- Product 582025
Digidesign Velvet Educational 2009
- Write a Review
The Digidesign Velvet Virtual Piano educational edition is specially priced for purchase by K-12 and higher education institutions, instructors at su...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An incredibly realistic electric piano emulation plug-in to experiment with.
The Digidesign Velvet Virtual Piano educational edition is specially priced for purchase by K-12 and higher education institutions, instructors at such institutions and currently enrolled students (including those who are home-schooled). Proper documentation, such as a school PO, faculty/student ID, or documentation from an applicable governing body recognizing the school/home school as an accredited education institution, must be provided in order to use and register this product.
This powerful RTAS instrument plug-in delivers highly realistic emulations of popular electric pianos. Developed by the Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research (A.I.R.) group, Velvet accurately emulates the nuances of the original pianos, both in sound quality and playing feel, to reproduce virtually any electric piano sound. Digidesign Velvet is based on 4 legendary electric pianos: the Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes MK I and MK II Stage Pianos, and the Wurlitzer A200. .
Most virtual instruments use either a sampling technique (every note is real) or a modeling technique (the behavior is more realistic) to emulate sounds and maintain performance efficiency. Velvet employs proprietary dynamic modeling, a unique combination of optimized sampling and modeling techniques, allowing it to achieve incredibly accurate recreations of classic electric piano sounds with superior playing feel and dynamic response. You can even pull off sounds you'd normally only hear when playing the real instrument, from the faintness of the lightest pianissimo to the note splat of the strongest fortissimo.
Realistic Electric Piano Experience
Velvet provides unprecedented control over the sound characteristics with so much realism, it's as if you were playing a real electric piano. Turn up the tube drive controls in the preamp section to warm up your tone. Adjust the timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve to customize the playing feel. Craft your ideal sound using the built-in multi-effects processing engine, and adjust the tuning. Even mix in the sound of pedal and other keyboard mechanical noises to recreate a truly realistic electric piano feel.
As Easy to Use as the Originals
Whether you want to use one of the over 100 included professional-sounding electric piano presets or create something unique, dialing up the perfect electric piano sound is easy. Just select a preset and tweak away. The plug-in's graphic user interface is reminiscent of classic electric pianos, making it familiar if you've ever played the real deal. Its controls work almost like the originals, allowing you to easily modify sounds at the twist of a knob or notch of a slider.
Total Sound Control
Velvet features a built-in preamp and effects to add a contemporary spin on a classic. Its powerful preamp section lets you shape your electric piano sound, and includes tube overdrive, compression, and a custom 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band. Process your sound further using a wide range of distortion, wah/filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, and tape delay effects —modeled after the classic originals—to emulate a vintage sound or forge something new. You can even capture the perfect vibe by adding tremolo and autopan effects, which are modeled after those on the original electric pianos.
Built for Pro Tools
Built specifically for Pro Tools systems by the A.I.R. group, Velvet is tightly integrated with the creative environment of Pro Tools 7 or higher software, and designed for optimal performance and rock-solid reliability. With its unique, dynamic modeling techniques and unrivaled sound control, Velvet provides flexibility that enables keyboard players, arrangers, composers, and producers to achieve highly realistic electric piano sounds for any style of music with the convenience of a Pro Tools plug-in.
- Realistic emulations of four legendary electric pianos: The Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes MK I and MK II Stage Pianos, and the Wurlitzer A200
- Unique combination of high-definition sampling and a proprietary dynamic modeling technique delivers the ultimate electric piano experience
- Proprietary engine allows for dynamic resolution and response
- Detailed reproductions of electric pianos, including signature sounds when keys are hit forcefully
- Exceptional control over the sound characteristics, including the unique ability to add the sound of the keyboard mechanics to the output signal
- Easily adjust the overall timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve of each model for a range of classic and contemporary electric piano sounds
- Powerful preamp section with tube overdrive, compression, and custom 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band
- Flexible, dedicated tremolo and autopan effects modeled after those on vintage electric pianos
- Built-in professional multi-effects processing engine features stunningly realistic reproductions of vintage distortion, wah/filter, modulation, amplifier, and delay effects—including an emulation of classic tape delay
- Over 100 electric piano presets build a basis for faithful reproductions of legendary classic—as well as modern—electric piano sounds
- MIDI Learn functionality allows for easily mapping plug-in parameters to MIDI instruments and controllers
- Familiar, easy-to-use graphic user interface reminiscent of the classic electric pianos
Velvet Educational 2009
- System Requirements
- Digidesign-qualified Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered system running Pro Tools 7.0 or higher software
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- iLok USB Smart Key (sold separately), Internet access, and a free iLok.com account (for retrieving and managing iLok licenses)