- Product 705721
Celemony Melodyne3 Studio - Cre8 Upgrade
- Write a Review
Celemony Melodyne3 offers a new algorithm that allows any type of audio material to profit from Melodyne's unique audio editing functions and sound q...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Capable of minor corrections of intonation to extreme pitch shifting and subtle modification of grooves to drastic time stretching.
Celemony Melodyne3 offers a new algorithm that allows any type of audio material to profit from Melodyne's unique audio editing functions and sound quality; in other words, Melodyne is no longer limited to the editing of melodies but can handle homophonic and polyphonic textures. The music production software also offers fully automatic analysis of the audio material, powerful macros for the correction of intonation and timing errors, and numerous improvements in the user interface. Celemony's Melodyne3 upgrade is not only capable of doing far more than its predecessors; it is also faster and easier to use.
Recording artists and engineers have known about Melodyne for years. Until now, though, it was only monophonic vocal and instrumental parts that could benefit from Melodyne's much-admired audio editing algorithms: algorithms capable of everything from minor corrections of intonation to extreme pitch shifting and from the subtle modification of grooves to drastic time stretching. With version 3, Melodyne music software is no longer limited to melodies but offers a unique algorithm that can perform high quality time stretching on full chords and complex audio signals; so now harmonic material (such as rhythm guitar or piano parts) — whether homophonic or polyphonic — can be transposed (without altering the tempo), slowed down or sped up (without altering the pitch) and even quantized. What's more, all this can be done in real time with the sound quality for which Melodyne is famous.
Melodyne3 employs the same audio analysis engine as Melodyne uno: the process of note recognition is therefore fully automatic and the results more reliable and delivered more swiftly than heretofore. That's one way in which Melodyne3 music software makes working with audio files easier. Others are the Correct Pitch and Quantize Time macros, which allow the most common flaws in vocal and instrumental recordings to be removed with a few mouse clicks.
Celemony Melodyne3 is not just far easier to operate and better attuned to the working practices of musicians and recording engineers than its predecessing music production software programs but also better structured. Context-sensitive combi-tools, logically arranged menus and intuitive methods of operating in the arrange and edit windows streamline the workflow as well as reducing the time taken to master the program. There are also notable improvements in the way Melodyne integrates into other sequencing applications and Melodyne3 can read sound libraries created using Melodyne technology such as those of Ueberschall's Liquid Instruments, thereby obtaining access to an almost inexhaustible supply of licks and phrases.
The latest update to the Celemony Melodyne studio and cre8 runs native on Macintosh computers with Intel processors, is compatible with the new Melodyne Sound Library and supports as an option the iLok dongle. In addition, numerous requests from customers have been implemented and improvements in all areas carried out.
Melodyne 3.1 runs as 'Universal Binary' now also native on Intel Macs, if desired stand-alone or connected via ReWire, VST, AU or RTAS with a host. The new version inaugurates the Melodyne Sound Library. The very high-quality sounds are derived from Ueberschall's Liquid Instruments, and were specially conceived, recorded and prepared for flexible use with Melodyne technology.
In version 3.1, Melodyne studio and cre8 can use the iLok dongle as an option for authorisation, making the flexible use of Melodyne on different computers and in different studios possible, even if you own one Melodyne license only. If you do not wish to use the iLok dongle, you can still authorize your Melodyne 3.1 with the existing procedure of challenge and response.
Among other new features are the simple management of used audio files, a switchable pitch grid, extended combi tools, a common reset function for all pitch editing, new keyboard commands, a percentage entry for time stretching and a tempo tapping function. In addition, the polyphonic algorithm of the studio version has again been considerably improved.
Melodyne 3.1 also exports tracks notewise now if desired. Where possible, the MIDI Root Key is written automatically into the files created — which is ideal as it allows you to use these quickly in the sampler and without the additional trouble of mapping. In addition, the new version now also reads automatically the tempo information contained in many files (e.g. Apple Loops and Acid files). For version 3.1, all known bugs have been fixed and ReWire stability further improved.
• Melodyne supports most recent plugin APIs, like VST 2.4, ReWire 1.7 and RTAS 7.11. This applies both to the MelodyneBridge and to hosting effect plugins.
• Code was also optimized for modern Intel and AMD CPUs. This makes Melodyne 3.1 run much faster on most PCs.
• On Windows, Melodyne's polyphonic algorithm consumes down to half of the CPU power now.
• On Windows, unused space in scroll views is white now.
• "Fix to Arrangement" and "Autostretch" work for virtually every tempo now.
• Spot-to-ProTools does now work when selecting stereo tracks in ProTools.
• The license data is backed up into a separate file. On the Mac, we have "Melodyne License" next to "Melodyne Preferences" and on the PC "Melodyne.lic" next to "Melodyne.prefs". The backup is used whenever the preferences are damaged or not found at all.
• The manuals menu shows all PDF files of the 'Documentation' folder.
• When using "Save Audio" with a large number of audio files (e.g. 100) the 'Save As' and 'Cancel' options would disappear of the bottom of the screen and the command could not be cancelled in any way. With more than 10 tracks a scroll view is used now.
• "Save" does also work for files which are both unsaved and unedited now.
- Very high quality time stretching and pitch shifting--even for polyphonic and complex audio material
- Reliable note recognition
- Macros for the correction of intonation and timing errors
- Simpler arrangement editing
- Powerful editing functions
- System requirements
- PC: PII400 processor with at least 512 MB of RAM (1 GHz and 1 GB
- recommended), 32 MB graphic RAM, around 65 MB of free space on your hard disk, Windows XP.
- Mac: G3 (optimized for G5) with at least 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or
- more recommended), around 73 MB of free space on your hard disk,
- OS 10.3.9 or later
- (The update to version 3.1 is free for all registered 3.x users of Melodyne cre8/studio.)