- Product 278408
Crown CM-200A Handheld Microphone
- Write a Review
The Crown CM-200A cardioid condenser microphones for professional vocal and instrumental use offers studio-quality sound, yet is rugged enough to wit...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Crown CM-200A cardioid condenser microphones for professional vocal and instrumental use offers studio-quality sound, yet is rugged enough to withstand hard professional use in the field. Its outstanding performance is complemented with handsome styling and a comfortable balance.
The sound of the CM-200A is smooth and non-harsh ” yet very articulate ” with a wider frequency range than standard vocal microphones. When used up close, its proximity effect boosts the low-frequency response for a warm, robust sound. An upper-midrange "presence peak" adds intelligibility.
The cardioid polar pattern increases gain-before feedback, rejects unwanted background noise, and discriminates against sounds approaching the rear of the microphone.
A built-in multistage pop filter effectively suppresses explosive breath sounds. Handling noise is extremely low. The unit can withstand repeated drops and abuse, as well as extremely loud sound pressure levels without distortion.
The output of the microphone is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. The unit can be phantom powered from the console or other remote power supply.
Included with the CM-200A is a convenient carrying pouch, an adjustable microphone stand adapter for mounting the unit to any microphone stand, and a foam windscreen to further reduce breath popping and wind noise.
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces feedback and background noise
- Smooth, articulate sound with up-close bass boost
- Built rugged for the road
- Silent-operating magnetic reed on-off switch in the CM-200ASW
- Handsome styling and comfortable balance
- Multi-stage pop filter, low handling noise
- Type: Cardioid condenser vocal-instrumental microphone
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (typical): 80 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohms nominal, 200 ohms actual, balanced. Recommended minimum load impedance 1000 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity (48 V supply): 3.0 mV/Pa* (”53 dBV/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: ”52 dBm/Pa*
- Equivalent Noise Level (self-noise): 21.5 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted
- S/N Ratio: 72.5 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL for 3% THD: 151 dB SPL with 48V supply; 143 dB SPL with 12V supply
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces a positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of output connector
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC, positive voltage on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1 of output connector
- Current Drain: 1.7 mA
- Materials: Rugged aluminum alloy housing, steel grille
- Finish: Satin black
- Cable: None supplied; use 2-conductor shielded microphone cable
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR type
- Net Weight: 7 oz. (199 g)
- Included Accessories: Carrying pouch, ASA-2 microphone stand adapter and WS-4 windscreen
- Optional Accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (1 channel, battery or AC adapter powered)
- *1 pascal = 10 dynes/cm2 = 10 microbars = 94 dB SPL