- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Digidesign Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 Recording Software
- Write a Review
- Product 701055
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 is an upgrade to your M-Audio-based Pro Tools system with exciting new music creation tools; more editing, mixing, and automa...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Pro Tools power for a wide range of M-Audio interfaces!
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 is an upgrade to your M-Audio-based Pro Tools system with exciting new music creation tools; more editing, mixing, and automation features; powerful customization and grouping options; and improved video functionality and post production workflows.
It also supports the latest M-Audio hardware, bringing your options in compatible interfaces to two dozen. Whether you're composing music or mixing audio for post production, Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 is an essential upgrade packed with a wide range of new features and enhancements that let you work faster, smarter, and more creatively.
The Dynamic Transport mode allows you to start playback anywhere in the timeline without affecting the current selection by simply placing a Play Start marker. You can also edit and move loop selections independently of the Play Start marker, all without manually stopping the transport. Loop playback also automatically updates to the selection without having to manually stop and start the transport. With the new Loop Trim tool, you can instantly turn any audio or MIDI region into a loop. And auditioning audio files is easier than ever: The Loop Preview mode lets you quickly audition a selected REX or ACID file in the DigiBase browser, while Auto Preview mode allows you to audition single or multiple files automatically when selected.
Compose Music Easier
Creating music in Pro Tools M-Powered software has never been easier or more efficient, letting you concentrate on what matters most—your music.
New Music Tools
The Create Click Track command quickly creates an auxiliary click track with the DigiRack Click plug-in already inserted with its own volume control. You can also set a preference to create a click track whenever you create a new session. The new Send to Sibelius command bridges Pro Tools and Sibelius notation software (sold separately), allowing you to export Pro Tools MIDI and Instrument tracks—complete with key changes—to Sibelius. And the new Key Signature ruler allows you to easily add, edit, move and delete key signatures in your sessions. Add a key signature to define the key of a composition; edit it to change sessions or passages to another key. You can specify the mode (major or minor), transpose MIDI pitches diatonically or chromatically and even constrain pitches to a key.
Improved MIDI Recording
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 music software introduces several new functions and improvements to enhance your MIDI-recording process. MIDI regions are now always created on bar boundaries to help with looping and arrangement. And you can now click on the keyboard in MIDI and Instrument tracks to quickly select all of the same-pitched notes of your performance. What's more, with the new RTAS Engine error suppression options, you can be sure that Pro Tools will keep moving along with your creativity—even when your system approaches its processing limits.
Edit and Mix Faster
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 audio production software comes packed with plenty of new tools and enhancements that'll have you working smarter and faster than ever.
Forget about having to manually stop and start the transport to make changes to your mix configuration—you can now make many common changes on the fly. Go ahead, add or remove tracks; add, remove or copy inserts and sends; change a track's I/O routing; re-order tracks; and make other changes without having to manually stop playback.
New right-click functionality allows you to quickly perform common tasks by simply choosing a command from a shortcut menu. The Open Recent menu enables you to quickly open any of your last ten sessions—there's also a direct shortcut to your most recently opened session for even more convenience. You can also set your favorite EQ and dynamics processor as defaults, giving you fast access to these commonly used tools. The DigiBase browser now displays plug-in settings, enabling you to search them by name or manufacturer. You can also drag and drop plug-in settings from the browser onto empty inserts to add the corresponding plug-in or drop a plug-in settings file onto a plug-in to load the setting. Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 audio software even lets you to easily insert and renumber memory locations.
Field Recorder Support
You can now import monophonic and polyphonic WAV files and metadata recorded by a field recorder into Pro Tools M-Powered and view its multichannel metadata in new columns in the DigiBase browser, including the bit-depth, clip name, number of channels, duration, format and more.
Automation data now displays in real time while it's being written, letting you actually see how you're affecting a track. The way in which Pro Tools M-Powered indicates a track's automation writing status has also been improved, allowing you to clearly see which parameter is being written, along with which parameters are write-enabled or not. You can also set Pro Tools M-Powered to automatically enable all parameters of a plug-in for automation when you add the plug-in to your mix.
New Time Shift Plug-in
When you need to edit your work to fit an exact timeframe, the new DigiRack Time Shift plug-in employs some of the best-sounding algorithms in the industry for powerful time stretching and pitch shifting. Excellent for resizing loops in music production, Time Shift also offers presets for common pull-up and pull-down operations, making it an essential, easy-to-use tool in post-production applications.
Work the Way You Want
With new user-customizable features and enhancements, Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 software lets you work the way you want to work with the utmost efficiency.
Save Your Views
Save up to 99 of your favorite window views with the new Window Configurations feature (aka "screen sets"), which allows you to have all of the right windows—in your chosen size, location and order—at your fingertips for the project at hand. Save a set of open windows to handle just your recording needs. Create another that allows you to mix audio unencumbered. Have all of the necessary windows ready for your post production projects. Or even tailor Window Configurations on a per-project basis. And if you want to temporarily hide all floating windows and then bring them back exactly as they were, the new Hide All Open Floating Windows command will do just that.
New Group Features
With Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 software, you now have a total of 104 Mix and Edit groups available at your disposal. In addition, a new group dialog and commands allow you to create, modify, duplicate and delete groups quickly and easily.
Customize Zoom Toggle and Track Heights
With the new Zoom Toggle preference, you can specify the track height, track view and Edit grid resolution when zooming. Track height is now continuously variable, allowing you to quickly adjust a track's height by simply clicking and dragging. In addition, the Track Height pop-up menu includes two new options: Micro lets you see more tracks simultaneously, while the Fit to Window option expands the track to fill your entire screen so you can better view and edit a selection.
