- Product 189917
Chameleon Labs 7802 Stereo Opto Tube Compressor
- Write a Review
This level of sonic integrity has been reserved for the kilo-buck price range, until now. In the spirit of classic OPTO compressors, the 7802 Stereo ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A tube hybrid with a silky attack and smooth compression.
This level of sonic integrity has been reserved for the kilo-buck price range, until now. In the spirit of classic OPTO compressors, the 7802 Stereo Opto Tube Compressor is a unique hybrid design of vacuum tube and transformer circuitry combined with modern, high performance components. The 7802 compressor offers smooth, open, full bandwidth compression, while imparting a pleasant, subtle glow to your tracks. The silky attack is achieved via electro-optical circuitry, followed by a robust tube makeup gain stage. Final perfection is presented via the transformer balanced outputs.
Read this comment from Martin Feveyear - Producer/Mixer, Jupiter Studios, Seattle (Brandi Carlile, REM, Queens of the Stone Age, Blue Scholars, The Saturday Knights, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Mark Lanegan):
"Please please please don't make me give this thing back..... It can be a soft and slow lover just like you want your classic Opto to be, or it can be a quick, dirty and grabby little mistress that colours up the party. The only Opto Compressor that I would strap across a mix."
What Makes Chameleon Labs Different?
Chameleon Labs is a new type of company, focused on delivering performance and value at a price previously thought impossible. How do they do it? By reinventing how global manufacturing is approached. Chameleon Labs engineers are not inexperienced kids in a garage, buying products that are designed and built in China. Chameleon Labs is comprised of audio professionals with many decades of experience in high-end pro audio gear. From its inception seven years ago, they pioneered the idea of "blended technology", using top-notch parts from the US, UK, and Europe combined with low-cost metalwork and assembly from China. This combination enables a superior performance level at a low price point.
Every Chameleon Labs product is first created and engineered here in the U.S. The goal is to achieve a specific sound through tedious testing in major U.S. recording studios and listening to numerous tracks and/or mixes with a very specific sonic target in mind. A new design must impress the best and brightest of our evaluation group before it ever reaches the factory floor.
- Two channel opto-isolator/tube-based compression
- Stereo linkable channels
- Vactrol optical electronics
- Hand selected 12AX7 tubes
- Five position attack/release selector
- Two position ratio switch (2:1 and 4:1)
- HPF switch for compressor side chain (6dB/octave roll off, 3dB down @ 90Hz)
- Drive control to adjust the amount of tube overdrive
- Output control to set the overall output level
- LED metering of input and clip levels
- VU metering of compression
- XLR balanced inputs
- XLR transformer balanced outputs
- Internal power supply
- One year warranty
Chameleon Labs proves that professional sound doesn't have to cost a fortune. If you're looking for a mix with character, strap this across your 2-bus — you won't regret it!
7802 Stereo Opto Tube Compressor
- Input impedance: 10k ohms unbalanced
- Output impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Maximum output: +20dBu (0dBu = 0.775v)
- Gain: 39 dB
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB from 20Hz to 20 KHz
- THD: Not more than 0.6% from 20Hz to 20 KHz output
- into 600 Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN):-98 dBu
- Sidechain Highpass: 90 Hz (-3dB, 6dB per Octave)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19" x 1.75" x 12.25" (482mm x 44.8mm x
- Shipping weight: 14.4 lbs. (6.5Kg)
- Power Requirements: 115VAC, 110 mA.; 230VAC, 55