- Product 501387
Digidesign Strike RTAS Virtual Drummer Educational Edition
- Write a Review
The Digidesign Strike RTAS Virtual Drummer is a revolutionary RTAS plug-in that's one part intelligent virtual drummer and one part professional drum...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Exceptional savings on an RTAS Virtual Drummer that'll bring the beats to your class projects.
The Digidesign Strike RTAS Virtual Drummer is a revolutionary RTAS plug-in that's one part intelligent virtual drummer and one part professional drum module. Strike Virtual Drummer is loaded with high-definition drum kits and style choices that give you realtime control over your performance. This Educational Edition will help instructors add this awesome beat maker to their classroom palette at an enormous price break.
Simply pick the kit and tell the drummer how to play, adjusting the playing intensity, complexity, timing, groove, dynamics, and many other parameters in realtime. Digidesign Strike offers editable preset patterns based on real recordings and lets you create your own patterns with the onboard Style Editor, which also lets Strike double as a powerful drum module. Proprietary technology eliminates the mechanized artifacts of typical sample-playback devices, while a comprehensive built-in mixer with a full palette of effects processing and multichannel output capability provides full control over every aspect of the drum kit sound.
Mix It Up
To help you get the perfect drum sound, Strike includes a built-in mixing console for full control over every aspect of the kit. Change virtual microphone settings, such as room ambiance and leakage, then take advantage of dedicated 3-band EQ and two insert effects per channel. Strike's onboard effects range from dynamics and limiting to reverb and delay, plus specialized tools like bit crusher and filter. The onboard mixer lets you easily adjust the overall level and panning for each drum and route individual sounds to separate mixer channels in Pro Tools software.
Meet Your New Drummer
With Strike, getting the groove you want is as simple as choosing one of the high-definition kits and telling the virtual drummer how to play: Adjust the playing intensity, complexity, timing, groove, dynamics, and much more—all in real time. Use the automation features in Pro Tools to perfect all of your moves and get the perfect drum performance. Connect your MIDI controller to tweak your performance on the fly using knobs, sliders, drum pads, or anything else that sends MIDI data. And, for the ultimate in control, use a Digidesign control surface—such as Command"8 or Control"24—or tap into the power of an ICON integrated console.
Unbelievable Human Feel
Strike's proprietary realtime performance engine eliminates the mechanized artifacts of typical sample-playback devices to deliver human results with unparalleled realism. Increase the playing intensity and you'll get a smooth dynamic response in the drum tone instead of audible velocity switches. Change up the feel or complexity and get instant, natural-sounding results. With Strike, you can produce professional drum tracks not possible using conventional sampling technology.
Strike comes loaded with 5 high-resolution drum kits, each containing up to 12 instruments with up to 300 individual samples per instrument for an incredible range of detail. Whether you compose soundtracks, pop tunes, or just need a drummer to jam along with on your guitar, Strike delivers totally human-like results with over 1,500 editable preset patterns in popular music styles. Strike also lets you create your own custom patterns with the onboard Style Editor, or by functioning as a drum module in Pro Tools software.
- Easily produce professional, highly realistic drum performances within Pro Tools
- Full real-time control of the virtual drummer's performance
- Adjust intensity, complexity, timing, groove, dynamics, and much more
- Groundbreaking realtime performance engine allows for gradually adjusting the dynamics of a drum performance
- Fast, interactive realtime arrangement and composition of drum parts
- 5 high-definition drum kits
- Up to 12 instruments per kit
- Up to 300 samples per instrument
- 20GB of 24-bit audio uses proprietary lossless compression for 5GB space
- Over 1,500 preset drum performances
- Dozens of musical styles and song section structures
- Intelligently mapped drum patterns
- Doubles as a powerful MIDI drum module for use with your own drum patterns and sequences
- Built-in virtual mixing console for full control over drum kit sound, including room ambience, microphone levels/leakage, EQ, dynamics, and more
- Dedicated EQ and 2 insert effects processors per channel including compressor, limiter, tube saturation, distortion, bit crusher, filter, ring modulator, delay, reverb, phaser, chorus and more
- Support for multi-channel plug-in output for discrete routing and mixing of each drum kit component independently in the Pro Tools mixer
- MIDI Learn functionality allows for easily mapping plug-in parameters to MIDI instruments for hands-on control
- Full support for Pro Tools automation and control via Digidesign control surfaces and ICON integrated consoles
Strike RTAS Virtual Drummer Educational Edition
- System Requirements
- Digidesign-qualified Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered system running Pro Tools 7.0 or higher software
- 768 MB of RAM (1 GB or better recommended)
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- iLok USB Smart Key (a free iLok.com account is required for retrieving and managing iLok licenses)