- 482849 000000000 482849000000000
Daking Mic-Pre/4 Band EQ
- Write a Review
The Daking Mic-Pre/4 Band EQ is a single channel high end, all discrete Class A transformer balanced (input and output) unit that combines a great mi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Single-channel high-end mic pre with world-class EQ inspired by the Trident A Range.
The Daking Mic-Pre/4 Band EQ is a single channel high end, all discrete Class A transformer balanced (input and output) unit that combines a great mic pre and world class EQ in one single rack unit. Separate mic and line inputs can be selected from the front panel Line switch without changing cables on the back panel. Both inputs are combo XLR/1/4" TRS. The Mic-Pre/EQ has a gain of 70dB, which allows it to easily handle all types of mics from ribbons to dynamics and condensers. Switched phantom power enables secure ribbon mic use, and a 20dB pad switch prevents overload on high-output condenser mics. It also has a front-panel phase switch for inverting input phase, while a large overall mute button and bypass button e workflow.
Geoff Daking's famous "A Range"-inspired EQ has four individual EQ bands and five stepped frequencies per band with frequencies specially chosen for effective results. This is thought to be some of the best EQ available for tracking, mixing or mastering. It features continuously variable EQ boost or cut of 15dB; 25Hz High Pass 6 db/octave filter for getting rid of the low-end rumble that ruins tracks; and a 12dB per octave low-pass filter at 15kHz, which helps get rid of extreme top end edginess. Separate overall output level control makes up gain lost in extensive EQ cuts. Built to last and provide top-notch performance, all relay switching features gold bifurcated contacts for long life and steel construction for strength and noise immunity. An outboard in-line universal power supply provides remote power in order to keep the noise floor low.
Truly astounding in its ability to reveal vocal detail and character when used with a large-diaphragm condenser, the Mic-Pre/EQ also provides exceptional clarity while maintaining warmth. It imparts a beautiful high-end sheen with none of the harshness associated with certain modern designs. It has all the character of the classic preamps on which it is based, but without the unreliable behavior, plus more richness, detail, and sparkle.
Notable users of Daking preamps and compressors: Includes Grammy winners Joe Chicarelli (Tori Amos, Counting Crows, U2) and Ted Perlman (Chicago, Bob Dylan, Elton John), Butch Vig (Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage) Steve Albini (Nirvana, PJ Harvey, Cheap Trick), Russ Long (Wilco, Dolly Parton, Sixpence None the Richer), and master mixers Chris and Tom Lord-Alge (everybody else from James Brown to the Rolling Stones).
- Transformer balanced Iiputs and output
- All discrete transistor circuitry
- Class "A" amplifiers
- Four Band EQ with hard bypass
- Continuously variable boost and cut: +-16dB
- Stepped frequencies:
- High shelving 8-10-12-15k-20k
- Upper Mids 1.5-3-5-7-9K
- Lower Mids 125hZ-250hZ-500hZ-1K-2K
- Low shelving 30-50-80-100-150hZ
- High & Low Pass Filters 25hZ & 15KhZ
- All relay switching w/gold bi-furcated contacts
- Switched +48v Phantom power
- Remoteable mute and bypass
- 20dB pad on mic input
- Stainless steel construction for noise immunity
- Aluminum knobs
- Output level control before last stage of gain
Vintage warmth and sparkling clarity for your mixes from a premier name in the recording industry.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Daking Mic-Pre/4 Band EQ:
If your like me, you want and need your money to go a long way when you invest in your gear. Let's face it, there's a lot of junk out there with a first rate price tag. Daking is not one of them. This channel strip, in my opinion, is one of the best pieces of gear your money can buy. I've yet to record a bad track through it. It's clean but warm, very easy to use, and it sounds great with anything you plug into it. Also, if you use tube mics... watch out, they sound unreal through this pre!