for cross platform collaboration with Digital Performer, Logic, Nuendo, and Pro Tools studios
- Import formats: AIF, ASF, AU, AVI (with stereo or 5.1 audio), Broadcast Wave, MIDI, MP2, MP3, MPEG, MPG, OMFI, QuickTime, SND, WAV, Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA), WMA9 Pro 5.1, WMA9 lossless, Windows Media Video, proprietary Cakewalk formats (.bun, .cwb, .cwp, .wrk)
- Export formats: WAV, ACID-format WAV, Broadcast Wave, AVI (with stereo or 5.1 audio), OMFI, MIDI, MP3 (30-day trial encoder), QuickTime, Real Audio G2, Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA), WMA9 Pro 5.1, WMA9 lossless, Windows Media Video (with stereo or 5.1 audio), and proprietary Cakewalk formats (.cwb, .cwp); Other audio formats supported via external command-line encoders
- Open support for external encoders: surround, LAME, Ogg Vorbis, Monkey's Audio, etc.
- Export video with control over quality settings and codecs
- Frame-accurate SMPTE sync with auto-detection of timecode
- Multi-port MTC and MIDI sync transmission