- H85975 000000000 H85975000000000
CARTEC Audio PRE-Q5 API 500 Series Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
The CARTEC PRE-Q5 is a high-quality, transformer-based microphone preamp for the API 500 series format that incorporates a passive inductor equalizer...Read More
The CARTEC PRE-Q5 is a high-quality, transformer-based microphone preamp for the API 500 series format that incorporates a passive inductor equalizer, and a balanced output attenuator. The filter circuit is identical to the CARTEC EQP-1A, but with the extra gain stage and transformers required to create a high-performance preamplifier. The output transformer is followed be a fully balanced stepped attenuator (constant impedance T-pad) to allow saturation of the output transformer while controlling the output level (allowing you to really drive the PRE-Q5 without clipping the next item in your signal chain). In combination with the High/Low frequency EQ, this gives the Pre a lot of tonal variety without any complicated circuitry or added phase distortion. Just a nice simple featured Preamp with a classic vibe. The Line level switch allows all of the features to be used both during tracking and mixing. You could send pre-recorded material to the EQ section or use the combination of the EQ and transformer saturation to enhance synths or any existing sounds.
Transformer-based mic preamp/passive EQ for API 500 Series.
- 10 to 65dB stepped gain (line pad -25dB)
- Mic or line level input, and switched bridged-T output attenuator
- Custom wound inductor and input/output transformers
- Pultec type low frequency boost @ 100, 60, or 30Hz
- Inductor high frequency boost @ 16, 12, or 8kHz
- Twin gain stage design, including the passive Pultec filter circuit
Purify the signal path of your API 500 series rack.