- Product 241583
Centrance MicPort Pro
- Write a Review
Like a poet who always carries a pad of paper in case they get an unexpected visit from their muse, the MicPort Pro USB mic preamp allows you the fre...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
No batteries. No latency. No headaches. Just plug in and record for 24-bit/96kHz performance.
Like a poet who always carries a pad of paper in case they get an unexpected visit from their muse, the MicPort Pro USB mic preamp allows you the freedom to record rants, riffs, opinions, and overtures whenever the mood strikes you. Whether you're into podcasting from the comfort of home or want to lay down some tracks while out in the woods, the MicPort Pro affords you the convenience of traditional Mac/PC and laptop compatibility.
Compact Pro Audio
The MicPort Pro from CEntrance is a 24-bit/96kHz broadcast-quality USB mic preamp used by the BBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, Warner Brothers, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and voiceover professionals worldwide. MicPort Pro is your mic-to-computer audio interface, compatible with Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.4 and above, and Linux. MicPort Pro features 48V phantom power, a loud headphone output for zero-latency monitoring, and aggregation allows you to record in stereo with two MicPort Pro units. MicPort Pro is perfect for Skype users, and even test & measurement guys love it with MicPort Pro's SMAART compatibility.
Record Anytime, Anywhere
At home or on the road, MicPort Pro's compact, USB-powered design offers maximum audio fidelity and minimal system configuration. Protected by a rugged chassis, MicPort's Class A preamp and low-noise circuitry preserves high-quality audio.
The onboard headphone jack delivers zero-latency monitoring via direct circuit. Mic gain and headphone volume adjustment couldn't be easier with MicPort Pro's two conveniently located rotary controls.
•Broadcasting and interviewing (including stereo & ribbon mics)
•Vocal recording and overdubs
•Instrument and amplifier miking
•Test and measurement
- 24-bit/96kHz performance
- Loud headphone amp level control for zero-latency monitoring
- 48V phantom power internally generated based on 5V of input so even condenser mics can be used with laptops
- Low-noise mic preamp with input level control knob
- High-quality analog-to-digital conversion
- USB bus powered—no batteries or external power supply needed
- Rugged anodized aluminum construction
- 6' (1.83m) USB cable included
- Any dynamic, ribbon, or condenser mic
- Windows XP, Vista
- Mac OSX 10.4 and above
- USB 1.1 and 2.0
- CEntrance Universal Driver allows for recording in stereo with multiple MicPorts
A must-have for the computer-based audio producer. Order today!
- Sample rate: 24-bit/96kHz with optional 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 88.2kHz modes
- Audio input: XLR input
- Audio output: Stereo 1/8" headphone jack
- Power: USB bus (no batteries or external power supply needed)
- Phantom power: Switchable 48V
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1.5dB
- EIN (A-weighted, 150 Ohm source): -122 dBV
- Dynamic range: 104dB (A weighted, min. gain)
- THD+N (-0.5dBFS, 1kHz; min. gain): 0.01%
- Input impedance: 5 kOhm
- Gain range (to 0dBV FS): +6dB (min.) +40dB (max.)
- Max. input level: -6dBV (min.) -40dBV (max.)
- Max. output (headphone jack): -4 dBV @ 16 Ohm load, +2 dBV @ 32 Ohm load
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Didn~'~~t Last Long
- Heats Up
- Not Dependable
- No Users Manual
Comments about CEntrance MicPort Pro:
I've had the micport pro a couple of years. With only 5 to maybe 6 hours max time of use of it. I use it on the road with adobe 1.5 on a Toshiba lap top for voice over projects. It's become useless. The unit heats up to the touch. I'm able to get about 15 seconds of use when it starts to fade as if someone is pulling the potentiometer down. It started doing that a while back, re-plugging it seem to fix the problem. Not anymore. With the claims made and reviews, I thought it would have lasted longer than it did. I need something dependable that's going to work when it's called on. Far too frustrating and it's lost me money and work. Not good. Centrance customer support is lacking as well. Utilizing a customer forum to attempt to help frustrated customers.
Comments about CEntrance MicPort Pro:
The convenience can not be beat here - you just connect this either directly to the microphone (dynamic or condenser - it will even provide phantom power) or to your XLR cable, and the other end to your computer - no drivers to install, it just works. Nothing is ever perfect, however, and with my condenser mic (AT2020) this unit has too much noise. It's not the mic that's noisy here - the noise is there even if I unplug it. The reason for this is I have to crank the gain knob all the way up when recording acoustic guitar to reach anywhere near the acceptable levels. If you just want the convenience - buy this thing. It's cheap and very convenient. If you record high SPL sources (mic'd guitar cabs, for example), the noise levels should be low also. For low SPL sources (acoustic guitars, pod/broadcasting) - look elsewhere.