- Product 620256
Cakewalk UM-3G Multiport USB MIDI Interface
- Write a Review
The Cakewalk UM-3G Multiport is a portable, affordable and expandable 3-In/3-Out USB MIDI audio Interface. The UM-3G is designed for easy connection ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A 3-In/3-Out MIDI interface that's expandable to meet the growing needs of your gear.
The Cakewalk UM-3G Multiport is a portable, affordable and expandable 3-In/3-Out USB MIDI audio Interface. The UM-3G is designed for easy connection of your computer to multiple MIDI devices. 2 extra USB ports on the multiport's rear panel can daisy-chain 2 more UM-3G interfaces while only using one USB port on your computer. With independent MIDI Out/Thru Switches for each MIDI port, the Cakewalk UM-3G is a MIDI interface that grows with you as your studio or live needs expand. The UM-3G USB interface's Advanced Driver mode uses FPT (Fast Processing Technology) to ensure low-latency. The Cakewalk UM-3G I/O interface also features built-in Out or Thru selectable switches.
- 3-In/3-Out MIDI Ports (female)
- Controls up to 48 channels of MIDI equipment
- Expandable design allows you to daisy-chain up to three UM-3G interfaces providing nine total MIDI inputs and outputs without the need for additional USB Ports
- Advanced Driver mode uses FPT (Fast Processing Technology) to ensure low-latency, even with three UM-3G interfaces daisy-chained together
- Up to 3 units can be rackmounted
- Ideal MIDI interface for the mid- to larger-sized studio
- Out or Thru selectable switches built-in; select between MIDI Out and MIDI Thru for each output port
- Great for live settings using multiple MIDI applications, including traditional instruments, synths, sequencers and live sound, lighting, and special effects
- 32 channels of MIDI to control hardware and software
- Provides ability to connect multiple MIDI keyboards, sound modules, control surfaces, and other devices to a computer
- USB powered
Control up to 48 channels of MIDI equipment with this one simple interface. Order now!
UM-3G Multiport USB MIDI Interface
MIDI THRU switch x 3
MODE select switch
UNIT number select switch
MIDI IN x 2 (16 MIDI Channels x 3)
MIDI OUT x 3 (16 MIDI Channels x 3)
UM-3 Connector x 2
Windows System Requirements
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista x32 or x64, Windows XP Home x32, XP Professional x32 SP2 or later
Computer: Windows compatible PC equipped with a USB port
CPU: Pentium, Celeron or compatible processor/800 MHz or faster
Memory (RAM): 256MB or more
Windows XP Media Center Edition not supported
Macintosh System Requirements
OS Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
Computer: Apple Macintosh series with on-board USB port
CPU: Intel Processor or Power PC/400MHz or faster
Memory (RAM): 256MB or more
Dimensions: 138mm (W) x 67mm (D) x 42mm (H), 5-7/16"(W) x 2-11/16"(D) x 1-11/16"(H)
Weight: 210g / 8oz.
Current Draw: 90 mA
The use of this product under Boot Camp is not supported. This product will not operate in the Mac OS X Classic environment.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
After installing the first unit, I decided to add a second. The instructions seemed pretty straight forward. I ran into an issue that neither Cakewalk nor the parent Roland could solve. There seems to be a power issue when trying to "daisy chain" two UM-3Gs together. You have to individually plug each unit into your CPU to get enough power to operate them. Other than that, they seem to function. This may also be a computer issue specific. I have an ASUS that is only a few weeks old.