- Product 481636
Crest Audio PRO 9200 6500W Power Amplifier
- Write a Review
Designed with touring sound professionals in mind, the Crest Pro 9200 power amplifier faithfully produces high power with low distortion in an extrem...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The latest from a live sound legend!
Designed with touring sound professionals in mind, the Crest Pro 9200 power amplifier faithfully produces high power with low distortion in an extremely lightweight economical package. Rock stable in stereo or bridged mode operation the rackmountable PRO 9200 is engineered to exceed expectations, when powering multiple or single loudspeaker enclosures down to a 2 Ohms load. The Pro 9200 offers the protection that ensures safe and trouble-free shows night after night.
The Pro 200 Series professional power amplifiers offer Crest Audio's renowned sonic integrity while providing exceptionally high power ratings in a compact, lightweight 2 rackspace package. Pro 200 Series amps feature Automatic Clip Limiting (ACL) to protect connected drivers; IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) Impedance Sensing to accommodate varying impedance outputs; tunnel-cooled, high efficiency heat sinks and variable-speed DC fans to limit the operating temperature and extend amplifier life.
- Dramatically reduced net weight
- Latest generation of high speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
- Twin-tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
- Dual, rear-mounted, continuous variable-speed fans
- Balanced male and female XLR inputs with switch-configurable XLR polarity and sensitivity selection
- Speakon and 5-way binding post output connectors
- Ground-lift switch
- Front panel circuit breaker switch
- Modular construction
- 5e-year warranty
- Model: Pro 9200
- Power Rating: 8 Ohms Stereo - 1300 W; 4 Ohms Stereo - 2200 W; 2 Ohms Stereo - 3250 W; 8 Ohms Bridged - 4,400 W; 4 Ohms bridged - 6500 W
- (8 Ohms and 4 Ohms Stereo Power ratings @1kHz, <0.05% THD+N both channels driven; 2 Ohms s stereo & 4 Ohms s Bridged Mono Power ratings @1 kHz, <0.1%THD+N)
Output Voltage RMS: 113V
- Frequency Response:10 Hz ” 100 kHz; +0, -2 dB at 1 watt
- Power Bandwidth:
- 10 Hz ” 35 kHz; +0, -2 dB at rated 4 Ohms power
- Damping factor: >300:1 8 Ohms s @ 20 Hz to 1kHz
- Input CMRR: > -85 dB @1kHz
- Gain: selectable between x 40 (32 dB) and x 20 (26 dB)
- Input Sensitivity (x 40) 4 Ohms rated power ±3%: 2.35 V
- Input Impedance: 15 kohms Balanced
- Hum and Noise A-weighted @ 8 Ohms rated power: >-113 dB
- Crosstalk 1kHz @ 8 Ohms rated power: >-70 dB
- Class: H
- Power Supply: Switched Mode
- Current Draw @ 120 VAC: 1/8 power 4 Ohms : 2,200 W 18.4 A; 2 Ohms 3,350 W 27.9 A; 1/3 power 4 Ohms : 5,000 W 41.7 A 2 Ohms ; 7,300 W 60.9 A
- Thermal Emissions: 1/3 power, 4 Ohms Bridged BTU/hr: 24,909
- Cooling: Back to front via 2 variable speed fans
- Input connectors: Balanced female XLR
- Output connectors: Speakon connectors and five-way binding post
- Front panel: twin recessed stepped attenuators, circuit breaker/power switch
- Rear panel: mode select, gain select
- LED indicators: Signal presence, ACL (Active clip limiting), Active status, Temp
- Construction: Aluminum Chassis
- Dimensions( W x H x D): 19" x 3.5" x 12.25" - 13.75" to rack ears, (483 mm x 89 mm x 312 mm - 13.75" to rack ears)
- Weight: 24.1 lbs. (11 kg)
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
Highest signal to noise rating, lowest total harmonic distortion. Just clean, silent, mind blowing power.
People are confused by audio specifications and rightfully so. Why? Because you have to READ a LOT and LEARN even more through experience to truly understand which specs are important. I agree with the other reviewer here who said these amps have great specs, but I want to add something in non-technical terms that potential buyers can easily understand; Crest amps SOUND GREAT and are BUILT TO LAST.The last three Crest amps I bought were in 1986. They have been through Rock-n-Roll hell; Frozen in trucks, brought in cold, rocked hard and put away hot. They have been miss-wired into 2-ohms loads. They have driven multiple 18" subs and high-fidelity ribbon tweeters. They have been in smokey nightclubs FOR YEARS. Two of them have ben dropped from loading ramps and the back of semi-trailers. All three of them still work perfectly.Many manufacturers play the "Spec game" where they LIE about power ratings through inflated peak ratings into low ohm loads. They incorrectly and unscientifically state specs like CMRR or S/N in the incorrect format; without test-limits or or other crucial parameters. Not Crest. Crest uses INDUSTRY STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS... the REAL kind, without inflated numbers to impress the ignorant & gullible. Even if you do not understand audio specs, when you read Crest documentation, you will see MORE INFORMATION... details that explain the EXACT way a spec was measured. That is one indication of the manufacturers honesty and dedication to excellence.Here's what you cannot see from specs alone; REAL WORLD QUALITY.My Crest amplifiers sound great and deliver CLEAN RAW POWER year after year after year. These Crest amps perform as well as my old (Original) Crown amps back when they were still made in Elkhart, Indiana.... USA. (Now Crown amps are made in China like so many others.)If you want lasting quality,If you want a tough-as-a-tank construction,If you want REAL VALUE for your money,Crest amps are among the best in the world. Get them now while you still can. Support this American icon by buying and using your Crest amp HARD EVERY NIGHT for TWO DECADES.Then tell others about your experience. That way, this kind of American Quality can remain profitable and future musicians will have a chance to get good analog A/B amps.Just say "no" to cheap Chinese Class-D power amps.Vote with your money, ...the only vote that counts.Tell the world you want REAL QUALITY with American engineering. Buy Crest Amps.
I bought this amp to run JBL SRX 718s Subwoofers, was very happy with it.. some one side Crown itech sound better on JBL Speakers so I end up with buying Used Crown itech 8000 for those subwoofers and use it for a couple time and not sure if I like it seem like something missing on bass until I switch back to Crest Pro 9200 again.... Wow oh my god... it's big difference on bass , more sonic and more enjoyable make me don't want to leave my garage,wants to stay there and lessen to music all day long... sorry for my broken English...
ok here is my question i want this amp but i need to know if it is compatable with the Electro voice dual 18 inch subs and the electro voice dual 15 inch speakers and if anyone has any idea of the best pro audio in my house and i want it POWERFUL like 1000 watts nominal or over becuase i want the house to shake and i just love loud and bass noises so anyone please tell me what is good for me thanks