Work with Video
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 music creation software adds a variety of features for working with video projects, including support for HD QuickTime formats such as H.264, HDV and DVCPRO 100. A Video Engine Rate indicator now displays video frame rates, and DigiBase browsers let you search and sort video clips by compression type and other useful metadata.
- Dynamic Transport mode allows playback to operate independently of the current selection
- Loop playback automatically updates to the selection without manually stopping and starting the transport
- Loop Trim tool allows you to easily turn audio or MIDI regions into loops
- Create Click Track command and preference
- Tracks Default to Tick Timebase preference speeds up loop-based workflows
- Key Signature ruler enables key signature changes and transposition
- Send to Sibelius command offers streamlined workflow between Pro Tools and Sibelius notation software
- RTAS Engine error suppression options
- Additional MIDI recording, editing and export features
- Add and reorder tracks; create, move, or copy inserts and sends; and adjust I/O routing on the fly
- Time Shift digirack plug-in delivers improved time compression/expansion
- Drag and drop plug-in settings from the digibase browser onto empty insert slots or active plug-ins for instant plug-in opening and setting recall
- Wide range of right-click contextual menus offers fast access to commonly accessed parameters
- Real-time drawing of automation
- Default EQ and dynamics plug-ins allow for immediate access to commonly used plug-ins
- Open Recent menu command allows quick access to your last ten sessions
- Support for signaltools metering and analysis plug-ins
- Shuffle Lock mode prevents accidental region moving when editing
- Create fades and perform region-based editing in automation views
- New preference automatically enables plug-ins for automation when added to a track
- New automation indicator behavior
- New behavior options for switched controls when in Touch automation mode
- Fade boundaries and shapes display in automation views
- Snap To commands allow snapping regions or Edit selections to other regions
- Mouse scroll wheel enhancements for zooming and scrolling
- Region list displays multichannel metadata
- Up to 99 Window Configurations (aka "screen sets") to instantly recall custom view arrangements
- Customizable Zoom Toggle lets you define track view and height when zooming
- Continuously variable track height allows tracks to be instantly resized to any height
- Hide All Open Floating Windows command
- Easily insert and renumber memory locations
- 104 groups available (4 banks of 26 Group ids)
- New group dialog and commands to modify, duplicate and delete groups
- New grouped control offset behavior
- Loop Preview and Auto Preview options
- View, search and drag-and-drop plug-in settings
- Show and hide columns in digibase browsers
- New browser fields display metadata commonly used in post-production projects
- New force relinking file capability
Why go with a unproven imitation when you can work with the real thing? Order today!
- Minimum System Required:
- Digidesign-qualified M-Audio system
- Digidesign-qualified computer running Windows XP**
- Software (Vista not supported) includes an iLok USB Smart Key that additionally requires Internet access and a free www.iLok.com account.
- ** For the most current system requirements, compatibility information, and online support, visit this page.
- Maximum System Required:
- Digidesign-qualified M-Audio system
- Digidesign-qualified computer running Mac OS X
- Software includes an iLok USB Smart Key that additionally requires Internet access and a free www.iLok.com account.
Reviewed by 6 customers
Displaying reviews 1-6
I just purchased this and gave it away to a friend. How is this the best selling software but yet its the worst rated hmmm!!! Go buy Logic studio its all you need. I bit the bullet and purchased it and I am totally happy now.
I've used other systems through the years because ProTools was too expensive. Now that's not true. It's EXTREMELY easy to use as well in my opinion. There's a lot of support for training and even their online videos at the digidesign website are great. I've done more with ProTools in one week than I did with my other system in years.
Pro Tools takes a lot of crap from people that use other DAWs. I have used 2 different standalone units (Korg and Tascam), Logic Express, Logic Pro, Audition, Audacity, Peak/Deck, SAW 32, Cubase, Sound Forge, Sound Edit 16, and finally Pro Tools. PT has the best editing and mixing capabilities of everything I have used. The features it is missing are Offline export, and automatic delay compensation. FXSpansion's VST>RTAS wrapper opens up a whole world of free VST plug-ins, and there are even a few free RTAS plugs available on the web. The 32 track limit is a non-issue - I have only once hit that limit, and it was becuase the drummer couldn't play the song all the way through, so I had to have double the number of tracks of drums (first half of the song and second half).PTMP 7.3 is exactly what I need from a DAW. plenty of tracks, processing power, editing functions, good MIDI, flexible routing... and a 4-core Mac Pro doesn't hurt!
I have used Protools for over 8 years now, and it keeps getting better. Protools is the standard of the music industry today. You cannot be an engineer if you do not know how to work pro tools. I do not care what any one says I do this for a living. I base my entire projects around Protools and no other application will set the standard of excellent. If you are looking for the best innovative soft wear around. Take it from a PRO Protools set the bar for the best creative soft wear ANY WHERE!!!
This pro-tools software is amazing. I am just starting to record on my own. Was able to pick it up and start within 30 min of install. It is incredible, a little on the complicated side with some of the features, but still great. This is also great you want amazing quality and no problems. Hey, if I can pick it up without any recording experience at all, so can you.
Ok Pro-tools is great, its so simple, plug inns are where you need them automation is fast and easy, the reverbs are some of the best for a "light" recording software. I'm am simply awed at how fast you can get what you need done. ONly down side if your computer is slow dont bother pro tools sucks at your computer make sure its a fast PC or mac. The mini macs slow and quit on pro tools often. Just be awware of that. Fast computer=fast mixing and recording.