- Product J14599
DPA Microphones 4006C Omnidirectional Microphone (Compact)
- Write a Review
Sometimes a microphone's size can affect its usability in studio and in live environments. The DPA 4006C is a low-profile, lightweight, inconspicuous...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Full-bodied sound from a small-bodied mic.
Sometimes a microphone's size can affect its usability in studio and in live environments. The DPA 4006C is a low-profile, lightweight, inconspicuous microphone appropriate for environments in which a top-quality recording mic is required, but a small footprint is preferred. The compact design and clean, transparent sound ofthe 4006C make it ideal for applications of this nature. The 4006C can be mounted, hung or concealed to create clean, transparent recordings, making it ideal for theaters, opera and concert halls or places of worship where inobtrusiveness is an asset. It is likewise ideal for film applications, both in the studio and on location, for these very same reasons. These mics are also popular with musicians for close-miking instruments such as double bass, trumpet and piano. At the same time, they are excellent for ambient miking on soundstages, in sports stadiums, and in other environments where audience sound needs to be recorded.
Several tools in one
A selection of acoustic modification accessories, including nose cone and interchangeable protection grids, allows the 4006C to be acoustically transformed into different microphone versions, making it the most multifaceted mic in your collection and a tremendous value. By simply changing a grid, it is possible to gain several unique frequency responses and directional characteristics from a single mic. Furthermore, these grids and elements will not produce any phase shift, noise or distortion that would otherwise be introduced by an electrical filter.
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 140 dB
- Capsule: Condenser
- Pattern: Omni
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage, theatrical
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Length: 2.5"
- Weight: 2.2 oz.
- Case: Hard case
- Clip: Hard rubber
- Power supply: No
Neutral, versatile and precise, the DPA 4006C has become a recording industry standard. Order today!
4006C Omnidirectional Microphone (Compact)
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Catridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 40 mV/Pa; -28 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 17 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 79 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 134 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 119 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 140 dB
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 50 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 63 g (2.2 oz)
- Diameter: 16 to 19 mm (0.63 to 0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Length: 64 mm (2.5 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 4 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Matching tolerance: ± 0,5 dB
- Phase deviation for kit: < 5°