- #H73908 000000000 H73908000000000
Crown PCC170 Surface Mount Supercardioid Boundary Mic
- Write a Review
The CROWN PCC-170 is a surface-mounted supercardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the mo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Reproduces the voice with a clean, clear and natural sound.
The CROWN PCC-170 is a surface-mounted supercardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and council chambers. Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the CROWN PCC-170 minimizes background noise and feedback. The microphone reproduces the voice with a clean, clear and natural sound.
Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary or surface, direct and reflected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase. This coherent addition of direct and reflected waves increase sensitivity 6 dB and prevents phase cancellations.
The mic capsule is small enough to ensure phase coherency up to the highest frequencies in the audible spectrum, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high and an RFI suppression is included. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the PCC-170 has a low-impedance mic level balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss.
- Supercardioid polar pattern offers high-gain-before-feedback
- Phase coherent cardioid design prevents coloration from surface sound reflections
- Wide and smooth frequency response
- Three-position bass-tilt switch
- Small and inconspicuous
- Houses of worship
- Distance learning
Order a boundary mic with enhanced clarity and reach.
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency range: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 22 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 120 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 22 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio: 72 dB (A-weighted)
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Power requirement: 12 to 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M
- Cable: 170 g (6 oz.)
- Finish: black
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 12.3 x 2.3 cm (3.4 x 4.84 x 0.9 in.)
- Net weight: 170 g (6 oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.